State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One (very plausible) theory is that Nancy had a diet coke before she went to sleep. She may have gotten sick before and then had a diet coke afterwards. This of course goes with the theory that she was not murdered immediately upon arriving home, but was murdered after she fell asleep. Remember, she had quite a lot to drink that night. She would have fallen asleep easily and quickly.

They put something like 8 officers on the stand? And there were probably about 15 to 20 officers involved in the investigation, maybe more in the beginning. There was a HUGE search effort. Hundreds of people searched every running trail, lakes, woods, around the Regency area, where Nancy was known to go running.

Yes and I remember there were flyers up everywhere before she was found with her picture.

Of course Brad would be a subject of interest since he was the last person to see her alive, and the person who couldnt be ruled out as the investigation continued...LE with each turn just couldnt rule him out?

Just as an aside..ALL suspects who give alibi's have to have that alibi clearified..just words by whomever the suspect is is NOT enough to clear them..In domestic murder cases, the significant other is always the first subject to be looked at..As Investigations continued..Motives came up, suspicions by Nancy's friends, and unusual behaviors prior to Nancy going missing..just fueled the fire against Brad.

the old " Walks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck" seems to fit..tho it must be the jury who decides..:twocents:

Indeed.
And another: "When you hear the sound of hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras." KISS :twocents:

Custody lawyer, Debbie Sandlin, took everything of value from the Cooper home as part of her 'fee.' Not sure where the bear painting went. But she took the little kids good furniture. Yep, tis true.

My god, that's just wrong IMO. :( It's like grabbing up and wearing a dead persons clothes. :( MOO

A dead by 6am absolutely fits within the M.E.'s testimony.

As does dead by 5am, 4am, 3am, 2am....

Could Nancy have been killed after 7am? According to the M.E. it's possible.

How plausible is a death after 7am? NOT VERY.

Perhaps someone knows this already but, how many investigators were on this case, early on, from CPD? Just a guess, but I would imagine this investigation would run much like a missing child case. Example, the Susan Smith case, where there is a dual investigation almost from the start. "Could be a random kidnapping/could be a parental abduction". YOu just don't know until you get further into it, so you have to keep all your (damn, can't think of the word I want/need here) maybe *options* open......

Let's say they got a call on the 15th from someone living on Fielding drive that said they saw a white BMW drive by at 6:00 am Saturday (hypothetical since that didn't happen)....do you believe that CPD would wait 2 months before following up? They would have had someone out there that day. My whole issue is that this woman was completely dismissed/ignored based on her affidavit. They should have interviewed her.

Perhaps someone knows this already but, how many investigators were on this case, early on, from CPD? Just a guess, but I would imagine this investigation would run much like a missing child case. Example, the Susan Smith case, where there is a dual investigation almost from the start. "Could be a random kidnapping/could be a parental abduction". YOu just don't know until you get further into it, so you have to keep all your (damn, can't think of the word I want/need here) maybe *options* open......

You're right, which is why the chief of police going in front of camera's stating this was not random was not smart.

You know, when people saw that, the first thought was 'of course they are going to say that, we can't have a place like Cary have random crimes going on'.

No kidding. And it appears Brad was about as forthcoming as Scott Peterson when it came to giving something useful to the canine person to track Nancy's scent.

Huh? He was asked to provide a running shoe and he did. Running shoes are very useful because of how much your feet sweat while running.

Wow! We are watching two different trials eh? Because the search warrants all basically start on the 15th and every single one has to do with Brad Cooper and Brad Cooper only and I would lay a large amount of dough on their being very little other investigation into anything but Brad. Again, I'm not convinced this is the wrong approach, but it is clearly the approach they took.

Well, the prosecution principals involved here (and on any other homicide case} are professionals -- this is what they do for a living. I think their skills and experience and probably some gut feeling, too, are very valuable to them & to us. Sometimes you just can't ignore what evidence, conversations, etc., indicate. That's why BC is sitting where he is now. IMHO

Huh? He was asked to provide a running shoe and he did. Running shoes are very useful because of how much your feet sweat while running.

False.

He was asked to provide the MOST RECENT item Nancy wore, as that would have the freshest scent and the tracking dog is trained to work off of fresh scents (per the testimony). Hence the 'search' for NC's dress. Finally, Brad handed them a shoe. Recently worn? We don't know how recently she wore that particular shoe.

A dead by 6am absolutely fits within the M.E.'s testimony.

As does dead by 5am, 4am, 3am, 2am....

Could Nancy have been killed after 7am? According to the M.E. it's possible.

How plausible is a death after 7am? NOT VERY.

Are you stating this based on the ME's testimony or your own assumptions?

Because there was no question based on the ME's actual testimony that it absolutely fits that Nancy was killed after 7am.

EDIT: Apparently my original post wasn't clear. The ME NEVER testified that it was less likely that Nancy was killed after 7am. That time was perfectly consistent with his findings.

False.

He was asked to provide the MOST RECENT item Nancy wore, as that would have the freshest scent and the tracking dog is trained to work off of fresh scents (per the testimony). Hence the 'search' for NC's dress. Finally, Brad handed them a shoe. Recently worn? We don't know how recently she wore that particular shoe.

When he said he couldn't find what she was wearing, they specifically asked for a running shoe. That is not false.

Earlier in a post to Sleuthygal, I suggested that she add a couple of adjectives to her "Marauding Band of.. ...Mormon Cannibals..." bunch.

One of my suggestions was "left-handed..." (I shoulda said "left-footed," too... but the implication s/be clear....

Case closed. Book'em, Danno. :takeabow:

Ya know, you could be on to something! :) Years ago, when I was young and single and lived in a Northern climate, my best friend broke her left ankle at the very beginning of winter. She'd be in a cast the whole winter. So when we went shopping to buy ourselves some of the *new*, sheek, knee-high leather boots, so in fashion, I suggested we ask if she could possibly purchase the right boot only for half the cost. Because, of course, by the end of winter that right boot would be really worn-looking, and the left boot would still be brand new *if* she had to purchase the whole pair. :great:

Of course the salesman said 'she couldn't purchase one boot only', so then I asked 'if he could possibly take her name and phone number, just in case somebody who'd broken their right foot, also wore a size 8 shoe, and would be interested in sharing a pair of boots?" FYI, that too was a 'no go' with the salesman. :floorlaugh:

That is correct.

You're correct on Kurtz (Kurtz & Blum).

Trenkle is not his law partner. He is a very up-and-coming atty for the DAs office (JD, honors; Law Review, & other good credentials).
icon7.gif

I guess part of the TWC question has been answered. TWC says it was not set up for forwarding.

Oh wow, that's interesting. I thought the bear painting in the law office comment was a hysterical tongue-in-cheek remark, but I guess that sort of thing really happens.

I know the bear painting was expensive but I am not a fan of it--especially in a dining room.

I think Jessica Adams did it. (Based on what sleuthy went with)

She is STILL doing stuff to make sure Brad get's blamed and is messing with the jury.

Isn't THAT incriminating?

Maybe JA had a rock solid alibi. Whereas Brad had no one to say he was at home with a live Nancy from midnight to 7 a.m. because why? NC was dead - except for those spoofed calls he so desperately tried to set up to make it LOOK like NC was alive and calling him.

Emails sent to Cisco expert to discuss scenario. Defense just pointed out the Cisco expert wrote the book on Cisco Voip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018