State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He officially didn't know his wife was brutally murdered until the 15th? He's ticked cause they are tailing him starting the evening of the 12th, plus asking him to come down to the station to answer questions, asking him to get in the patrol car and go for a ride, constantly asking questions that anyone would know were accusitory (sp?) in nature. Then later during the taped interviews - remember the CPD had tricked him into meeting them and then took his children. Yes, I'd be really ticked, and wouldn't trust a thing they did.

Didn't DY say he didn't get to talk to BC after the 14th? So, all of these questions were asked while NC was officially still missing, and BC was officially not a suspect. The next we hear from Brad were the custody hearings. So, yeah, a lot of BS to put a man through when his wife is missing.

Actually, a lot of the questions I'm hearing are from the deposition tapes. But if my husband was missing, I can guarantee you I wouldn't even notice if the cops were parked outside my house for a couple days. In fact I'd hope they *were* there outside. Otherwise I'd think nobody even cared my husband is MISSING. :( Are you saying Brad Cooper is so ticked off at the cops within 48 hours of his wife missing? Wasn't he WORRIED at all? concerned for his wife, the mother of his very young children. IIRC didn't Nancy's sister say the girls, especially Bella, were quite upset about where there mother was?

I have to add this - How in the world was BC to know that the call he didn't answer from some random 919-*advertiser censored*-xxxx number was a policeman calling him on Sat afternoon? People keep saying why didn't he answer that call. His BB is not that smart, to post the caller's name, and occupation. Now that would be a cool feature. He's busy tending kids, maybe out of the car, phone is in car, obviously his mind is racing, guilty or not. I miss calls all the time. LE calls back, leaves message. He doesn't return call right away. Maybe kids are sleeping in the car, phone is on silence, doesn't realize there's a message until 10 mins or so later when he picks up the phone and looks at it.

I just see that it doesn't matter what he did, or what his response was, many on here are going to paint that action as proof of guilt. I thought sleuths were open minded, free thinking people.

Not all of us, clearly. Most people would jump to answer their phone if their spouse were missing. I guess you are representing a very minute segment of the populace.

I thought he did return the call, just not right away. Or did the officer call a third time and reach Brad? Either way, he's busy looking for Nancy, has no idea who called the first time, does check the vm sometime after the second call. Still doesn't raise any flags for me.

I guess it would raise flags if you were out looking for a family member and you got a call followed by a voice mail from a police officer. I would think that would be priority one for a return call if your focus is on finding said loved one.

The curious part is that the officer left a voice message and Brad didn't return the call. That's my take.

Yep if your spouse is missing you would be answering and returning calls as fast as you can if its an officer that is trying to help you. That's if you cared where they were and about their well-being. Any reasonable person would have called the officer back before even listening to the voicemail because they are so anxious to hear any news. Just another "hmmmmm....." part of this story.

In his depostion he said 'he fell asleep shortly after 9:00 with the girls, and never arose before Katie woke up, around 4:00 a.m. was it? He said he woke up when nancy came home, checked his watch to see the time, around 12:30, but he didn't get up, nor did he acknowledge Nancy. That's what I recall from Brad's sworn deposition oct 2, 2008

I could see that. I go to bed with my iphone by my bed and ipad in it every night. Many times my ipad ends up under my pillow or beside my bed later; I don't sleep well..(I wonder why), wake up sometimes during the night and many times will play a game on my ipad or look at email. I don't consider that getting up when I do this in less I end up getting up out of the bed and going downstairs. (I know its unhealthy)..

I could see that. I go to bed with my iphone by my bed and ipad in it every night. Many times my ipad ends up under my pillow or beside my bed later; I don't sleep well..(I wonder why), wake up sometimes during the night and many times will play a game on my ipad or look at email. I don't consider that getting up when I do this in less I end up getting up out of the bed and going downstairs. (I know its unhealthy)..

Do you do this while laying in the crack of two twin beds pushed together with a two year old on one side and a four year old on the other side?

Not all of us, clearly. Most people would jump to answer their phone if their spouse were missing. I guess you are representing a very minute segment of the populace.

No kidding. Brad is apparently 'ticked off' that 'he' has to go through 'all this'. sheesh.

< leaving to look up the definition of narcissist >

Wow. I would expect to be tailed if my wife were missing. Everyone knows the spouse is the default first suspect. And damn it, if you have nothing to hide, why be pissed?! Nothing to worry about... Unless you did it.

BC never, ever acted like any human being I've ever heard of whose wife was missing and then found murdered. Not a human who was concerned or cared in any way. Just 'irritated.'

I just don't get how anyone can justify how he acted in any way, shape or form.

Why be pissed? They're wasting their time following me!!!!!! Go get the real guy!!!!! We've already discussed ad nauseum about their relationship, feelings towards each other. And, like I keep saying, all the testimony so far has been dealing with the timeline BEFORE NC was found and was known to be murdered, except that this brilliant guy told the cops what he dressed Nancy in after he choked her, when they found the body. You guys paint him as clever, deceitful, very throrough in his coverup, but then he gets dumb as dirt and decribes what she's wearing, so obviously he killed her?? Ever think that he's said he saw her that morning, so he saw what she had on. Maybe she hadn't picked out a shirt to wear yet when he last saw her.

Oh well, pointless. You see it one way, and refuse to acknowledge their might be another.

How does he remember the bra but not the dress? He was barely around Nancy at the party. His focus was to babysit. I'm colorblind. Black is blue. Green, brown, tan, grey - they're all the same color. Sports bra? Well, he had an extra 3 days to play all the tapes in his head and he remember that one detail.

Yep if your spouse is missing you would be answering and returning calls as fast as you can if its an officer that is trying to help you. That's if you cared where they were and about their well-being. Any reasonable person would have called the officer back before even listening to the voicemail because they are so anxious to hear any news. Just another "hmmmmm....." part of this story.

All parts of the circumstantial puzzle.

Why be pissed? They're wasting their time following me!!!!!! Go get the real guy!!!!! We've already discussed ad nauseum about their relationship, feelings towards each other. And, like I keep saying, all the testimony so far has been dealing with the timeline BEFORE NC was found and was known to be murdered, except that this brilliant guy told the cops what he dressed Nancy in after he choked her, when they found the body. You guys paint him as clever, deceitful, very throrough in his coverup, but then he gets dumb as dirt and decribes what she's wearing, so obviously he killed her?? Ever think that he's said he saw her that morning, so he saw what she had on. Maybe she hadn't picked out a shirt to wear yet when he last saw her.

Oh well, pointless. You see it one way, and refuse to acknowledge their might be another.

How does he remember the bra but not the dress? He was barely around Nancy at the party. His focus was to babysit. I'm colorblind. Black is blue. Green, brown, tan, grey - they're all the same color. Sports bra? Well, he had an extra 3 days to play all the tapes in his head and he remember that one detail.

I do refuse to acknowledge there might be another; you are correct!

I do the same, but not when one of my grandchildren is sleeping with me. Too concerned about either disturbing the child or having him knock my lap top off the bed or roll over on it, etc. Brad was apparently sleeping in the crack between two twin beds pushed up together. Between his two daughters, is what he said. We have a kingsize bed, if one of my grandsons sleeps in the bed with me, hubby sleeps in one of the guest rooms. And the other two boys sleep in the second guest room. Couldn't do that 'crack' between the beds myself. Especially not with electrical equipment too. :)

Guys - you are missing the point - HE DOESN"T KNOW ITS A COP CALLING!!
Just a phone number shows up on his phone from someone he doesn't know. He doesn't know the cops are at his house with JA looking for him. So he doesn't know that police are involved yet!! And when you are driving and maybe his 325i is a manual, he's got his hands full, his mind full. All he does know is that JA and CC don't know where Nancy is. That's the only people who know Nancy is late or missing. Why should he answer some random call when he's busy trying to figure out where in the hell to look for Nancy??

Why is out looking for her not caring??

I thought he asked very clear concise questions regarding the phones and that is the most important part of this trial.

The fumbling from Kurtz was a result of Young's evasiveness, imo. I don't think he was expecting a "no" answer to "do you know what a sim card is?"

I like Kurtz. I think he's shows an extreme amount of self control considering how hard the judge seems to come down on him at times. I don't claim to understand why it is happening because I don't see Kurtz doing anything but trying to defend his client. Obviously all the attorneys try to get a few steps in before you call red light, but, I feel sometimes the calls against many of his objections appear to be done in a demeaning way, either verbally, or with body language, and I don't feel that is a good representation of our NC Courts.

I hope that the way it appears to be demeaning at times is just a misinterpretation on my part.

I actually like all the attorneys, and even the judge when he's not talking down to Kurtz. I think Trenkle (?) is a real tough one and powerful; he seems to demand to be heard when he feels its right. I like the fighter in him.

I think you need to view his deposition tape to answer this. Brad testified, in a sworn deposition, that the last time he saw nancy that morning, she was dressed in one of his tee shirts. He said, (on tape, you can listen and watch him), that he never saw her in any clothes than that tee shirt that day. He took Katie upstairs with him to surf the web, and nancy left the house. He said all he ever saw her in that morning was his white tee shirt. If you haven't viewed the tapes, you should. Most of the answers to questions being asked are NOT from prior to the 15th of July. Most of the answers to these questions are given by Brad, on Oct. 2, 2008. He had nearly three months to mull over his answers.

Just a phone number shows up on his phone from someone he doesn't know. He doesn't know the cops are at his house with JA looking for him. So he doesn't know that police are involved yet!! And when you are driving and maybe his 325i is a manual, he's got his hands full, his mind full. All he does know is that JA and CC don't know where Nancy is. That's the only people who know Nancy is late or missing. Why should he answer some random call when he's busy trying to figure out where in the hell to look for Nancy??

Because, since she's missing, it could be a hospital calling to let him know Nancy was injured somehow. It could be one of Nancy's friends calling to let him know Nancy had been located. If my husband were missing, I'd be answering every call whether I know the number or not since it could relate to his disappearance.

I see your point, I was unaware that was the FIRST time that officer called.
I am not sure how to find out, but I agree it makes sense to ignore a call that he doesn't know, I do the same thing, but the fact that he checked voicemail and then still didn't call the officer back is concerning...
The officer had to call him again to catch him on the phone.

Um, how does he know it's not Nancy trying to call him for help?

LOL - I was going to say if the defense knew how to pose a proper question, he would have gotten better answers.

Come on now. "Do you see mud on his shoes" "I cannot testify to seeing or not seeing mud on his shoes" which led to 30 questions trying to get him to say no, he didn't see mud. Or he didn't see footsteps. He had no problem offering an opinion about BC wiping sweat from his head onto his pants, but couldn't offer an opinion that there were no footprints on the floor that we could all clearly see. Stuff like that drug this thing out. Heck, they spent what seemed like 20 minutes trying to get him to answer "IF Nancy made the call at 6:40, that would mean she was still alive". Well if she did, she was still alive. Why refuse to answer that hypothetical question? So he added quite a bit to the length of this.

I bet Kurtz drug out the questioning at the end just to make him come back tomorrow.

He has a blackberry though. That's a little odd.

The sim card, or lack thereof is dependant on the phone and the carrier. I have never had a phone that used one, and I am using a Blackberry. So far as I know, and I am pretty technical, it does not have a removable SIM card.

It does have a memory card, but that does not store anything except media files and stuff.

Come on now. "Do you see mud on his shoes" "I cannot testify to seeing or not seeing mud on his shoes" which led to 30 questions trying to get him to say no, he didn't see mud. Or he didn't see footsteps. He had no problem offering an opinion about BC wiping sweat from his head onto his pants, but couldn't offer an opinion that there were no footprints on the floor that we could all clearly see. Stuff like that drug this thing out. Heck, they spent what seemed like 20 minutes trying to get him to answer "IF Nancy made the call at 6:40, that would mean she was still alive". Well if she did, she was still alive. Why refuse to answer that hypothetical question? So he added quite a bit to the length of this.

I bet Kurtz drug out the questioning at the end just to make him come back tomorrow.

Well, I am glad the ADA cleared that up on re-direct and showed what the weather was like and that Kurtz was wasting his time talking about mud that didn't exist in the entire triangle for that week... dry and hot.. why would there be mud.. wasting more time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018