State v Bradley Cooper 03/31/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so frustrating. I don't like the way they zero in on things like the cell phone history when it is irrelevent. Not everyone knows everything about cell phones, even engineers, even if they work with Cisco.

My son is an engineering student with a 3.7gpa. He'd be livid if he knew I was talking about him but I want to make a point. I just talked to him and asked him if he could get to his voice mail on his cell phone. No.....why? I don't need to. But, if I asked you to learn to use it could you? no.....why? Because maybe I would like to leave you a message sometime? He's never botherd to set it up, doesn't know how. Anyone "knows" he could if he wanted to. He has no interest because he checks call history, or missed calls, and just calls people back if need be. Well, it could as easily work the other way. If you just check voice mail, anything important to you will be left there, and there may be no reason to access call history. If you don't do it you don't know how.

So just because this BC is an expert at Cisco with phone, internet, whatever technology, and may have 20 different phones for all I know, doesn't mean he knows or cares how to access his call history.

I have a relative that's a surgeon but I bet he doesn't know how to use all the different medical devicesl. It just irks me that people think it is so weird BC couldn't access call history.

One other thing, my son, I also asked him if his phone had a sim card......you don't even want to know:( So, Detective Young, don't feel bad about that one at all.

My other son, majoring in social sciences, can figure out anyones cell phone in a matter of seconds probably. Computers too Definately would know about sim cards. He's a few years younger than the engineering one, and whenever the engineering one wanted to watch a movie on the DVR, or HD player, until the last couple of years, the younger one would do it for him because the older one just didn't know how. As soon as the younger one went away to college, the older one learned immediately. Go figure.

My point is I hope that BC doesn't get convicted on evidence such as not knowing how to acces call history, cleaning out his garage, his car, buying juice, making notes, but instead on concrete facts. Either they have it or they don't. As my son told me, he'd rather see 100 guilty ones go free than 1 innocent one go to prison just because he appears guilty. Can you imagine spending your life in prison just because things didn't go your way?

By the way, I hope my husband makes it home tonight. I cleared out part of my garage so I can get my car back into it because I had the sunroof open on my car Monday which was not in my garage, realized it last night when I drove to the drug store at 8:30 pm, was cleaning it out some while in the parking lot there at the drug store, no reason, just because, back and forth to the trash can with wet trash, saw a group of about 5 firemen and commented to them about how my husband was going to be so upset (but he wasn't), about my car being soaked, took it to be detailed today where it is still at hopefully getting dried out, have some old clothing in my trash here, too worn for good will, and still mixed up shoes missing mates in my closet. Doomed.

I don't think the FBI tech guys are undercover for this one. If so, I will leave work and drive to the court room with an iPad to give everyone a play-by-play.

I don't think any of the folks here could live without that particular rundown.

I hope they are not but somebody here mentioned it. I'm not sure where that information came from.

Bc drinking beer night of 7/12.

Yep - one more li'l detail, folks. They are starting to come together -- and they are making a little pile of circumstantial evidence that will reach that Critical Mass....

I say again, it's not just one thing, but a pile of little things that stick like glue.

The Search Warrant returned on March 4th,2011 states that the Samsung Blackjack was owned by Cisco. The warrant was served on Cisco because the phone had been in property.

The other phone was in his mom's purse. FYI, it was also a Black Jack, but was a Black Jack II. It only would have been out a few months at the time of his arrest.

Also, the deletion of the Cisco encryption key most likely would have torpedoed the lifetime minutes. The Black Jack is a pain in the butt to remove any type of proprietary software/information from.

An additional phone? When did we hear that?

I hope they are not but somebody here mentioned it. I'm not sure where that information came from.

There was a whole lot of scheduling/out-of-order/special arrangements made early on, so it could be the case. I love how they went to tons of trouble to knock out our access to them, then wral.com and newsandobserver.com published photos of them (the undercovers) talk about special.

I find this hard to believe. Can you sleep in a necklace? Ican't when people who I know to be runners, do not run with neclaces on. I also have seen pic's with her not having a necklace on. The main pick on webslueths for example. Of course I don't know if this picture was taken before or after she recieved the necklace. I also would think that if this was a gift from her hated husband, why would she wear it?

Because, as Nancy said when she made her case for him to get them for her, "I have earned it." They chose the less expensive one & bought it. So, to her, they were earned and not a gift.

Charles Ng was extradited from Canada and is on death row at San Quentin.

Ohhh I just looked at that..and yepper He is..TGoodness...But have to wonder why Canada allowed the extradition..then again it took years and years to get him into court..Maybe (dont know) but maybe there was a expiry date ( ??) or maybe they had further murders they added after the fact in order to change the charges..I dont care really..DP is too good for this guy..and the costs incurred were horrendous..His case made a mockery of the System..and cost the system a bundle!!

Anyway..Brad, even being Canadian..You serve your sentence in the Country of the offense (in general)..but (of course it goes on a case by basis) as I have heard other Countries allowing the homeland to take the felon...MAybe to save $$..but in this case..Brad will be left in US..as DP isnt even on the table to my knowledge..and dont shoot me..but I do think there could be a case for 2nd degree..as committed under extreme anger or whatevers...Either way..K and B have lost both their parents..Thankful they have gandma and grandpa and sis Krista :innocent:

The necklace wasn't taken by LE until October. That gave him 3 months, if he needed to get it repaired.

Why would he take it? I guess that could be lots of reasons. Make it look like a robbery (too bad he forgot the earrings), it's mine I paid for it, sell it later, maybe he thought he might need it when he began wooing his next conquest, etc.

I think he ripped it off her neck. He was in hate mode, too.
We'll never know....

Yep - one more li'l detail, folks. They are starting to come together -- and they are making a little pile of circumstantial evidence that will reach that Critical Mass....

I say again, it's not just one thing, but a pile of little things that stick like glue.

I'm getting a better feel for things too. I just hope and pray the jury has understood, and will continue to stay invested, in the testimony. And I hope they will have the power to put all the pieces together when they need to.

The spending was on both parties, anyone who denies that isn't being realistic.

I'd like to hear more about the 24000(?) balance that was rang up on a cc one year. Was that just her card or both of theirs?

BC talks about it in the depo. He said that NC had rung up 24K and he had rung up 17K in ONE YEAR on their credit card. They re-fi'ed, IIRC, to pay off that debt.

(can you imagine???)

Charles Ng was extradited from Canada and is on death row at San Quentin.

Didn't Charles Ng get LWOP? How did he manage to bypass the 'no extradition for DP cases/Canada'? I've forgotten? I thought he got LWOP terms of the extradition.

I think he ripped it off her neck. He was in hate mode, too.
We'll never know....

I concur. That would explain the "faint" lines that the ME thought he could see.... he wasn't sure... then BC replaced the chain... damage control, or so he thought.

An additional phone? When did we hear that?

There were 3 cells phone total we have heard about

Brad personal 1196 (ending)
Cisco work 2721 (ending)
Nany's BB Pearl 4447 (ending)

Their home phone~ 1511 (ending)

Those are the numbers that they have been tracking and attempting to link to activities leading up to and post missing..then murder...

I agree that it is a pretty basic function of a phone and I'm surprised that he wouldn't know about it. I also don't know why he'd ask about it if he really knew how to do it. If he knew how and was just going to go delete something from the call record, why not do it? Bringing it up with an acquaintance only draws attention to it.

On the not knowing stuff, I'm still surprised that a police officer who sometimes does forensic previews of cell phones doesn't know what a SIM card is.

Well, considering that Det. Young erased Nancy's entire phone since he didn't know what a SIM card is, the phone information really becomes sketchy anyway. Of course, Det. Young also said all that information could be retrieved from the cell provider.

BC talks about it in the depo. He said that NC had rung up 24K and he had rung up 17K in ONE YEAR on their credit card. They re-fi'ed, IIRC, to pay off that debt.

(can you imagine???)

That's awesome, in a very negative way.

Witness walked dog 6-6:45AM on 7/12. Noticed wide open garage door upon return @ 6:45. Didn't notice # of cars.

Another one of those pesky little details....it means nothing alone, but it just adds to the growing pile...

I don't even think Lochmere is that nice of a neighborhood at all. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Old, run down houses, WAY too close together...

I think a bunch of those type neighborhoods were thrown together with a 20 year or so life span before everything goes to pot. Our neighborhood in Eastern NC is the same way.

Seems like state is trying to make a deal about garage door open, but I don't find the significance.

You will....just wait...

icon7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members