State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurtz is throwing a lot of ideas out there and not questioning JY, mostly just suggesting and stating things so the jury thinks they are fact.

Oh Kurtz finally found a pair of sneakers that were showed purchased by athletes foot but never found...

Ahh Detective just said that Athletes foot has no way to track returns for those exact shoes and track if they returned to any other store either.

So basically it sounds like Kurtz had something there with this 3rd pair of shoes but then if it can't be tracked, then no he doesn't have JACK.

From purchase records at Athlete's Foot there is a purchase of "Hurricane's". Det Young admits these shoes were never found. Continues that returns are not noted on the records so he would have no way of knowing if these shoes were purchased and then later returned.

Shoes purchased Sept. 4, 2006.

How the heck did he know to go to that store? Was there receipts in the house?

Defense trying to prove a negative.

Proof of purchase but no proof of a return.

From purchase records at Athlete's Foot there is a purchase of "Hurricane's". Det Young admits these shoes were never found. Continues that returns are not noted on the records so he would have no way of knowing if these shoes were purchased and then later returned.

I agree that Kurtz is trying damage control this morning, with the love notes, etc. Still don't agree that a married man--and he was supposed to be happy at some point earlier in the marriage--should keep items like this even if they were prior to the marriage to Nancy.
Kurtz's grilling on the shoes seems to be going no where.

I'm liking this Mr. Cummings! He's ready to climb into the octagon this morning!

Wheaties for breakfast, maybe!! Forget the Cheerios!!
icon10.gif

Credit card receipts, or atm receipts... obviously they didn't use cash. He said number ending in "xxxx" a few minutes ago.

Kurtz is really, really worried about those missing shoes. Really worried.

BC told him she shopped there. (Sorry I can't keep updating. Busy, busy day.)

GOOD MORNING :seeya:

I am just amazed how detailed their investigation really was..Yikes even to try and locate those missing shoes??...Even going back to purchases 3 years before the murder!! Holey moley..as IF they didnt already have enough things to sort out:banghead:

I know some defense attorneys tell their clients they HAVE to know the truth in order to present the best defense possible. Others tell their clients they don't care if they murdered somebody (or whatever the supposed crime is), they will represent them to the best of their ability. I
wonder which school of thought Kurtz operates from.
He *is* worried about the shoes--and he's making declarative statements already again this morning.

Why is JY getting "sucked into" this "conversation"?? Just about everything Kurtz says are statements not questions. Why is the State not objecting everytime?? Are they letting him get away with it now so when the "big guns" come they will do all their objecting then to make him frustrated??

Ahh Detective just said that Athletes foot has no way to track returns for those exact shoes and track if they returned to any other store either.

So basically it sounds like Kurtz had something there with this 3rd pair of shoes but then if it can't be tracked, then no he doesn't have JACK.

You don't think having a receipt for a pair of shoes that they can't find isn't significant? And it happens to be the Saucony shoes the defendant says she was running in? And it happens to match the brand that CC said Nancy ran in? That isn't significant simply because Young said he can't prove if they were returned or not?

I don't think he's worried about anything. He's trying to defend his client. At the end of the day if BC is convicted, it'll be BC going to jail and Kurtz moving on to another case.

GOOD MORNING :seeya:

I am just amazed how detailed their investigation really was..Yikes even to try and locate those missing shoes??...Even going back to purchases 3 years before the murder!! Holey moley..as IF they didnt already have enough things to sort out:banghead:

It is good with respect to the defense's continued statements during the early months/years of this case that the Cary Police Dept. didn't investigate thoroughly, etc. It does appear at times that they concentrated solely on Brad, although I know that's perfectly normal.
I dislike so much of what seems like draggy testimony that goes nowhere.

BC told JY that NC shopped at a specialty shoe store in a particular shopping complex. JY determined Athlete's Foot was the only running shoe store in that complex. So he obtained all the purchase records from that store pertaining to the Coopers.

Does anybody know if the Live Feed link can be made into a Sticky or something? It doesn't seem to be changing from day to day.

Believe the last digits of the feed change each day.

returning running shoes is a stretch. Most runners will try on their shoes before buying. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic