State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is JY getting "sucked into" this "conversation"?? Just about everything Kurtz says are statements not questions. Why is the State not objecting everytime?? Are they letting him get away with it now so when the "big guns" come they will do all their objecting then to make him frustrated??
Perhaps the prosecution is taking copious notes about what direction the questions <commentary> are going so to shape the questioning of expert witnesses to come?

The return of shoes would not show on the store computer system however it apparently would show on the store credit statement. The credit statement shows no credit for the return of the shoes in question.

I don't think he's worried about anything. He's trying to defend his client. At the end of the day if BC is convicted, it'll be BC going to jail and Kurtz moving on to another case.

You're right. I just don't know if he's doing a good job of it. I think Kurtz needs another dozen credit hours or so in Courtroom Questioning Techniques.

Why is JY getting "sucked into" this "conversation"?? Just about everything Kurtz says are statements not questions. Why is the State not objecting everytime?? Are they letting him get away with it now so when the "big guns" come they will do all their objecting then to make him frustrated??

It is so annoying. I was thinking last night, if I were Det JY I would just be silent until he asked a question. Or say each time, "Is that a question or statement?"

Objection, in the form of a question. Sustained, lather, rinse, repeat.

Juror's have experience with returns, credit cards, etc. Not a great strategy on defense's part.

I guarantee the jury is bored, bored, bored by this. And probably highly annoyed as well.

You're right. I just don't know if he's doing a good job of it. I think Kurtz needs another dozen credit hours or so in Courtroom Questioning Techniques.

Had anyone looked up how much trial experience Kurtz had before this case?

I think the prosecution and judge are fully capable of managing any issues with the form of questioning and are doing so when necessary. It may be annoying but it is how things work, particularly with a less than cooperative witness.

Defense not following the strategy of CPD didn't investigate thoroughly.

Of course he is. The defense claims she went running. They obviously need to show a missing pair of shoes.

I believe once the shoes are worn on a surface other than the store/carpet, they cannot be returned.

Yikes.Kurtz is trying using symantics to make JY appear in error..or untruthful..but the more he asks questions or makes statement..He is actually showing the opposite to the jury :loser:

So frustrating for us watching, I can also only imagine how the juror's feel:maddening:

These shoes they keep discussing are running shoes an true Althlete and marathon runner uses..not regualr ones most would use for just running.. I imagine Nancy used only the best available and what she could afford..or what Brad would spring for :banghead:

There is missing shoes??..OKay..never found?? only a few reasons..Disgarded innocently enough by Nancy..or whomever murdered her grabbed a pair of shoes not seeing they were two lefts to make it appear she had been wearing jogging shoes or somehow got lost in that house of cluttered mess :banghead:..Move on..Please:pullhair:

How does the jury stay awake during this?

That's the issue that worries me so badly. Even if they are awake, I can't imagine how confused they are with all of this twisted back and forth testimony that seems to dead-end.

Had anyone looked up how much trial experience Kurtz had before this case?

I tried to find some facts about him yesterday but the only 'outstanding' thing I found was that he has been a moderator on Court TV a few times. I was unable to find anything related to other big cases he has been involved in.
He got his undergraduate degree at UNC-CH and his law degree there as well. That's about all I found.

I tried to find some facts about him yesterday but the only 'outstanding' thing I found was that he has been a moderator on Court TV a few times. I was unable to find anything related to other big cases he has been involved in.
He got his undergraduate degree at UNC-CH and his law degree there as well. That's about all I found.

I saw on golo where people were saying he was a respectable lawyer.

We're going to be here watching this trial a loooooong time, folks.
<sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member