State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS AZ News: A bomb threat was written on the new MCSO building under construction. Building evacuated.

Hmmm ... it's Wednesday and as was pointed out earlier, it's "migraine day" ... but I hope she has used all of "get out of court for the day cards" ...

:waitasec: I hope someone is keeping an eye on someone's BFF who was in :jail: ...

:moo:

Yes I think she wanted Travis more than anything. I don't know why though. I know her previous bfs didn't hold a candle to Travis. I don't think MM was very successful. Brewer although I'm not sure about his financial status is much older than JA and you know JA cares a lot about looks, age etc.

Travis was the first man she met that really had it all. I don't know what JA would have done had she met a man more good-looking than Travis, richer and who actually wanted JA. Would she have left Travis? I don't know. I do know that she wanted Travis more than anything else in her miserable life.

Another thing. I've heard some THs say that JA left everything to move to Mesa. JA didn't really have much of a life to sacrifice and leave. She didn't have many friends, no stable job, no conscience, no nothing. She picked up and left for Mesa to suck up the life and resources of Travis and others.

I agree that she wanted Travis more than anything, and that, to her, he had it all (though I don't put much stock in the material angle; the glue was powerful emotion, sex, religion).

But, I don't agree with the rest. Because Jodi is immature and unstable in so many ways, the best man to come along for her was probably Darryl. This is just a guess, of course, but he came off for me as a mature, reasonable, dedicated father who probably could withstand her storminess and not be reactive toward her. It wouldn't have been an "equal" relationship, but probably much more stable than the others. Just the sense I get.

O/T, we moved from Houston 5 years ago. Every time I see your signature of Leo's I am reminded of many meals and margaritas there.....L O N G time ago!! :seeya:

Yeah! Leo's closed several years ago but had good food...I always liked this pic because it was on the inside cover of ZZ Top Tres Hombre album...back when people bought albums...lol

He is easy on the eyes, that's for sure. But am I the only one who thinks he looks ORANGE? I cant stand that. Im all for tanning, but I dont think its normal to look like an oompa loompa.

JMO

BWWAHAHAHAAA!!! I say that all the time about orange people!!! A little too much tanning.

He is easy on the eyes, that's for sure. But am I the only one who thinks he looks ORANGE? I cant stand that. Im all for tanning, but I dont think its normal to look like an oompa loompa.

JMO

He lives in Miami! I still wouldn't mind...:blushing:

:floorlaugh: I tell ya, what a choice -- lol !

JMO but whoever does the Closing, it will be boring and full of :liar:

LOL ... "and you can mark my words on that."

:seeya:
Weeelllll.. although Wilmott is death penalty qualified, Nurmi is lead counsel sooooo

Jaun will make it quick and to the point....The defense will try to drag it out. I hope the judge holds true to her word and it will be over today and on to closing tomorrow!!:back:

I hope JM gives his "I'm so freakin bored" look during the testimony today, then stands up to cross, asks 2 pertinent q's that blows the witness' testimony, says "no more q's", drops the mike, and pirouettes back to his seat. :please:

This part of gcharlie's great timeline really makes me wonder if Jodi actually was in the house at the time. This makes me think she was waiting for the roommate to leave and TA did not know she was around til after text to Chris and before sex photos.

June 4
4:00 am Travis’s computer shows 3 Youtube videos viewed, per Melendez.

AM- Roommate Enrique may have seen Travis for last time, per Flores report. Travis said he had conference call that night. Travis also said he did not sleep much that night, getting only 45 minutes of sleep.

AM- speculation that Travis finished putting together floor cleaning machine and moved furniture, based on interviews with both roommates (Flores report).

12:13 Travis texts Chris Hughes. Last outgoing communication on Travis’s cell phone.

Why would he be preparing to clean the floor that morning, if she was up in his bed? I suppose it is possible, it just seems weird. And that he'd not mention anything to the roommate, since he was already saying he was scared of her.

I think maybe she was not 'officially' there, like maybe looking in the window of his office watching him watch the "Harder Stronger Faster Whatever" video.

I would stick to my guns. If I truly believe something I do it. For example, I wrote every Senator years ago about a certain person sponsored by the USPS riding in France and how much a disgrace it was to sponsor someone for that kind of money in a country that didn't even support the US at the time. Not to mention the other thingy.

I took the OP's question to mean, an eleven against one scenario, where the eleven would not be moved from murder two. In that situation, I imagine the one juror would feel ganged up on or pressured to compromise to the elevens position. I don't think I would make that compromise, although I would feel awful at the hardship it would put on TA's family and the state coffers to go through this all again. I do believe I would hang it though, because all of the misery of another trial would pale in comparison to her killing another innocent person and the knowledge that I made that possible. In short, a hung jury would suck but not as bad as her being paroled in the near future.

Thank you for that! One thing that caught my eye is that the robbery to Grandpa's house occured around 3:30 pm - this is a very odd time for a robbery - well maybe not a "robbery" but a real robbery - who robs someone in the middle of the afternoon usually?
excellent point! never thought of it that way. Also, I remember JA had her alibi all ready to go regarding this "robbery"..."no, not me, I was with my sister at the blah blah blah"

...with my sister at the monestary. LOL.

It's been said that Travis knew something really bad Jodi had done.
Chris Hues who has read all of Travis' e-mails says if he had not threatned to expose her Travis would still be here.

He threatened to expose her shortly before the gun was stolen. He said if people knew what he knew they would spit in her face. He wouldn't be talking about their sexcapades becuase he was doing it with her. It was something else and it had to have been very bad.

What if Jodi is the one who is a pedophile? She flips everything good onto herself and bad onto others. Note, she has a defense attorney who defends pedophiles who she flipped out about when he wanted to leave her and refused to release him.

She had two siblings in diapers when she was old enough to "kick" a dog who got in the trash. Then DB had a young son... It just hit me yesterday after listening to Chris and then Sky. What if it was Jodi who was a pedophile with a past and she confessed it to Travis in trying to convince him how serious about converting to his religion she was.

If not, what if she has hurt someone else?

Travis was very forgiving, he believed his religion could change people and he was all for forgiveness for some of the most horrendous stuff ever done. He was abused, stalked, embarrassed. He forgave.

I just had to get it out there. There it's out. Chris wishes he knew what it was becuase he feels it played a part in the death. I do too. I feel there is a lot more to Jodi's past then we know. Listen to her parents and how people called them telling them they needed to get Jodi help.

Jodi has done far more then we know but Travis knew.

Oh my! This same exact thought came to my out of the blue last night. I wouldn't be surprised.

Vinnie just said court resumes at noon. Why was I thinking 9am?

He lives in Miami! I still wouldn't mind...:blushing:

Yea, ok, he lives in Miami..... Ive never seen the sun turn someone that shade or orange. :sigh: Reminds me of Snooky

Not meant to bash or hurt any feelings, just not for me.

REASONABLE DOUBT

I am hoping that when the juror's deliberate that they understand what beyond a reasonable doubt means.
It does not mean beyond a doubt but beyond a reasonable doubt.
I am posting a simplified version of reasonable doubt so people can understand reasonable doubt.
I borrowed this article from a friendly site and it shows how reasonable doubt comes about.

Circumstantial Evidence

Circumstantial evidence, as opposed to direct evidence, is essentially observed circumstances from which a valid conclusion can be drawn based on those observed circumstances. For example, one winter evening, just before you go to bed at night, you look out the window and see that the streets are clean.

You wake up in the morning, look out the window and see that the ground is covered with a light dusting of snow. From the observed 'circumstance' you can speculate/consider the following.

a) Someone passed by in the night with a truck full of snow and sprinkled the streets with snow

b) If you believe in snow fairies, it could have been that they passed by and covered the ground in snow.

c) It snowed during the night.

d) If you had never seen snow before, you can't figure out what happened during the night to cover the ground with all that white stuff.

Of course, the correct answer is (c). The snow on the ground is evidence, (proof) that it snowed during the night and that conclusion, based on your observations, is just as valid as it would be if you sat up during the night looking out the window and watched the snow fall.

The same applies to the "meteor" example the Dr. used. You didn't see the meteor collide with the ground but the evidence, (the crater it created) left behind is valid circumstantial evidence, (proof) that a meteor landed at that spot at some time before you observed the crater.

That's kind of awkwardly written. Hope it makes the point.

Great explanation of circumstantial evidence.

So for those who think that "beyond a reasonable doubt" means "beyond any possible doubt", that is like saying (in this example):

"I can't say for sure that it snowed during the night, I did not see it, so maybe answer (a) actually happened (someone passed by in the night with a truck full of snow and sprinkled the streets with snow)"

Could someone get a truck and fill it with snow? Yes, that is not impossible
Could someone drive the truck to your street and sprinkle that snow around evenly? Yes, that is not impossible

However, absent some strong, logical evidence to support the "truck with snow" theory; most intelligent people would come to the conclusion beyond a REASONABLE doubt that there is snow on the ground because it snowed during the night. Is this conclusion beyond ANY doubt? No, it is not, because the truck with snow scenario is not absolutely impossible. But the conclusion can be reached beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the standard required to reach a guilty verdict.

(So in the Arias case, the fact that Jodi made up a story that is not impossible does not mean the evidence does not show beyond a reasonable doubt that this murder was premeditated
Thanks

Just a head's up...wild tweeted around 10 EST:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Tip: Our live stream page gets extreme traffic and can be slow to load around trial time. Load it up now and wait. :) http://goo.gl/KlX2V

I just tried to upload and they are not broadcasting yet. I'm sure all feeds will be busy these next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230