State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be done by simply hitting redial, this will cause the phone to go offhook and dial the previous number. It is possible for the called party to terminate the call, however the calling party (home phone) would eventually disconnect and reorder tone would be played. I don't know what the disconnect cause code would indicate for the home phone. So it is possible to do this with a mechanical device by depressing the redial button.

Believe it or not, I have a Vtech phone in my lap (I set it down to type). I have no idea if it is the same model, but it is a Vtech 5.8ghz phone. When I hit redial on it (redial is the bottom right key on the phone) and then hit redial again, the phone beeps at me. It does not dial the number. I have to hit the Talk button before it will dial the call. When I hit redial, the screen says "Redial" and the number it is to dial. But it will not dial by hitting it twice.

ETA: Model number is CS5111 (I found it on the base).

Her affidavit says she is positive it was Nancy Cooper. It doesn't say she was unsure. That is what I was referring to.

She also says that the detectives were out there several subsequent weekends questioning people about the missing jogger and we know that is not accurate. She was no longer missing on any subsequent weekends.

Don't feel sorry for him. He shouldn't be in this line of work if it's too much for him.

So I take it you have NEVER made a mistake in your professional life? I know I have, certainly not intentional, but I have made a mistake, way back in the olden days when I held a position outside the home. And I even made a few mistakes working at my *free job* of homemaker, mother & grandmother. A few mistakes could have had terrible consequenses too. :( Thankfully, they didn't.

Is "If Nancy called..." a speculative question? Other than that I do see the point being made about being a cooperative witness and I do agree with what you are ncsu are saying.

Of course it is. And I think the only reason Kurtz asked it was to show the jury that Young isn't cooperating during his testimony. It serves no other purpose since any logical person would know she would have to be alive to make a call. He should have said "yes, Nancy would have to be alive in order to make a call" and left it at that. He could have even thrown in "however, there are ways to automate a call that doesn't require a person to do so". It would have driven home his point and not be seen as uncooperative.

Q: If ncsu95 posted to websleuths at 6:40pm yesterday would that indicate that ncsu95 was alive at 6:40pm

If you were asked this question then how would you answer?

I withdraw my previous answer of "No" and replace it with "Yes."

So I take it you have NEVER made a mistake in your professional life? I know I have, certainly not intentional, but I have made a mistake, way back in the olden days when I held a position outside the home. And I even made a few mistakes working at my *free job* of homemaker, mother & grandmother. A few mistakes could have had terrible consequenses too. :( Thankfully, they didn't.

My full time job is taking care of my family. Today I put the frozen pizza in the oven with the cardboard underneath it. I will never live that down, my husband will tell all his co workers about his blonde wife. Glad my job isn't dealing with criminals.. one mistake and they will be slamming you forever!

Hummmmm let me think...well someone posted in his name..we dont KNOW or have evidence that he was alive when he posted..IT would have to be someone who had access to his acct. with W/S..So NO I can assume that since there is no evidence that no one else could use his signon information :twocents:

But that wasn't the question. He didn't ask if he believed Nancy made a call.

I agree. That phone being wiped has very little significance other than to show ineptness in that part of the investigation.

No one will ever know the significance though. It could have had all kinds of messages to/from NC that could have provided leads in the investigation.

Kurtz said she had a private facebook account that even her friends knew nothing about.

I think NC's cell phone has at least an equal if not higher chance of proving BC not guilty. If BC is guilty, what would you expect to find on the phone that would directly relate to that night? The phone was probably just sitting somewhere while all the killing, cleaning, etc was going on. As someone said, most likely he couldn't even access it. The most you could hope to find is more ammunition to prove they had a crappy marriage.

Oh, I really don't think the phone's contents would have been of any use to either side... I just think that the defense has about as good a chance as anything else to convince at least one juror that the CPD was inept with this phone issue.

But how would any of us know it's NCSU and not Mrs. NCSU?

You wouldn't. He didn't ask who made the call (or post in this scenario). He asked IF Nancy (or ncsu95) made the call (or post), would that mean they were alive at that time. And that is a simple yes in both scenarios.

Q: If ncsu95 posted to websleuths at 6:40pm yesterday would that indicate that ncsu95 was alive at 6:40pm

If you were asked this question then how would you answer?

I did not personally witness ncsu95 post, I cannot say for sure the post was from the person attached to the username ncsu95. However, I will agree there was a post written by a websluether by the username ncsu95 @ 6:40pm yesterday.

She also says that the detectives were out there several subsequent weekends questioning people about the missing jogger and we know that is not accurate. She was no longer missing on any subsequent weekends.

If they were asking others, why not go talk to the people that reported seeing her? That makes absolutely no sense except it gives the prosecution the ability to see "we asked a bunch of people and no one saw her". Some people did see her (or thought they did)....why not talk to them?

Those are the jurors in this case! Remember I said they seem to have a (very) good time when they are on breaks? People in the courtroom can hear laughing and general merriment from the jury, whose jury room is right next to the courtroom. One of the jurors got married (according to what the judge said this am and there are a couple Bdays this week as well)

Okay, I want 'em all given sobriety tests! I want BAC's on all of 'em, immediately! :woohoo:

No one will ever know the significance though. It could have had all kinds of messages to/from NC that could have provided leads in the investigation.

Kurtz said she had a private facebook account that even her friends knew nothing about.

They still have the phone records that indicate calls/messages and who they are to/from so that information was not lost. The biggest loss would be the actual texts themselves since I don't think the phone companies keep that as long as they used to.

Someone had to know about this private facebook since Nancy wasn't around to tell Kurtz about it.

I withdraw my previous answer of "No" and replace it with "Yes."

I was unable to find any evidence of this. It was actually a collaboration of mine with Detective Daniels. We were accidentally posting from NCSU95's blackberry while trying to ascertain if it was with Sprint, At and T or Verizon. In doing so, we accidentally wiped out all of his websleuths.com postings and we decided that the best way to continue in this case would be to secretly ask Howard Kurtz if we could entertain those folks by flipping through page after page of the 18000 pages of discovery.

If they were asking others, why not go talk to the people that reported seeing her? That makes absolutely no sense except it gives the prosecution the ability to see "we asked a bunch of people and no one saw her". Some people did see her (or thought they did)....why not talk to them?

But they had already talked to her. She said that she told the officers to go read her statement. Her statement had been taken and the information she had was recorded. What else was needed? If she had additional information that she neglected to include in the first statement, she should have called them back.

Oh, I really don't think the phone's contents would have been of any use to either side... I just think that the defense has about as good a chance as anything else to convince at least one juror that the CPD was inept with this phone issue.

And you base that on what? The defense thought it was significant enough in July of 2008 to send a certified letter to the police department asking them to be extremely careful with that phone because they needed to see the contents of that phone. It's not like they decided to drive this point home once they found the phone was wiped. They were concerned about this phone before it was wiped. And Det. Young admitted reading that letter. So he knew the significance of this phone to the defense.

I have absolutely no idea what was on that phone. It could be nothing of value. Or it could be something that cleared BC. Again, the defense was extremely concerned about that phone from the beginning, yet never got to see the contents. THAT is a big deal whether you agree or not.

I agree.
Then he stated he handed the phone off to another detective, his supervisor or somebody. I think he should have followed up with ATT when he realized the code didn't work as instructed and the wiping was done.

I disagree. He went directly to his supervisor/manager to report what had happened. I know in the times I have ever just fubarred a big one -- that's exactly what I did, and then my boss would decide what to do next. It's what you do. JMHO

It happened -- he owned up to it -- let's move on...

I was thinking of maybe painting something so I could watch the paint dry, but since we had this nice rain, I think I'll watch the grass grow. Certainly more entertaining that this afternoon's bore-a-thon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member