State v Bradley Cooper 03/31/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brad's attorney wouldn't want that phone in his possession, handed it off like a hot potato to Brad's mother, because if he had it in his possession he'd have to share it with the prosecution maybe? JMT's??

Why would he have to share it with prosecution?

If the police came requesting the cell phone, I'm sure they'd have to produce it, no matter who had it.

To be clear, defense said that they were looking at the data report from FBI and there was some data on the phone. So, it wasn't completely wiped. The CPD didn't seize the phone until October, so it's not like it would be weird to see the defendant with it.

I get that carolinalady...however..it was obvious to them (FBI) data had been deleted..usage just didnt match what they found...and I think Defense is attempting to say it was the FBI who screwed up..no possibility that Brad did something to the phone??????...

IIRC the phone apparantly was found IN Momma Coopers purse..not on the counter as Mr. T said..tho may be wrong there????

Hmm, wonder if Brad (if convicted) will get to serve time in Canada.

Also, find it hard to believe that "being Canadian" would play a huge part in those determinations. Canada does not have the DP but we have certainly extradited persons to the US that are facing those charges in the past.

I don't think Canada extradites DP's back to the U.S. unless it's been agreed to not seek, do they? I could be wrong, but I think it's much like France, Mexico, etc. We have to agree to not seek death to get someone back. Especially if that person isn't a U.S. citizen.

Would this be the same phone that said it only had something like 30 minutes of usage?? The one that was talked about yesterday, was it?

Yes. That was something like the lifetime minutes. And they were talking about the ways to reset that lifetime minutes. I'm not saying that he didn't erase it, just saying that not everything was erased. Of course, from only having 30 minutes on it, I'm sure that nothing from the time period of NC's murder remains.

I don't even think Lochmere is that nice of a neighborhood at all. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Old, run down houses, WAY too close together...

I don't think Canada extradites DP's back to the U.S. unless it's been agreed to not seek, do they? I could be wrong, but I think it's much like France, Mexico, etc. We have to agree to not seek death to get someone back. Especially if that person isn't a U.S. citizen.

I was going to say the same thing but then decided that maybe the law had changed. But I think that's correct--the US can't seek the DP when a person is extradicted back from several countries, including Canada.

Ugh, someone came to the door and I missed after the defense was claiming not all data was wiped from the defendants phone.

I sure hope WRAL remembers to include the rest this argument online later.

I LOL'd when Kurtz said not all the data was wiped... yeah what was the testimony the other day, something like 31 lifetime call mins. :whistle:

I'm sure this has been discussed, but who actually believes that someone in his profession doesn't know how to pull up their call history? I mean, my 75-year-old mother - maybe - but not a CCIE.

I agree that it is a pretty basic function of a phone and I'm surprised that he wouldn't know about it. I also don't know why he'd ask about it if he really knew how to do it. If he knew how and was just going to go delete something from the call record, why not do it? Bringing it up with an acquaintance only draws attention to it.

On the not knowing stuff, I'm still surprised that a police officer who sometimes does forensic previews of cell phones doesn't know what a SIM card is.

Correct..makes no nevermind if the person is Canadian or not...Remember that NG case..the torturer who fled to Canada..even he wouldnt be extradited unless DP off the table..and he was covicted of murder/torture of lots of people.....:sick:

Ohhhhhh Fireworks regarding Brad's phone now...I didnt realize it too had been erased....Yikes this does not look good on the def. in the judges eyes...
I think this witness is going to be able to testify he saw that phone being in Def custody..I think Mr. Tenkle..sorrry about spelling.....LOL These two def. attny's are like a tagteam....

Mr. T (def) really does get his BP up doesnt he!! Now he's laiming 5th ammendment rights etc......I wonder if claiming mishandling of evidence by def. not such a good idea..

:doh: You got that one right!!!!!

I thought the garage has a service door right beside the big door? And that the trash cans were next to the service door?

So? One of the witnesses said Nancy would enter the house by going opening the garage door and going through the garage.

Correct..makes no nevermind if the person is Canadian or not...Remember that NG case..the torturer who fled to Canada..even he wouldnt be extradited unless DP off the table..and he was covicted of murder/torture of lots of people.....:sick:

Yes, you are right, Charles Ng and what's his name? The duo who raped and murdered so many people, including the babies of some of the female victims, in Northern Calif., wasn't it? Leonard Lake was it?

Ugh, someone came to the door and I missed after the defense was claiming not all data was wiped from the defendants phone.

I sure hope WRAL remembers to include the rest this argument online later.

I LOL'd when Kurtz said not all the data was wiped... yeah what was the testimony the other day, something like 31 lifetime call mins. :whistle:

BBM

I have to LOL for anyone to believe that Brad's Lifetime usage of that phone was 31 minutes..It is apparant that he had deleted all data prior to giving it to his attny who Brad told to give to his mother....I wonder IF he may have downloaded items to his WORK puter??..Just maybe something will show up on that??..Will have to wait for that..I more lean to downloading it to a disc of some sort..as there may have been much he still needed?? Just wondering on that...

I do think tho..Once again..Brad's behavior is suspicious..WHY delete..WHY would that be necessary??..then one has to go bak..WHY was Brad in possession of Nancy's cell phone..That was her lifeline....also Why was her car cleaned out of all her vital documents, laptop..whoa..how was he even in possession of her CAR KEY??..given the extent she went to keep him away from those items...

Lastly, Def. Attny have worked darn hard to keep out as much as possible, and has bad mouthed LE/Detective/victim herself/friends/neighbours/..No one is honest except poor Brad...Sorry..:maddening:

So? One of the witnesses said Nancy would enter the house by going opening the garage door and going through the garage.

Yes, but IIRC, didn't Brad himself say he used the service door? Speaking from experience, we don't use the auto. garage door opener if people are sleeping in the house. It makes quite a bit of noise, especially in the bedroom/s right above the garage. JMO.

Yes..she said she would enter the house that way..not leave that way..and also she had the habit of leaving her car in the driveway..NOT the garage..which is where (garage) it was that day when police got there..IIRC

I get that carolinalady...however..it was obvious to them (FBI) data had been deleted..usage just didnt match what they found...and I think Defense is attempting to say it was the FBI who screwed up..no possibility that Brad did something to the phone??????...

IIRC the phone apparantly was found IN Momma Coopers purse..not on the counter as Mr. T said..tho may be wrong there????

What I think he said is that it was found on the counter in the purse. That made it confusing because he should have said in the purse on the counter. It made it sound like the phone was on the counter. That's what I took from it anyway.

Yes..she said she would enter the house that way..not leave that way..and also she had the habit of leaving her car in the driveway..NOT the garage..which is where (garage) it was that day when police got there..IIRC

Here vehicle was in the driveway. His vehicle was not home when police got there.

What I think he said is that it was found on the counter in the purse. That made it confusing because he should have said in the purse on the counter. It made it sound like the phone was on the counter. That's what I took from it anyway.

:floorlaugh:Can I say excited utterances by Mr. T..He sure does animated and excited,,often mistates or gets thing less than clearly stated..:fence:

Wasn't that Brad's car that was in the garage after nancy 'went missing'? Unless Nancy took a remote with her on her jog, she wouldn't have been able to close the door after herself. Me, I usually use the front door, cause my garage door remote is usally in the bottom of my purse. Not handy to me. When I'm with my husband, he uses his remote. We don't park in our garage, it has a huge, maple gate-leg dining room table I purchased on craigslist. I really need to refinish the top of it someday.

Here vehicle was in the driveway. His vehicle was not home when police got there.

I guess I may be confused then, sorry..I thought IIRC Brad said he cleaned out the garage so she could get her car into the garage?..Must have gotten things mixed up..Sorry:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member