State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two other very distinct suspects. I remember questions being asked about those folks as well. I keep thinking they must be solely on the defense side, but one of them did NOT have an alibi at all. The other had a loosey-goosy story.

I will dig and find the names. I know JP was the one with no alibi at all.

They were all from the same neighborhood over there and they were only "alluded" to in the defense opening.

I keep wondering if they will come up.

Agreed -- I would like to hear why they did not pursue it -- and move on.

Cisco asked to check worldwide records for call that morning that could have spoofed this.

Originally Posted by gracielee
One time I was asked to be a witness in a custody battle. Yes, a neighbor, but it was the husband, not the wife. I didn't really *want* to get involved, but knew the children were far better off with the father than the mother, so I agreed. I can't recall the name of the attorney right now, I think he's dead now, but at the time he was one of the top in his field in Raleigh. Soloman comes to mind, not sure if that's it or not though. Anyway, he began questioning me to see if *I* had any vulnerablities myself, and I remember his exact words were always "Can anyone testify that you've had an affair with anyone?" "Can anyone testify that you've stolen anything?" etc., looking for ways I could be impeached by the opposing counsel.

That's pretty scary. I'm sure you passed with flying colors.
I have provided a lot of testimony in various courts but always from the LE end of things. I was never able to overcome my fear and nervousness.

It really was scary, that's why I can remember his words so clearly all these years later. He started asking me the questions *after* he heard what I *could* testify to in the case. I gave him a synopsis of actual severe neglect I could testify to. The outcome was that once the wife discovered I was on the husband's witness list, she backed out of the custody fight and relinquished custody to the father. They, father and kids, continued to reside next door to us, and I became good friends with his second wife a couple years later. :innocent:

I know the bear painting was expensive but I am not a fan of it--especially in a dining room.

I'm starting to wonder if anybody beside me on these boards like that bear painting. I LOVE it! :)

And the call is ON the TWC records. It's entered now. No other experts were consulted, so you may now remove the word "Spoof" from all allegations. It was not a "spoofed" call.

Six detectives. Also, for this particular case, at that particular time, based on the rotation, the two detectives who ended up with the case were NOT the leading Dom. Viol. (nor the most experienced homicide) investigators and the person who would have been was re-assigned early on. He's been mentioned several times.

Cary PD often does some odd things though. There was a male-on-male rape case earlier this year there that involved kidnapping and being basically tortured over a 12 hour period that went **poof** and became non-news within a day.

Are you saying CPD never investigated the male rape case, or that the victim didn't want to persue it? Just curious? I seem to recall something on this but not sure if it is the same one to which you are referring.......

And the call is ON the TWC records. It's entered now. No other experts were consulted, so you may now remove the word "Spoof" from all allegations. It was not a "spoofed" call.

We can't say that yet. The prosecution hasn't presented their evidence concerning this yet.

False.

He was asked to provide the MOST RECENT item Nancy wore, as that would have the freshest scent and the tracking dog is trained to work off of fresh scents (per the testimony). Hence the 'search' for NC's dress. Finally, Brad handed them a shoe. Recently worn? We don't know how recently she wore that particular shoe.

Det. Young testified that he asked BC for a running shoe.

Rut Rho..here we go into expertise wayyyy over my head....directing questions to a non-expert....FX04 port??....

Sounds like Defense is testifying again??..Love the IF's in all his questions:banghead:..Why not go into this with the State's expert...?????

HAHA. He can't get a YES out of Det. Young.

I know, that was ridiculous. "If Nancy called Brad at 6:40, that would mean that Nancy was alive at 6:40" is a pretty simple answer. Saying yes to that doesn't mean Nancy was alive at 6:40.

11:49 Det. Young is clearly showing his bias by his responses.

Kurtz: IF NC called BC at 6:40, she was alive, yes or no?

Young: I have no evidence NC was alive at 6:40.

He should have just said, yes, if NC called BC at 6:40, she was alive.

And, Det. Young, Cary is a TOWN not a city as you testified. A pretty big town, but a town nevertheless.

Det. Young has not found any evidence (him personally) to indicate the call was automatically generated. Wouldn't he be aware of evidence of an automated phone call?

I am blaming someone that called the cops.

I held my tongue on all the other thoughts on her, but an ANGRY woman is going to be the new phase of crimes like these. Just like the craigslist guy was bound to happen and the Yale killer was bound to happen and the Knox County and Witchita murders were bound to happen with the evolution of the American criminal.

Here's how that one plays out for me: (no evidence, just a theory)

Nancy gets a text during a party from JA's partner. JA sees said partner's phone. JA then approaches NC, who is drinking and could care less about the text because it meant nothing.

She then waits to "talk to her" and she blows her off. She fumes overnight.

The following morning, around 7, she stops by to talk to NC before NC comes by to paint (or whatever).

NC is in the garage grabbing something. She say hi and is very pleasant. JA gets angry because NC doesn't remember the text and it's implications. JA grabs her as she goes back into the house. NC doesn't expect it. She's dead in less than a minute. JA backs up the car and drops NC in the trunk and drives off, later dumping the body.

Around 2:00, she decides she needs to call the cops and place a little shadow of doubt on the situation and point towards the weirdo husband, because, being a weirdo husband, he will do the rest.

There is as much evidence to support my theory presented by the state at this point as they have presented against Brad Cooper.

Seriously. First of all, if JA killed NC (which she did NOT), why would JA call the cops? Makes no sense. Second, I'm sure you have never killed someone right? Well, neither have I. However, my understanding is it takes a lot longer than 1 minute to kill someone. How would JA (looking pretty thin and not real big) kill NC without a huge struggle? She certainly would not be able to strangle her w/out a fight from NC.

Are you saying CPD never investigated the male rape case, or that the victim didn't want to persue it? Just curious? I seem to recall something on this but not sure if it is the same one to which you are referring.......

It just went poof into district court land. The news dropped it altogether (though it would have been an interesting local case) and I think it was at the request of the Town of Cary.

Det JY is NOT to going give any YES to any What Ifs when he has no information in his knowledge that would lead to that asumption...Its actually a good thing..otherwise Defense would follow that up by spinning that yes into confirmation to other witness that it happened....Its just another tactic of questioning by any lawyer who is cross examining a witness :twocents:

Seriously. First of all, if JA killed NC (which she did NOT), why would JA call the cops? Makes no sense. Second, I'm sure you have never killed someone right? Well, neither have I. However, my understanding is it takes a lot longer than 1 minute to kill someone. How would JA (looking pretty thin and not real big) kill NC without a huge struggle? She certainly would not be able to strangle her w/out a fight from NC.

I don't think she would have been able to get the body in her car by herself either.

I am blaming someone that called the cops.

I held my tongue on all the other thoughts on her, but an ANGRY woman is going to be the new phase of crimes like these. Just like the craigslist guy was bound to happen and the Yale killer was bound to happen and the Knox County and Witchita murders were bound to happen with the evolution of the American criminal.

Here's how that one plays out for me: (no evidence, just a theory)

Nancy gets a text during a party from JA's partner. JA sees said partner's phone. JA then approaches NC, who is drinking and could care less about the text because it meant nothing.

She then waits to "talk to her" and she blows her off. She fumes overnight.

The following morning, around 7, she stops by to talk to NC before NC comes by to paint (or whatever).

NC is in the garage grabbing something. She say hi and is very pleasant. JA gets angry because NC doesn't remember the text and it's implications. JA grabs her as she goes back into the house. NC doesn't expect it. She's dead in less than a minute. JA backs up the car and drops NC in the trunk and drives off, later dumping the body.

Around 2:00, she decides she needs to call the cops and place a little shadow of doubt on the situation and point towards the weirdo husband, because, being a weirdo husband, he will do the rest.

There is as much evidence to support my theory presented by the state at this point as they have presented against Brad Cooper.

I was asking why some people think JA may be the murderer yesterday. While I completely disagree with your theory, I thank you for explaining why you and some others feel this way.

Det JY is NOT to going give any YES to any What Ifs when he has no information in his knowledge that would lead to that asumption...Its actually a good thing..otherwise Defense would follow that up by spinning that yes into confirmation to other witness that it happened....Its just another tactic of questioning by any lawyer who is cross examining a witness :twocents:

I agree, think Det. Young did an excellent job of avoiding the yes answer to the point it was getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179