Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NCSU,

Yes I agree the Coopers were in a highly dysfunctional relationship and yes, they did feed off each other. It was a bad match and became untenable. And instead of just ending it and each moving on to build happier lives with better partners, it came crashing to a tragic and needless end.

The level of dysfunction, anger, passive-aggressiveness, hatred and all of it only provides more 'motive' for Brad to want to rid himself of his wife, the financial constraints from a divorce, and the bitter/angry confrontations. Yes, he did have motive. I can't pretend otherwise. He clearly did.

He also had opportunity and that is not disputed.

And we know he had the strength and capability of strangling her (the means).

That doesn't mean the state has proved the legal case yet (they haven't). Yet.

But to say *nothing* so far has been shown to point towards guilt is simply not correct.

What evidence so far links him to the trial? I'm not talking how he was acting or other people opinion. I'm talking about evidence that directly links him.

They never looked off of Fielding Drive but Brad has searches on his computer in the early morning hours of July 12th for that area? That's another possible reason that I've seen thrown out there.

And you've seen that where?

They never looked off of Fielding Drive but Brad has searches on his computer in the early morning hours of July 12th for that area? That's another possible reason that I've seen thrown out there.

That could be true, I suspect we will find out. That's a good point, they didn't look that way as they wanted to head more toward Cisco and stay within a price range that was below what houses on Fielding were going for. So yeah I think you are on to something there Sherlock :D

And you've seen that where?

It was a speculation. That's why there was a question mark following it. I was answering the question regarding a possible reason for having the real estate agent on the stand other than the July 10th phone call.

I agree, my thought was they either found searches or visits to the Toll Brothers website on the computer. The closer they get it to the 12th, the better for the state.

Why did she stop sleeping with him 2 years ago though? Doesn't excuse the affair, I think the poster is trying to say he wasn't getting nothing at home which is what led him down the 'affair' path (if that was the only one).

That came from Brad.

Since Brad has been shown to be a liar, I don't automatically believe anything that comes from him.

And if she had stopped, then he should have gone to counseling with Nancy, or separated. Getting a little something on the side may be seen by some as an okay thing to do, but then why stay married if only to then cheat?

Just curious why people find it so horrible that BC had an affair when NC hadnt had sex with him since before the birth of their 2nd child? Also, not sure I unerstand why NC would be bothered by the fact that he did when she didnt want to be with him sexually.

I would say since she asked for a STD test AFTER the affair was admitted to, then obviously there had to be sex somewhere in the time frame of just before and after the sexual affair. If she didn't have sex with him prior to the affair and didn't have sex with him after the affair occurred, then she wouldn't have a need for a STD test.

Kissing, fondling on one instance in the car, oral sex in the car on a different date followed up with a romp in the closet on a different date. Any sexual contact more than once constitutes an ongoing affair to me and not a one-night stand or one-time thing.

Wonder if HM, the object of Brad's affection is on the witness list?

I would say since she asked for a STD test AFTER the affair was admitted to, then obviously there had to be sex somewhere in the time frame of just before and after the sexual affair. If she didn't have sex with him prior to the affair and didn't have sex with him after the affair occurred, then she wouldn't have a need for a STD test.

If Nancy shared this with her ob/gyn the doctor would recommend she have an STD test and more!

They ARE related to her murder because had Nancy not been murdered, you (and we) never would have heard of her, or known anything about her life (and her death). Her very murder and news of the case was the impetus for you (and all of us) knowing all that we now know and is the basis for the feelings you have about her.

How many times does it need to be stated that Nancy spent a lot of $$$? 10? 20? 100? 1,000? To what end? That it's some rationale for her being dead? and then what? At what point does it no longer matter what Nancy spent, how Nancy felt, or whether her house was neat enough?

It becomes non-important when it is no longer being used to paint a picture of the accused as a money obsessed, control freak who left the house messy and infested with bugs, I guess.

I personally believe her friends are supporting her and testifying with the knowledge that they had, however, more and more the testimonies are pointing towards that knowledge not being as accurate as they thought.

What evidence so far links him to the trial? I'm not talking how he was acting or other people opinion. I'm talking about evidence that directly links him.

He was the last person to have seen (100%) NC alive.

They (the prosecution) are removing the avenue of innocence from Brad searching the Fielding Dr location on his computer (WHEN this comes into evidence).

The Coopers didn't look for houses in that new subdivision. We have the testimony on that. The prices were outside their range. That too is in testimony. If Brad was doing searches on or around the time of his wife's murder, it wasn't because he was looking to buy a house there. It will be linked to the disposal of the body, IMHO.

Wonder if HM, the object of Brad's affection is on the witness list?

Maybe not, but his SWORN testimony in the deposition will come in and he outlined it nicely there. Of course, the defense is going to say he lied in his deposition about a few things - this might be one of them. Oh, I hope they say he lied in his deposition and then I hope to see charges of perjury added to mr. bradley's criminal record.

Not necessarily. Remember NC had at least one affair of her own. She may have told her OB/GYN it was because her husband cheated, but that doesn't mean much.

Plus the person NC had an affair with had other affairs, and those other affairs were known to NC per the exterminator's testimony. So the STD testing makes sense even if she had not been sleeping with BC in years.

Another point - do people believe BC was lying about not having had sex with his wife since his youngest daughter was conceived? Why would he lie about that?

I've thought the same thing. I've known married people whose spouse has a mistress, to their full knowledge, and could care less.

But my thought is NC viewed her affair as a one-time drunken fling, and viewed BC's affair with her best friend as the ultimate betrayal.

It's not logical, but none of us are always logical.

She may have thought it was the ultimate betrayal or she may have thought it was finally the info she needed to get the most out of the divorce. I tend to think it was less of an emotional issue because of the way it was broadcast.

Another point - do people believe BC was lying about not having had sex with his wife since his youngest daughter was conceived? Why would he lie about that?

I have no idea why he might have, if he did, lie about that. But I also have no idea, other than because of money, why he did not let Nancy and the girls leave in April as he agreed to do. He agreed, so the girls can be ruled out as the reason for his change of attitude.

Not necessarily. Remember NC had at least one affair of her own. She may have told her OB/GYN it was because her husband cheated, but that doesn't mean much.

Plus the person NC had an affair with had other affairs, and those other affairs were known to NC per the exterminator's testimony. So the STD testing makes sense even if she had not been sleeping with BC in years.

I still have seen no evidence of NC having an affair. None. Where is it?

Just curious why people find it so horrible that BC had an affair when NC hadnt had sex with him since before the birth of their 2nd child? Also, not sure I unerstand why NC would be bothered by the fact that he did when she didnt want to be with him sexually.

Do we REALLY know that she didn't have sex with him in over two years? I don't recall anyone confirming this, but I could be wrong. I only recall hearing it in the opening statement...and, as SG said, if they were unhappy, then DIVORCE. Don't have an affair, or worse, commit murder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018