State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that Jodi found out Travis had been dating Lisa Andrews "a few days" before she left Yrecka? That's what Jodi told Nurmi on Day 29. But I thought Jodi had walked in on Travia and Lisa at his house in the kitchen?

Yes I think she wanted Travis more than anything. I don't know why though. I know her previous bfs didn't hold a candle to Travis. I don't think MM was very successful. Brewer although I'm not sure about his financial status is much older than JA and you know JA cares a lot about looks, age etc.

Travis was the first man she met that really had it all. I don't know what JA would have done had she met a man more good-looking than Travis, richer and who actually wanted JA. Would she have left Travis? I don't know. I do know that she wanted Travis more than anything else in her miserable life.

Another thing. I've heard some THs say that JA left everything to move to Mesa. JA didn't really have much of a life to sacrifice and leave. She didn't have many friends, no stable job, no conscience, no nothing. She picked up and left for Mesa to suck up the life and resources of Travis and others.

I think part of it may have been just an intense animal attraction, for lack of a better phrase. He seemed to be obsessed with her sexually, at least in the beginning. And she was obviously obsessed with him, to the nth degree.

I had a boyfriend like this before I met my husband. He wasn't even good looking, I just had intense feelings for him. We didn't get along very well, we were like oil and water, but we felt a magnetic attraction for each other, almost uncontrollable. Never felt anything like it before or after.

I think part of it may have been just an intense animal attraction, for lack of a better phrase. He seemed to be obsessed with her sexually, at least in the beginning. And she was obviously obsessed with him, to the nth degree.

I had a boyfriend like this before I met my husband. He wasn't even good looking, I just had intense feelings for him. We didn't get along very well, we were like oil and water, but we felt a magnetic attraction for each other, almost uncontrollable. Never felt anything like it before or after.

I'm telling Mark.

Dangit, why back-to-back meetings all morning!?!?

Arrggghhhhh. Guess I will have to follow the media thread and hope wenwe is transcribing.

Morning Everyone!

Seems like it has been an exciting weekend on the boards. I don't watch HLN or even Nancy Grace much. I feel badly for the Hughes though. I am not sure what I would personally do in their situation regarding TA and JA. Honestly, though, I do not find their conversation with TA in behind closed doors rude, but I do find eavesdropping rude, not once but twice.

I am not sure how to feel about the news about surrebutal, but am glad that Juan is getting the chance to bring someone in to again dispute the dt witness. I am sure that Juan has a reason to need another witness.

Disappointed that someone posted a lesser charge of manslaughter will be given in jury instructions. The murder/overkill seems so much more than manslaughter and seem like it shouldn't even be a part of the instructions.

However, I do think the Judge is making sure that there are no grounds for appeal and the jury's verdict will stand whatever it is. I am with others in hoping that if it is not M1 it is a hung jury. It just doesn't seem right to be anything less and if need be a second trial to make sure that happens.

I have been rewatching snippets of the trail, especially the part about the magazines someone posted the links to upthread. I remember thinking at the time of orginial viewing that she is just crazy to think anyone would believe that she had nothing to do with the words in them, but of course they were her's. Everyone is out to get poor Jodi, aka..the victim. Its how she wants to portray herself and it just DOES NOT WORK. And she doesn't realize it. Honestly, she thinks she is doing great.

I can't imagine that this new dr for the DT will help them. There are a lot of things in life that are possible...but most of them are not probable.

From the jury questions we have heard...I just don't believe that they don't have a lot of common sense among them to know that. And to know that the defense has not proven self defense in order to receive the lighter sentence. I do believe that JM has done a great job and honestly have faith that closing arguments will be really really interesting.

I am off Friday so hoping to see JM final say before it is turned over to the jury. I am also hoping for a short but fruitful deliberations.

I will be back this evening after work. Thanks to all for keeping us all updated throughout the threads!

K

That is how the prosecution felt in the Robert Durst case, they had nothing but murder 1. The jury felt they had no choice but outright acquittal because the pros didn't prove premeditation. That he cut up the body and hid it didn't mean he premeditated the death and the defense was superb.

Almost all the jurors talked to would have voted for a manslaughter or some murder 2. The prosecution gambled and he is a free man.

imo i would have acquitted too.

I'm rewatching Jodi under direct and she said she doesn't remember much about taking the shower photos. Why would that be? It should have still been a happy time. I guess she was fuzzy about when the fog rolled in.

Its also obvious how hard she tries to sound intelligent yet the low class gutter language is what comes naturally for her. It almost seems that Nurmi has been trying to outdo her to make it less obvious. She is a gutter snipe IMOO.

Did you happen to hear the juror's questions? One of them asked her if Travis was seated in the shower during the full face picture, and she thought about it briefly, and then answered, Yes. That picture was taken just seconds before the first accidental photo of the ceiling. That answers the question as to where Travis was when she first stabbed him. He was absolutely sitting down, and at his most vulnerable.

-Thank you for that! One thing that caught my eye is that the robbery to Grandpa's house occured around 3:30 pm - this is a very odd time for a robbery - well maybe not a "robbery" but a real robbery - who robs someone in the middle of the afternoon usually?
-Also interesting all the calls Jodi was attempting to make to Travis
-Do you know was the time when Enrique stopped by the house, and also the time 3-4pm when Zach stopped home....do you know were these normal times they would come home as part of their normal routines?

BBM

Great point that I hadn't thought of. To answer your question, someone who lives there and doesn't risk getting caught because she's the only one home.

Oh...he's dreammmmmmy.....​
:floorlaugh:

attorney.jpg

He is easy on the eyes, that's for sure. But am I the only one who thinks he looks ORANGE? I cant stand that. Im all for tanning, but I dont think its normal to look like an oompa loompa.

JMO

I knew this would happen. I have so much food at home today but no appetite. I tried to eat a bowl of rice and feel like throwing up. I'm so anxious...

Travis, Justice is coming soon, beautiful boy.

That brought tears to my eyes. The ending is so close, it makes it feel even more real and more raw.

It's been said that Travis knew something really bad Jodi had done.
Chris Hues who has read all of Travis' e-mails says if he had not threatned to expose her Travis would still be here.

He threatened to expose her shortly before the gun was stolen. He said if people knew what he knew they would spit in her face. He wouldn't be talking about their sexcapades becuase he was doing it with her. It was something else and it had to have been very bad.

What if Jodi is the one who is a pedophile? She flips everything good onto herself and bad onto others. Note, she has a defense attorney who defends pedophiles who she flipped out about when he wanted to leave her and refused to release him.

She had two siblings in diapers when she was old enough to "kick" a dog who got in the trash. Then DB had a young son... It just hit me yesterday after listening to Chris and then Sky. What if it was Jodi who was a pedophile with a past and she confessed it to Travis in trying to convince him how serious about converting to his religion she was.

If not, what if she has hurt someone else?

Travis was very forgiving, he believed his religion could change people and he was all for forgiveness for some of the most horrendous stuff ever done. He was abused, stalked, embarrassed. He forgave.

I just had to get it out there. There it's out. Chris wishes he knew what it was becuase he feels it played a part in the death. I do too. I feel there is a lot more to Jodi's past then we know. Listen to her parents and how people called them telling them they needed to get Jodi help.

Jodi has done far more then we know but Travis knew. That had to scare Jodi, especially since she knew he was not going to marry her. He was a person out of her control knowing things that could take her down. Her "reputation" meant so darn much to her.

He's definitely easy on the eyes... he needs a bit of scruff though, I'd love to see him on a sunday morning, 3 days without a shave, shirtless, in nothing but a pair of pj pants... LMAO

i like the way you think!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

He is easy on the eyes, that's for sure. But am I the only one who thinks he looks ORANGE? I cant stand that. Im all for tanning, but I dont think its normal to look like an oompa loompa.

JMO

:floorlaugh:

As long as Mr. Nurmi can refrain from hovering over the word a-n-a-l repeatedly (I always feel like I ought not to be seeing him say that word for some reason), I'd prefer him to the giggly JW. That being said, I really like her costume changes.

This may sound weird ,but for some reason ,the way he says
Okayyy really skeeves me out...

I'm generally interested in her observations but I agree with on the above. She also needs to stop insulting Mark Eiglarsh - it's not going over we'll.

I hate to say anything negative about JD because I really like her and I agree with most of what she says, but I was disappointed to hear her say that last night. I think it's kind of hard to detect what JSS thinks or which side she leans. Janine is a body language and the judges "body" is hidden behind the bench for the most part. I respect JD's opinion, but I don't agree with it and, IMO, I think she should have voiced it after the trial is over. I don't know that the jurors are "remembering the admonitions" and for all I know one of them could have been watching DD last night and may give a thought to what she said. :twocents:

I think JSS is doing the best she can, considering it's a DP case. I do NOT want this thing coming back around in a few years. The Alexander family has been through enough to last a lifetime, lord knows they don't need a repeat of this.

If JM found evidence that MM was perjuring/would perjure himself, that's not threatening, imo. JM has the right/duty to let the witness know what penalties for perjury are, and press charges if need be.

all this stuff about MM and an appeal based on that is crap. the DT caved on the letters and agreed not to use them. they were fake and i believe at least ONE of the defense attorneys----victoria washington---knew they were fake and withdrew from the case before she got in trouble over them. this was discussed way earlier in the trial and one of the lawyers thought that too. the letters, MM and whatever JM said to him, etc., are not issues, IMO.

from a post above~"Thank you for that! One thing that caught my eye is that the robbery to Grandpa's house occured around 3:30 pm - this is a very odd time for a robbery - well maybe not a "robbery" but a real robbery - who robs someone in the middle of the afternoon usually?"

excellent point! never thought of it that way. Also, I remember JA had her alibi all ready to go regarding this "robbery"..."no, not me, I was with my sister at the blah blah blah"

I was watching my cat terrorize a lizard last night. Freddie wasn't in need of sustenance. Just the thrill of the chase.

Then, it occurred to me this is EXACTLY what Jodi did to Travis. Ultimately, she didn't really want Travis. It was the thrill of the chase. The goal was not to play house with him, taking on the role of marriage. It was to have what he had without doing the work it would require to build her own cache.

In all of Jodi's relationships, the person was not the prize, but the STUFF they could provide.

For some women, one I have known in particular, it's the thrill of getting them to "love" them, to drop their rules for them, to have control over them emotionally. If not commit to marriage, then commit to "baby, I can't NOT have you in my life, even if I marry/am married to someone else." That's what gets them excited. Once the man is won over in that way, they hold onto them coolly, and look for their next one. They collect men. My mother was one of these women and it was painful for my sister and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82