State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was funny when Dr. Horn was asked if all the people he examined with gun shots to the head were dead, and he said something like, " I hope so." I think the juror forgot that he was the medical examiner. He conducts autopsies.

I hate to split hairs over something so inconsequential, but your example would be a transcription error ... (or an error in speech). It is not a "typo".

Dr H called it a typo.

ok, it's so late and we're all so tired, but just have to ask this....it's about the pesky tiger/bear question...the way I took that question, when first asked by a juror, is as follows-we know JA was lying about what actually happened at that time of that test, but I thought the juror meant that, even the real story (her being the murderer) was a traumatic event for her, and that juror was perhaps thinking she did in fact experience a traumatic event, thus her PTSD (bear=ninja story, tiger= her being murderer)....did I get it wrong?

It's my hope that the jurors will view the typo as I do. I think Dr Horn's detailed information and recall about the lack of hemorrhaging (no heartbeat) would matter much more than an incorrectly checked box on a form which I assume is very lengthy.

I agree. I don't think with ALL the "errors" in this trial from other witnesses, it will matter all that much.
Although I was thinking the issue was: yes, the dura matter had a hole in it, but was intact - as far as not liquefied (yuck. typing that word makes me ill).
But if that was NOT the case, I am glad he was honest and just said it was a typo.

Dr. Horn is supposed to read the transcribed report, check for accuracy and then sign it. IMO, he was sloppy.

IMO, it would have been better to have the person who did not type up the report EDIT it.

When you read your own work, it is easy to overlook mistakes. In work and school, when I have to write up something of importance, I get a 2nd pair of eyes to edit. Especially if it is something I have read over and over and over again....way to easy to overlook something. I think this could be the issue here....

We really do not know the details of this report...the whos and whens and whys...

But at this point, I think it is such a minute issue.....

Just so unhappy with ME. Can't even spell it out, but sloppy and left me with a bad taste.

Please, God, let the jurors see the truth beyond the ME error.

I think that juror asked that specific question because Ms. Willmott asked Dr. Horn if everything in his report was correct - seeing that it was a set up question it seems the juror intended to take that wind out of her closing argument sail. lol

Hey guys, were the juror questions today good, bad, in the middle? What were they like? I'm starting to feel anxiety.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A GOPHER!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I cannot get that out of my head! It was a perfect way to drive the issue home for once and for all!

I reiterate :how is Jodiann getting back to her pod? The bus must have left a long time ago. And how will she get up @ 4am for her next bus ride? Geeze

Maybe they will just throw a blankie and a pillow (airline variety) into her courtroom holding cell and she can have a sleepover.

Just so unhappy with ME. Can't even spell it out, but sloppy and left me with a bad taste.

Please, God, let the jurors see the truth beyond the ME error.

Why are you unhappy? JM didn't catch it, nor did JW. If JW did catch it she knew it was wrong and planned to use it in closing. It will be up to the jury to decide whether they feel he was shot first or last. With the jury viewing pictures of his skull opened up I don't think it left much of a doubt that the bullet entered the brain.

BBM Yes. Last week she stated jury instructions first on Thursday, then closing arguments would begin.

The poor jurors...those instructions are going be tedious, so on top of no sleep they then have to process that...egads. They deserve combat pay!:rockon:

I knew she put her foot down this time. And, Dr. Hayes was simply amazing. I wish we can have an encore with her and JW.

:takeabow: :skip: :skip:

It's OVER .. well done everybody .. man that was a LOOOOOONG day .. well done JSS I didn't think you'd do it :)

Why are you unhappy? JM didn't catch it, nor did JW. If JW did catch it she knew it was wrong and planned to use it in closing. It will be up to the jury to decide whether they feel he was shot first or last. With the jury viewing pictures of his skull opened up I don't think it left much of a doubt that the bullet entered the brain.

Oh wow, they got to see that?

We are going to move one more time tonight to a clean, fresh thread and this one will close in 5 minutes...

State rests rebuttal case - thread #170 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thsneakingsmiley_zps83a2e2b7.gif

I thought it was funny when Dr. Horn was asked if all the people he examined with gun shots to the head were dead, and he said something like, " I hope so." I think the juror forgot that he was the medical examiner. He conducts autopsies.

How did I miss that???:floorlaugh:

I pray that 48Hours doesn't do one of those follow-up shows...you know, when they interview the accused as they await the verdict...or right after the verdict is rendered. I don't EVER want to hear her voice again!!!

Me either but I DO HOPE someone does a show with all 18 jurors..
what they thought about facts..
Why couple bumped off etc

I'd love to see what our juanderful jury looks like & hear their POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads