State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just listening to some of today's testimony because it isn't always easy to catch everything. It is my impression, based on the testimony that the proof of an automated phone call have pretty much been shot down. Do you all agree?

He asked Det. Young about the call forwarding abilities of their landline phone and Young confirmed that he spoke to TWC and they did not have call forwarding activated.

Secondly, he discussed the possibilities with Cisco experts and was told it was not possible with that phone and that the worldwide call logs were checked.

Third, he flat out asked Det. Young if he ever found any proof that the call was generated through automation and he said "no".

So where does this stand? Are we done with the theory that the call was generated automatically?

By the way, the testimony begins at around 7:00 into this recording.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9358297/#/vid9358297

I do not agree. Detective Young is not an expert in technology related to telephones and what can or cannot be done. I prefer to wait for the actual experts to get on the stand and explain what was possible/impossible.

I am listening to re-direct from today again.

ADA seems to be hinting about BC not going home between HT visits and possibly using those few minutes to dump evidence, shoes, router.. no evidence that he went home during those trips.
(Hey Cheyenne I think this was you and I discussing that he may have not gone home but we knew it wasn't enough time to do the body dump)

I disagree. He went directly to his supervisor/manager to report what had happened. I know in the times I have ever just fubarred a big one -- that's exactly what I did, and then my boss would decide what to do next. It's what you do. JMHO

It happened -- he owned up to it -- let's move on...

borndem, I think Detective Young owned up to his mistake like a man. His voice did not waiver at all. I so admire this young man because of his honesty and integrity. I agree with your post.

There was the judge, the jury, the prosecution, the defense, plus a courtroom full of people looking right at him for an answer. He answered and did not look down or away when answering.

Detective Young and Zellinger ended their day on a high note. I respect and admire them both.

JMO

How do we know that?

About the discussion with her ex boyfriends she may have contacted..

if "I" was wanting to move back home I may call or get back into contact with old friends, whether they were old boyfriends or old friends and get re-connected and set myself up to have friends when I move back.
I think any contact with people from her past is harmless and can be argued :)

About the dropcloth...I am thinking he may have bought it for Nancy to use to paint on Saturday morning. After all they may not have been in hate mode Friday morning. However to make his story work, he could not admit he knew she was going to paint on Saturday as it meant she would never have gone running. What a tangled web he weaves!!

Actually, all events planned for Saturday morning could have happened. She could have ran, made it to Jessica's by 8:00, and taken the kids with her so Brad could play tennis. A 4-5 mile run would take less than an hour. She wouldn't need to shower since she was going to paint. So all of the plans could have happened.

Where did you find this?

During JA's testimony, she stated that she(JA) called NC's cell that evening to invite NC over to JA's house to have wine with her and a friend. Was there a 2nd call between them that evening?

I recorded the information when they talked about all the phone calls. I actually have made up a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. I am waiting to add the cell tower information as I think it may be very telling.

Actually, all events planned for Saturday morning could have happened. She could have ran, made it to Jessica's by 8:00, and taken the kids with her so Brad could play tennis. A 4-5 mile run would take less than an hour. She wouldn't need to shower since she was going to paint. So all of the plans could have happened.

Except he was buying himself time to clean,and clean and clean!! Also he would have had to make the 911 call much earlier as she would have been expected home by 8:00 a.m.

How do we know that?

I've heard it somewhere through this process. I honestly don't remember where. It might have been the defenses opening statement, but I though one of her friends mentioned it during testimony as well. Again, I don't remember where though.

I do not agree. Detective Young is not an expert in technology related to telephones and what can or cannot be done. I prefer to wait for the actual experts to get on the stand and explain what was possible/impossible.

But Young had access to the reports of all of the experts since he was operating the investigation. Don't you think he would have mentioned it if proof had been found since he was asked? Or do you think he was not privy to some of the information?

I was just listening to some of today's testimony because it isn't always easy to catch everything. It is my impression, based on the testimony that the proof of an automated phone call have pretty much been shot down. Do you all agree?

He asked Det. Young about the call forwarding abilities of their landline phone and Young confirmed that he spoke to TWC and they did not have call forwarding activated.

Secondly, he discussed the possibilities with Cisco experts and was told it was not possible with that phone and that the worldwide call logs were checked.

Third, he flat out asked Det. Young if he ever found any proof that the call was generated through automation and he said "no".

So where does this stand? Are we done with the theory that the call was generated automatically?

By the way, the testimony begins at around 7:00 into this recording.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9358297/#/vid9358297

I don't think it has been proven one way or the other yet. I'm assuming the prosecution has something more than JY's testimony about the phone call.

But Young had access to the reports of all of the experts since he was operating the investigation. Don't you think he would have mentioned it if proof had been found since he was asked? Or do you think he was not privy to some of the information?

I think the defense asked him questions that were not his to answer and he answered them honestly. Someone else with more information will answer in a different way. MOO

ETA: He was not the lead detective. That would be Detective Daniels so he was not necessarily operating the investigation. He was following directions.

I thought that as well when he said no. But they have to have more than that with regards to this phone call or the case is over. If Nancy made that call, he didn't kill her. So I'm assuming that they will have a witness that will show all the ways it could possibly happen.

Maybe just me..but it seems that the defense used alot of its time to question JY on What If's and are you awares..and what he knows now and what he knew thens..all the while jumping from one time zone to another...not always giving context to his questons until requested..and then of course the witness would appear to be evasive...Lets face it..That is what Defense crosses do..try and confuse a witness, expose witnesses lack of credibility and also inserting Defendent's spin to things..without his testifying..I have seen it so many times..Not unusual..however to go on for 2 days like that is abit much IMO:maddening:

Maybe just me..but it seems that the defense used alot of its time to question JY on What If's and are you awares..and what he knows now and what he knew thens..all the while jumping from one time zone to another...not always giving context to his questons until requested..and then of course the witness would appear to be evasive...Lets face it..That is what Defense crosses do..try and confuse a witness, expose witnesses lack of credibility and also inserting Defendent's spin to things..without his testifying..I have seen it so many times..Not unusual..however to go on for 2 days like that is abit much IMO:maddening:

Just wait until we get a load of Jose down there in Florida... My God, can you imagine??!!!

Just wait until we get a load of Jose down there in Florida... My God, can you imagine??!!!

Ohhh MAN..I so hope this trial is over by the time that one cranks up :floorlaugh:..My poor brain couldnt take two at a time!!:crazy:

I just read today's article on WRAL. It says JY attempted to access NC's phone more than a week after he called the phone company for assistance, using what he remembered as the directions. It says he expected to see a warning screen before it wiped but none came and it was too late. I didn't realize there was such a gap of time there.

Bless you SS!!! Thank you for explaining this in a way I never could have!! I just went through this about six weeks ago. I can not get AT&T at my house. I can only get Verizon. I bought a new phone and it wouldn't work. Lo and behold, it was GSM. I called Straight Talk and they told me to return the phone and purchase a CDMA phone because it uses Verizon and has no sim card. I don't think people who have sim cards realize that there is a huge population out there who use phones that do not have sim cards and really don't know much about them.
That is a bit surprising since Verizon has more subscribers than AT&T -- today at least. That won't be true soon because AT&T just bought TMobile and all their subscribers.

I should also clarify what I said earlier. I said that things like address book / contacts usually aren't usually stored on the SIM card. That is generally true, but some providers/phones let you do this so that you can transfer your contacts when you upgrade phones. However, SIM cards have very little capacity, so you can't save a lot there.

Their cross was shorter than the direct.

And maybe if he would have answered the questions, it wouldn't have taken so long.

Their cross was shorter than the direct.

And maybe if he would have answered the questions, it wouldn't have taken so long.

If the defense had actually asked legitimate questions, he might have had answers.

I just read today's article on WRAL. It says JY attempted to access NC's phone more than a week after he called the phone company for assistance, using what he remembered as the directions. It says he expected to see a warning screen before it wiped but none came and it was too late. I didn't realize there was such a gap of time there.

That is only partially true. The time frame was true. The doing it from memory was true. The lack of a warning screen was not true. He testified that he got the warning that it would erase all the data...but did so because he expected another screen to pop up after where he could enter the code. So he got the warning and ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member