State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sitting here wondering who on the defense team will take the lead. As much as I dislike JW's toddleresque antics, Nurmi puts me to sleep. IMO - we have much more of a chance of sticking to the judge's timeline if Nurmi stays in his reclining position and JW takes the lead.

Good morning all :seeya:

Respectfully snipped

3. Many of the jurors express they now have PTSD.... I never even considered that this may happen to them. Some said that they still have nightmares, flashbacks, and even psychical pain since the trial.

Respectfully snipped

Snoopy1, I am curious. What did they attribute their PTSD to--the evidence of the murder (photos etc) or the decision for DP. tia

From the book:

"Their story is filled with twists and turns that not even a Hollywood scriptwriter could have created. Three of their colleagues on the panel were dismissed, including a foreman who was a doctor and a lawyer. Those who remained became prisoners of the judicial system they were trying to serve. It was as if they were criminals themselves. A bailiff constantly monitored their movements in the jury box to see if they were taking too many notes or too few, or whether they were dozing. During deliberations, they were driven to and from the courthouse in a sheriff's van filled with shackles for prisoners. They lived the kind of judicial version of solitary confinement. They were unable to speak to anyone about the trial, even family,"

They also state that the photos and the details of the case where hard to handle. The fact that Laci was the All American girl next door, she was pregnant, she disappeared Christmas Eve, the "seductive" girlfriend, Amber Fry, her husband being the offender, the exhaustion from the deliberations, etc.

I still believe the DT is stalking each juror on these days off. Let's hope nothing was found to warrant any more dismissals.

I'm generally interested in her observations but I agree with on the above. She also needs to stop insulting Mark Eiglarsh - it's not going over we'll.

I think the people on TV have as much right as anyone else to have an opinion. I may not always agree, but I do respect their right, and ours, to have an opinion. Didn't hear her insult Mark E, but I didn't listen to the entire show.

Word in twitterland is the Judge has not yet made a decision on Dr. Hayes testifying for PT after Geffner shovels his bs.

:seeya: Can you please tell me about Dr. Hayes ? Thanks !!!

Sorry I missed this but been away a few days !

Thanks !

Surely there must be one juror who believes, as I do, that waiting for the "right" moment WAS part of the plan and thus part and parcel of the premedition. The fact that she didn't kill him the moment she got there means nothing to me in terms of premeditation of the crime.

BBM: Eggs-actly! What better way to put a guy "off guard" than to sc**w his brains out? Just another step in her plot to exact revenge on Travis for not realizing that he had "won the wife lottery".

I have visions of her having an evil smile on her evil face as she hacked away at him. And you just know she was screaming horrible things at him, too. No way someone would do all that she did in silence.

The Bible says, "Satan is the father of the lie." Meet his daughter, Jodi Arias. :stormingmad:

Quick question: If you believe Murder 1, yet everyone else on the jury wanted Murder 2, would you hang this jury, or would you agree to Murder 2??

I would hate it, but I do believe I'd hang it. I would be worried about her getting out in a few years and possibly doing something like this again, putting that responsibility on me to a degree. I would feel pained for TA's family and the taxpayers of AZ but I think I'd dig in my heels and hope the next jury gets it right. JMO At least I hope I'd be strong enough to do it.

Updates on the court observer thread , w pics, for some big projects w lodging etc we accomplished for the Alexander family for this week. Still a slight chance I might get in the courtroom or the victim room to watch the next 3 days..I'll be down there though the whole time. Justice is coming!

Yes, your lips to God's ears.

Quick question: If you believe Murder 1, yet everyone else on the jury wanted Murder 2, would you hang this jury, or would you agree to Murder 2??

I would use my powers of logic and reason to change their minds and show them the truth.

Or conversely, they could show me, using the same tactics. A quest for truth should result in a unanimous decision. There is only one objective truth revealed by the evidence.

If some can't see it , it is up to those who do to show/explain/convince...and whatever reasons they may have for disagreeing need to be analyzed and placed in proper perspective next to the evidence.

There is just too much evidence of premeditation, which is the only hurdle that has to be cleared for 1st degree.

I am confident I could persuade anyone of it.

So I'm sitting here wondering who on the defense team will take the lead. As much as I dislike JW's toddleresque antics, Nurmi puts me to sleep. IMO - we have much more of a chance of sticking to the judge's timeline if Nurmi stays in his reclining position and JW takes the lead.

As long as Mr. Nurmi can refrain from hovering over the word a-n-a-l repeatedly (I always feel like I ought not to be seeing him say that word for some reason), I'd prefer him to the giggly JW. That being said, I really like her costume changes.

I respectfully disagree. I think she wanted Travis more than any stuff in the world. She was obsessed.

Yes I think she wanted Travis more than anything. I don't know why though. I know her previous bfs didn't hold a candle to Travis. I don't think MM was very successful. Brewer although I'm not sure about his financial status is much older than JA and you know JA cares a lot about looks, age etc.

Travis was the first man she met that really had it all. I don't know what JA would have done had she met a man more good-looking than Travis, richer and who actually wanted JA. Would she have left Travis? I don't know. I do know that she wanted Travis more than anything else in her miserable life.

Another thing. I've heard some THs say that JA left everything to move to Mesa. JA didn't really have much of a life to sacrifice and leave. She didn't have many friends, no stable job, no conscience, no nothing. She picked up and left for Mesa to suck up the life and resources of Travis and others.

And I'm betting that when the verdict is announced, JA is going to go all "Ted Bundy" on us (remember his horrific face in court?!) and watch out!

i was a teenager here in orlando during his trial here
yeah, we all were mesmerized and really - when he did that during the verdict, we were all - wow... he really DID do those brutal killings

I would hate it, but I do believe I'd hang it. I would be worried about her getting out in a few years and possibly doing something like this again, putting that responsibility on me to a degree. I would feel pained for TA's family and the taxpayers or AZ but I think I'd dig in my heels and hope the next jury gets it right. JMO At least I hope I'd be strong enough to do it.

I would stick to my guns. If I truly believe something I do it. For example, I wrote every Senator years ago about a certain person sponsored by the USPS riding in France and how much a disgrace it was to sponsor someone for that kind of money in a country that didn't even support the US at the time. Not to mention the other thingy.

I agree...NO WAY POSSIBLE. She is the judge, and I think she has been fair. Also, she's been watching the same trial we have, she's been in the courtroom, and furthermore she has ALL of the back story that no one else has. There is no way she is going to believe Jodi's side of the story. I think in any case she would rule by the law.

I agree with you. Plus, if you listen to the way she reads the jurors questions, she actually puts the emphasis on the jury's sarcasm. At least I take it that way.

Disagree. If the prosecutor threatened him, that will be a primary basis of the appeal.

If JM found evidence that MM was perjuring/would perjure himself, that's not threatening, imo. JM has the right/duty to let the witness know what penalties for perjury are, and press charges if need be.

:floorlaugh: I tell ya, what a choice -- lol !

JMO but whoever does the Closing, it will be boring and full of :liar:

LOL ... "and you can mark my words on that."

:seeya:

Oh yeah!!! :rockon:

Just don't tell my husband!

Oh...he's dreammmmmmy.....​
:floorlaugh:

attorney.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics