State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was interesting last night that Sky said after reading through all of TA and JA's emails, even they don't know what started the fight on May 26th. Maybe no one but JA an TA know. I've always been sooo curious what JA did that put Travis over the edge.

She didn't want anyone to know about what she did. Now the whole world knows that she is a snoop, a stalker and most importantly a savage murderer.

JA worried about her reputation? What a freakin' joke.

I was just talking to my husband and was telling him about one of my workers, named Kurt. I said, "Travis was just talking to me..." Oh Jesus, now I'm even screwing up names in my real life with his!!!

I think she has already thought about her next step, and has a plan no matter what. She enjoys manipulation and believes that even if she is convicted it will be a minor setback. JA does not quit easily and seems to have a posse of people willing to assist.

No matter what, I don't think it will be the last we hear of her

I totally agree. There is no way she doens't have a back-up plan, whether based on reality or not. Otherwise during these last days how could she come to court every day smiling and talking it up with Wilmott? Even last Thursday (I think), during Dr. Horn's re-testimony she was acting distraught (my guess is b/c she knew she has to act and cry during the gruesome crime photos) - but immediately beofre and after she reverted to her lawyer-assistant mode...during DeAnna's testimony, Tesoro lady, computer expert, and Flores with the shelves - all of these were damaging to her case yet she didn't have a care in the world! Her face never showed any kind of stress during all that.
I saw some of the clip posted by another user where Juan testified during Robert Towery (death row inmate) clemency hearing - I think they said that was his 3rd or 4th attempt at clemency - first for circuit court, then appeals court, then something else, then finally the State Supreme Court. Anyway luckily they were all denied. But it just shows that she thinks she has a lot of chances, and she thinks the jury's decision won't mean anything in the end.

Someone asked yesterday about a timeline of events in May. I've put together something for that month and very detailed information for June, citing sources wherever possible. If anyone can add to this, please feel free to do so.

Unknown date May/June 2008 comment posted to JA’s Myspace page, purportedly from Travis “I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially.”4 years ago (as of 5/1/2013; watch date to see when this changes to pinpoint exact date).

5/10 Sex tape

5/10 Angry exchange of texts & IMs re: “Steve” text.

5/15 Pix of JA and sister, Angela, on Helio phone. JA light brunette with blonde highlights.

5/17 or 5/18- Helio phone “stolen”

5/19 Travis and Regan text, discuss stalking. Travis very afraid.

5/22 JA journal entry. Good news: has received new cell phone to replace missing one that was stolen; “mortified…hugely scandalous text from him (10 pages) that he sent last week…1 or 2 recorded conversations”. Also writes about “the conversation” with Travis.

5/26 Travis texts JA with explosive “sociopath” message, ending with “You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

5/27 Travis shows text of 5/26 to friend Taylor Searle, who asks him if he is afraid. JA’s journal entry (per ALV) talks of plans to see Ryan Burns.

5/28 25 caliber handgun stolen from JA’s grandparent’s home; break-in reported around 3:30 pm. Email from JA to Travis first mention of Cancun.

5/30 JA journal (per ALV) plans for following week to spend a couple of days with Ryan Burns. Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.

5/31 Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.

6/1 JA journal with long entry. Per ALV, subject is going to visit Darryl, Matt and Ryan. Entry talks about mentioning trip to Travis, who is guilting her into coming to Mesa, but JA stands ground. Per ALV, JA said she had talked to Travis on the phone on 6/1 telling him about her plans to see Ryan, however Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA on this date. ALV says text messages are conversational.

6/2
JA calls Travis 4 times from 1 am to 3 am; all calls are very brief.

Travis makes 2 back to back calls (from 3 to 4 am) to JA lasting almost one hour.

4:03 am JA calls Travis; call lasts 2 minutes 48 seconds.

8:04 am JA picks up rental car in Redding.

4:03 pm JA calls Travis

5:28 pm JA calls Travis

7:32 pm JA purchases French fries and water at McDonalds in Lodi.

8:41 pm JA purchases water at Valero corner store in Lodi.

JA spends night in Monterey with “friends”.

June 3
JA stops by DB house to pick up gas cans. Returns later that same morning with remote?

10:10 a.m. Bank deposit-$400 to account # ending 8006

10:11 a.m. Bank deposit-$300 to account # ending 7148

10:15 a.m. Bank deposit$100 to account # ending 7148

12:57 pm JA calls Travis 17 seconds

1:51 pm JA calls Travis 2 minutes 50 seconds.

2:12 pm to 2:28 pm 3 pix of JA on her “stolen” Helio phone showing JA with dark brunette hair, per Robert Brown.

3:22 pm Walmart receipt with purchase of gas can.

8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

8:31 p.m., Arias goes to a CVS pharmacy. It is not clear what she bought.

8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

8:42 pm first gas purchase at Arco in Pasedena.

June 4
4:00 am Travis’s computer shows 3 Youtube videos viewed, per Melendez.

AM- Roommate Enrique may have seen Travis for last time, per Flores report. Travis said he had conference call that night. Travis also said he did not sleep much that night, getting only 45 minutes of sleep.

AM- speculation that Travis finished putting together floor cleaning machine and moved furniture, based on interviews with both roommates (Flores report).

12:13 Travis texts Chris Hughes. Last outgoing communication on Travis’s cell phone.

1:40 pm series of naked photos, 8 in total. 2 of Travis, 6 of JA.

3 to 4 pm-roommate Zach Billings stops at home before going to work.

4:54 pm- Per Melendez, last activity on Travis’s laptop, described as login attempt. Note word attempt; does this mean login failed, implying JA attempted to login in, but was unsuccessful?

5:22:24 first shower picture of Travis.
5:29:20 Travis, facial shot
5:30:30 Travis sitting in shower, partial image, last image of him alive, uninjured
5:31:14 accidental ceiling shot
5:32:16 Travis lying on back in hallway with copious amount of blood on shoulder and floor, image of JA’s foot in foreground. 62 seconds from ceiling pix, 106 seconds from last shower pix.
5:32:32 last image with door track in foreground, Travis’s bloody shoulder.

6 to 6:30 pm roommate Enrique’s normal time for getting home from work.

9 pm roommate Zach’s reported time for coming home.

Gcharlie, this deserves more than a simple thanks. What a great post, it is my belief that a timeline similar to this is something the jury needs.:seeya:

Morning Sleuthy

Did you stop at the Sidebar this AM? Check it out.

BBM I don't know about that- We all thought the Pinellis 12 would come back murder 1 for "that thing in Florida" and all her nonsense.

Let's not bring the case that shall not be named into this.

Don't forget, she didn't spend 18 days on the stand telling the icicle story. I think that will make the difference.

Someone asked yesterday about a timeline of events in May. I've put together something for that month and very detailed information for June, citing sources wherever possible. If anyone can add to this, please feel free to do so.

Unknown date May/June 2008 comment posted to JA’s Myspace page, purportedly from Travis “I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially.”4 years ago (as of 5/1/2013; watch date to see when this changes to pinpoint exact date).

5/10 Sex tape

5/15 Pix of JA and sister, Angela, on Helio phone. JA light brunette with blonde highlights.

5/22 JA journal entry. Good news: has received new cell phone to replace missing one that was stolen; “mortified…hugely scandalous text from him (10 pages) that he sent last week…1 or 2 recorded conversations”. Also writes about “the conversation” with Travis.

5/26 Travis texts JA with explosive “sociopath” message, ending with “You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

5/27 Travis shows text of 5/26 to friend Taylor Searle, who asks him if he is afraid. JA’s journal entry (per ALV) talks of plans to see Ryan Burns.

5/28 25 caliber handgun stolen from JA’s grandparent’s home; break-in reported around 3:30 pm. Email from JA to Travis first mention of Cancun.

5/30 JA journal (per ALV) plans for following week to spend a couple of days with Ryan Burns. Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.

6/1 JA journal with long entry. Per ALV, subject is going to visit Darryl, Matt and Ryan. Entry talks about mentioning trip to Travis, who is guilting her into coming to Mesa, but JA stands ground. Per ALV, JA said she had talked to Travis on the phone on 6/1 telling him about her plans to see Ryan, however Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA on this date. ALV says text messages are conversational.

6/2

Travis makes 2 back to back calls (from 3 to 4 am) to JA lasting almost one hour.

June 3
JA stops by DB house to pick up gas cans. Returns later that same morning with remote?

2:12 pm to 2:28 pm 3 pix of JA on her “stolen” Helio phone showing JA with dark brunette hair, per Robert Brown.

June 4

AM- Roommate Enrique may have seen Travis for last time, per Flores report. Travis said he had conference call that night. Travis also said he did not sleep much that night, getting only 45 minutes of sleep.

AM- speculation that Travis finished putting together floor cleaning machine and moved furniture, based on interviews with both roommates (Flores report).

12:13 Travis texts Chris Hughes. Last outgoing communication on Travis’s cell phone.

4:54 pm- Per Melendez, last activity on Travis’s laptop, described as login attempt. Note word attempt; does this mean login failed, implying JA attempted to login in, but was unsuccessful?

5:30:30 Travis sitting in shower, partial image, last image of him alive, uninjured
5:32:16 Travis lying on back in hallway with copious amount of blood on shoulder and floor, image of JA’s foot in foreground. 62 seconds from ceiling pix, 106 seconds from last shower pix.

Premeditated all the way. Murder one verdict please jury.

I'm rewatching Jodi under direct and she said she doesn't remember much about taking the shower photos. Why would that be? It should have still been a happy time. I guess she was fuzzy about when the fog rolled in.

Its also obvious how hard she tries to sound intelligent yet the low class gutter language is what comes naturally for her. It almost seems that Nurmi has been trying to outdo her to make it less obvious. She is a gutter snipe IMOO.

I have no respect for any TH who implies a Judge is biased one way or the other in a DP case. JSS is doing her job, she has ruled in a way that will make it near impossible for the DT in this case to have a guilty verdict overturned on appeal. Who here wants a redo of this case?

Janine should stick to telling stories about herself - she's good at that.

I'm generally interested in her observations but I agree with on the above. She also needs to stop insulting Mark Eiglarsh - it's not going over we'll.

I agree...NO WAY POSSIBLE. She is the judge, and I think she has been fair. Also, she's been watching the same trial we have, she's been in the courtroom, and furthermore she has ALL of the back story that no one else has. There is no way she is going to believe Jodi's side of the story. I think in any case she would rule by the law.

I agree! I think JSS is very professional and has been very fair. And, if anything, I would say she finds JA incredulous as opposed to being on her side. I say this because of the tone she used when reading the jury questions to JA. Just a little hint of this in her inflection and tone when she was reading some of the questions.

I hope also the lack of remorse in the penalty phase is accentuated by her 'twitter' account.

If that doesn't say it all I don't know what does.

K

I tip my hat to you! No doubt!

I guess Ive never (obviously) given to much thought of how the jurors FEEL (you know, like their inner turmoil) about the options they have and having to decide between something like that.

Im the type that once I make up my mind, that's it, no changing it. I guess I'm kind of a hard a$$. :blushing:

That's a good thing!! I wish I was more like you. I'm ultra sensitive. Stuff really really affects me. It kinda sucks. :)

I'm generally interested in her observations but I agree with on the above. She also needs to stop insulting Mark Eiglarsh - it's not going over we'll.

Who could insult Mark?? He's heavenly!!

Hopefully he can clear this up with illustrating her necessity of the roommates absence in order to commit the crime.

She stuck around and toyed with her victim before she slaughtered him, make no doubt about it.

IMO

I was watching my cat terrorize a lizard last night. Freddie wasn't in need of sustenance. Just the thrill of the chase.

Then, it occurred to me this is EXACTLY what Jodi did to Travis. Ultimately, she didn't really want Travis. It was the thrill of the chase. The goal was not to play house with him, taking on the role of marriage. It was to have what he had without doing the work it would require to build her own cache.

In all of Jodi's relationships, the person was not the prize, but the STUFF they could provide.

:yourock: Great accurate timeline! Kudos for this timeline in a whole piece instead of chunks here and there.

I really want to know what they talked about between 3-4am the early morning hours before Jodi left Yreka.

5/10 Sex tape

6/2

June 3

June 4

Let's not bring the case that shall not be named into this.

Don't forget, she didn't spend 18 days on the stand telling the icicle story. I think that will make the difference.

You make me laugh. :giggle:

I was watching my cat terrorize a lizard last night. Freddie wasn't in need of sustenance. Just the thrill of the chase.

Then, it occurred to me this is EXACTLY what Jodi did to Travis. Ultimately, she didn't really want Travis. It was the thrill of the chase. The goal was not to play house with him, taking on the role of marriage. It was to have what he had without doing the work it would require to build her own cache.

In all of Jodi's relationships, the person was not the prize, but the STUFF they could provide.

I respectfully disagree. I think she wanted Travis more than any stuff in the world. She was obsessed.

So... who didn't sleep last night (raises hand)
Who hopes Jodi is shaking in her cell like a Chihuahua (raises hand)

It's getting close, I hope she is thinking about that lonely cell on death row. Where she can't have everyone on the pod loving her up becuase there is no pod. There is no trial to smirk and flip people off at. There is nothing, nothing but a ticking clock...... and denials to her appeals.

I'm so ready for this. :)

Morning Everyone!

Seems like it has been an exciting weekend on the boards. I don't watch HLN or even Nancy Grace much. I feel badly for the Hughes though. I am not sure what I would personally do in their situation regarding TA and JA. Honestly, though, I do not find their conversation with TA in behind closed doors rude, but I do find eavesdropping rude, not once but twice.

BBM
Snipped by me.

I have assumed from the beginning that Jodi faked being sleepy, and went to bed before everyone else. She wanted Travis to come to bed so she could have him all to herself. (just like the video of her ?sleeping? on Travis' lap) I loved it when the guy narrating the tape said "Jodi got bored" and sat up. This was yet another time she wanted him to ignore his friends and pay attention only to her. But, back to my point......Jodi probably claimed she was dead tired from her drive, and went to bed. It was probably still fairly early for Travis, since he was a night owl, so the three of them were talking and having a great time. Then, the subject turned to Jodi, and the Huges' told Travis how they really felt about her. It turned out to be a good opportunity to get things off their chests. They did not want Jodi around their children, and they had every right to tell Travis not to bring her back. It's their house, they can decide who is invited in, and who isn't. Jodi wasn't meant to overhear the conversation, and if she wasn't so psycho, she wouldn't have heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie