Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh darn. Right off the bat........
The bug expert just said he didn't have much confidence in the way the bug evidence was collected and his data may not be 100 percent.

Actually, he said he didn't have confidence in his time estimates.

Did he just say 'not enough insect activity to suggest a sexual assault?' Because those insects seek out traumatized areas of the body. Interesting.

Actually, he said he didn't have confidence in his time estimates.

Well, the same end result. I understand that you are waiting for hard evidence, and I am too. I thought this man was going to be the beginning of it.

Well, the same end result. I understand that you are waiting for hard evidence, and I am too. I thought this man was going to be the beginning of it.

Right. But quickly dismissed by the defense, just like the geologist.

Significant variation when the eggs were laid. Could of been 6am, could of been 11am.

Can't the state get someone that conclusively state it was one thing vs another?

Well, that's the end of that. Could have been at 6AM.....could have been at 11AM.

He said the eggs could have been laid at 6 am that day or 11 am that day--July 12.

Me too. Theme/pattern of prosecution's case: bring someone to the stand where it looks like they'll provide a very solid piece to the puzzle, but then have it turn out to be nothing. DNA, bugs, dirt, etc... What else?

I sure wouldn't want anyone I loved being sent to prison for life based on anything I've seen or heard... Would any of you?

This Dr. Watson has his own integrity to protect so there isn't any way he's going out on a limb for the prosecution. And I don't blame him, no body wants to be the laughing stock within his own professional community.
Like the DNA guy from NC State back in the OJ murder trial. One the second day of his testimony he had to admit in live court that he made a mistake in his math and all of his numbers were wrong. I felt very sorry for him.

Me too. Theme/pattern of prosecution's case: bring someone to the stand where it looks like they'll provide a very solid piece to the puzzle, but then have it turn out to be nothing. DNA, bugs, dirt, etc... What else?

I sure wouldn't want anyone I loved being sent to prison for life based on anything I've seen or heard... Would any of you?

We have ALL said we didn't want an innocent person going to prison.

Poor Nancy. That she was there, that day, with only a red and black jogging bra on.... the blowflies laying larvae in her as the day gets hotter. The possibilities are just as much 6 am as 11 am, apparently. Can't say for sure either way.

Surprised Cummings is doing the questioning of Ms. Lister vs. Fitzhugh?

What is the strategy for calling these witnesses. I have watched alot of trials and im perplexed.

Surprised Cummings is doing the questioning of Ms. Lister vs. Fitzhugh?

I am too. I think Amy would have been much, much more effective.
I dread having to sit through Cummings slow and ahh, umm, style.

Is this bouncing between technical testimony and emotional testimony not confusing to the jury?

Too bad the slow-talking ADA is questioning Krista. It's obvious Krista is very uncomfortable and I'm sure she wants this over as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah