State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, it does not change the fact that if Travis was shot first, he would be incapacitated and no defensive wounds from fighting Jodi off. moo

This is strange. True that there is no way a bullet could have penetrated the slightest amount of brain tissue if the dura mater remained intact. Either this is true and injury was more of a concussive type or the autopsy report was incorrectly transcribed and the error not noticed. I have read a significant number of medical reports (not autopsies) and surgical reports and often find wording that could not be accurate and is never caught by the doctor who signs the report. Sloppy work or just overworked.

FYI- dr Horn just starting on HLN for those who haven't seen yet

For me, I don't see the purpose of today's witnesses except to throw more
confusion out there. But I have to be confident that the jury has sorted things out in their individual minds and know what to keep and what to through out and will use their common sense when sifting through all
the evidence.
On another note I feel like I've been anticipating a much important wedding
and am excited looking forward to tomorrow.
I will pray that the Alexander family finally get what they need to put this awful part behind and remember their brother as the great man that he was.​

So sorry, mck16. :(

petsympathy.jpg

Thank you so much Sleuth. He was a Toy Fox Terrier and we did have lots of fun and 13 years of memories.

In order for there to have been a typo or transcription error in the ME's report, it would also have to be true that the falx cerebri was not intact since they are treated the same in the same sentence. "The dura matter and the falx cerebri are intact."

The falx cerebri separates the two parts of the frontal lobe at the midline.

http://www.anatomyatlases.org/HumanAnatomy/1Section/14.shtml

Not sure what to make of that, but damage to that part of the brain seems inconsistent with a diagonal shot that is explained by the ME to have necessarily passed through at least a part of the frontal lobe because the frontal lobe is right up against the skull at the point of bullet entry. Seems to me that damage to the falx cerebri would require a more horizontal shot rather than one the passes in a diagonal trajectory through the sinus cavity. jmo

Wishful thinking on your part.

He actually testified that the gunshot wound was almost certainly _not_ immediately incapacitating, directly contradicting the ME's testimony.

I'm not wishful thinking, and I'd kindly ask you not to characterize my thinking, thanks. And this question was asked of Dr. Horn. I don't see him changing his opinions or testimony in regards to that question.

Well I liked the defense witness .... He was far less combative than ALV. He gave the prosecution everything needed to erase any memory of the fog....and every other expert the defense put up!

I liked him:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to re-watch his testimony. I completely missed him spilling the water twice. I took breaks at the wrong time I guess.

I think the point was Dr Horn said all the head gun shot victims he'd seen in his practice had been incapacitated immediately, if not dead. JW argued that research has shown some have remained ambulatory. Dr Horn said he doesn't base his opinion on research. He bases it on his patients. .... So I think the juror was challenging his logic, saying "but all your patients are dead so how do you know others haven't remained ambulatory?". That subset of patients may end up in hospitals, in rehab, with brain damage, whatever... But not dead, therefore not one of dr horn's patients.

I think the question was kind of made into a joke by Dr Horn, not his fault, the juror could've expounded on his/her point a little better. But still a good point made by the juror. I find all the juror questions very impressive. Gives me great hope for ths jury.

It is a good point.

But I also think Juan and the ME should clarify what they mean by immediately incapacitating. People have been shot in the head and lived to tell about it. Some have been shot in the head and have been able to get up and walk around. But they are also going to be disoriented, in severe pain, they are going to have blood gushing out of their nose and maybe their mouth like a geyser. Could Travis really have done all the things Jodi says he did after a bullet has pierced through his brain? Is he going to just keep coming and coming? Would Jodi really not be able to tell that Travis was shot since he would be bleeding everywhere? Maybe it WOULD impair his ability to defend himself against a knife attack...

I will say it gives me some hope that there are some people here, actually A LOT, who believe the gun shot did come first but still think Jodi premeditated the murder and would still give her murder one. So hopefully even if that or those jurors are skeptical, (I might be too, the ME sounds too sure of this and there is a small possibility he may be wrong) that in the end they come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter because Jodi planned the murder and Travis suffered.

Surely the jury has enough confidence in Dr Horn to believe he knows the bullet would penetrate the brain based on the bullet entry and his experience.
Who knows the anatomy and placement of the head and brain better than a medical examiner? Not Dr G

In order for there to have been a typo or transcription error in the ME's report, it would also have to be true that the falx cerebri was not intact since they are treated the same in the same sentence. "The dura matter and the falx cerebri are intact."

The falx cerebri separates the two parts of the frontal lobe at the midline.

http://www.anatomyatlases.org/HumanAnatomy/1Section/14.shtml

Not sure what to make of that, but damage to that part of the brain seems inconsistent with a diagonal shot that is explained by the ME to have necessarily passed through at least a part of the frontal lobe because the frontal lobe is right up against the skull at the point of bullet entry. Seems to me that damage to the falx cerebri would require a more horizontal shot rather than one the passes in a diagonal trajectory through the sinus cavity. jmo

I'll trust the dude that held the skull, cut it open and actually looked inside and examined his brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It kind of sounds like they are making up their own diagnosis and that's dangerous.

I don't think it's awfully dangerous. If you know more than the average person about some mental condition but you could be a bit one sided? Common sense will either be plentiful or lacking in the final decision. Somehow, I don't see it happening. The explanations were very broad and informational to a point.

My first instance with any kind of odd behaviour/outburst was alarming. Over the years, you read & you put it together or you experience similar to compare it to. To understand the level presented (except Dr. D's she understands) you could be arguing for another 100 years without helping those inflicted with their 35 year old theories. Out with the old and in with the new. You keep on top of it, with the jurors they can take what they might have experienced and help that to make their guilty vote. jmo

I think the point was Dr Horn said all the head gun shot victims he'd seen in his practice had been incapacitated immediately, if not dead. JW argued that research has shown some have remained ambulatory. Dr Horn said he doesn't base his opinion on research. He bases it on his patients. .... So I think the juror was challenging his logic, saying "but all your patients are dead so how do you know others haven't remained ambulatory?". That subset of patients may end up in hospitals, in rehab, with brain damage, whatever... But not dead, therefore not one of dr horn's patients.

I think the question was kind of made into a joke by Dr Horn, not his fault, the juror could've expounded on his/her point a little better.
But still a good point made by the juror. I find all the juror questions very impressive. Gives me great hope for ths jury.
Bingo! I think you are exactly right!!! You stated it so much more eloquently than I could.:rockon::drumroll:

I've said before and will say it again.

You can still be alive but brain dead,
but you can't be heart dead and brain alive. Capish? lol.

I think the question was kind of made into a joke by Dr Horn, not his fault, the juror could've expounded on his/her point a little better. But still a good point made by the juror. I find all the juror questions very impressive. Gives me great hope for ths jury.

Who is the lady with salt and pepper hair and dark framed glasses that was sitting behind Samantha today? She has been present almost everyday of the trial if not everyday. Thanks

Has there been any word on when the final jurors will be picked?

Some things I'm looking forward to...a guilty of first degree murder charge, JA having to wear her prison uniform to all further court proceedings once she is found guilty and the speech JSS gives the murderess when she is sent to live in her tiny cell waiting for them to kill her.

JUSTICE for Travis and his family and friends!!

Yes, her tiny cell, LolaBaby. Thanks for reminding us about that tiny cell -- the one that is smaller than TA's closet... You know, the closet with the magically-loaded tiny pistol.....
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members