State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not assuming one occurred. I'm saying we have no idea if one occurred or not.

But you can't prove a negative. If a sexual assault did not occur, there is no proof. In this case there is no proof. To try to assume that a SA occured with no proof at all is just wrong. IMO

I'm not assuming one occurred. I'm saying we have no idea if one occurred or not.

Dr Butts had an idea....he said there was no evidence of a sexual attack.
Of course there is never "proof" unless semen is deposited or the genitals are torn. In this case, neither.

Exactly. I stopped what I was doing work wise to watch that testimony. I was on the edge of my seat ready to hear exactly what he did with those calls. And it was listening to work voicemails. Honestly, that isn't something someone does right after murdering their wife while still trying to cover it up. The first call was made a few minutes before the call from Nancy. It had to be legitimate work calls. And I simply can't believe he would mix the 2 at the same time.

Listening to voicemails after murdering his wife is EXACTLY what I would expect him to do. It was done and over and he wanted to resume life as normal. That's my opinion. That's why his sudden urge to do work so early in the morning is even that much more suspicious to me.

As for the last part, they indicated he left the "Test 1 2 3" voicemail. So thanks for your insight into this. My thoughts on the 2nd voicemail is that he dialed back in to re-listen to the message. The first one was in his vehicle while driving. The 2nd was on his Cisco phone at home (if I remember correctly) and he pressed 1 1. I believe that replays the messages. So, if he was driving and heard a message about an issue, when he got home, it would make sense for him to re-listen to the message to make sure of the details. If that was indicating a problem with conferencing and/or voicemail, the details would be important.

Other than that, and this is a completely serious question, what on earth would he accomplish by making those calls into the Alpha system? To me, the scenario I described is the only thing that makes sense. If you have some other scenario that makes sense with this order of calls, when he called, and the buttons he pushed, please put it out here. This is why I'm no longer on the fence. It just doesn't make sense for it to be anything else (that and the fact that the prosecution has no real evidence...at least so far).

I believe the calls were made to simply make it look like a normal type of day and to possibly leave a trail of his activity during these hours as being work related. I believe if BC was truly engaged in work related activities that morning then the defense will have witnesses to testify that they notified BC via email or vm of potential issues following the Ireland upgrade. If this is true then I believe that prosecutors would have made mention of this work related activity during their opening statements. We must believe that the defense is fully aware of all these calls during that am hours of 7/12 and they would have therefore explained them during their opening.

As I read the writ, I was struck by the "throw it and see if it sticks to the wall" approach used by Kurtz et.al. I was also struck by the timing. Wasn't this during jury selection?

I've changed coasts since college, so I don't know what type of coverage the filing of this writ received, but it may be another reason the judge was a tad disgruntled with the defense initially. Beats me...

I always need to remind myself that our justice system is adversarial. The defense's responsibility is to make the prosecution "prove" its assertions. The defense is seldom limited in the lengths they can go to try to establish reasonable doubt. Kurtz IS a seasoned defense attorney, obviously.

The assertions in the petition were just that assertions. The defense did not need to provide proof for any of the allegations the writ contained. I was sad for NC's family and pictured her daughters some day researching the case. What a tangled web we weave or something like that!

The prosecution has done a whole lot more "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" than the defense. Look, his shoes from Harris Teeter were never found. But look we found white mica on these other shoes and here is our expert to tell you about it despite the chemical makeup being different. And look...he had vegitation in the wheel well, except it was a blade of grass. And look, there was a hair in his trunk...except it was a fiber from the trunk itself. And look, this witness is going to tell us all about how much of an expert they are and then tell us they found nothing.

Listening to voicemails after murdering his wife is EXACTLY what I would expect him to do. It was done and over and he wanted to resume life as normal. That's my opinion. That's why his sudden urge to do work so early in the morning is even that much more suspicious to me.

Hmmm. I don't see that at all.
These VM were too close to the 6:40 call to be 'normal behavior' after murder.

Before I head out for the night..I just wish to remind you all that strangulation is noted to be a personal or intimate crime..Assaults that end badly usually end up in trauma.....So given circumstantial evidence pointing at Brad.It does NOT look good...Just my thoughts and beliefs at this point..
I truly feel for the Rentz Family, and do not ever wish those kids to be brought into this nightmare..FAR too young :maddening:.. SOODI defense will not cut it for the jury IMO and you never know just one itty bitty piece any juror will grasp a their defining point...I have NOT heard as yet who else had motive, opportunity and motive..

With that I will say Good night to all..Its been a pleasure (mostly)..Will catch ya all tomorrow :eek:fftobed:

I believe the calls were made to simply make it look like a normal type of day and to possibly leave a trail of his activity during these hours as being work related. I believe if BC was truly engaged in work related activities that morning then the defense will have witnesses to testify that they notified BC via email or vm of potential issues following the Ireland upgrade. If this is true then I believe that prosecutors would have made mention of this work related activity during their opening statements. We must believe that the defense is fully aware of all these calls during that am hours of 7/12 and they would have therefore explained them during their opening.

But why were they never mentioned? If they were part of the cover up, he would have mentioned them. The first we have heard of what those calls actually were was 4 weeks into his trial.

There is something else noteworthy (IMO) from today. I thought of it as I read the posts tonight. In the emails between BC and NC that were shared today, BC actually appeared to be trying to cooperate. He NEVER ONCE sounded abusive in the emails, and I have to believe that if there was even one email where he did belittle or berate Nancy, it would have been presented today. Examples:

2/08 BC to NC -- Please open an account in your name. He then talks about agreeing on an amount to deposit regularly. NC to BC--I can't without a SS # --found out when I called today.

BC to NC- email about child's BDay party where he talked about plans, etc and he thought they could afford it.

4/06/08- BC to NC You should be able to get $100 monthly (something to do with Ontario childcare supplement)

4/09/08 - BC to NC (CC'd her Dad) Email sounding like he was trying to best figure out how to help with painting, packing, childcare, prep for her move. He received "rebuttal" email from NC telling him how he always offered but never followed through on the help.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the tone of BC's emails was always civil. Every time. I find that interesting, considering all the testimony we've heard so far.

The prosecution has done a whole lot more "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" than the defense. Look, his shoes from Harris Teeter were never found. But look we found white mica on these other shoes and here is our expert to tell you about it despite the chemical makeup being different. And look...he had vegitation in the wheel well, except it was a blade of grass. And look, there was a hair in his trunk...except it was a fiber from the trunk itself. And look, this witness is going to tell us all about how much of an expert they are and then tell us they found nothing.

on the other hand this could be done to simply show a thorough investigation. What is presumed at the time of finding was investigated to reveal exactly what is was.

Wasn't scott peterson making some sort of tool, building something, right after he killed Laci? Killing time, waiting to dump the body?

he said there was no evidence of a sexual attack.

no where in the autopsy report does he ever say that.

and yea...the pros has been using the 'throw it on the wall and see if it sticks' approach.
What is presumed at the time of finding was investigated to reveal exactly what is was.

not until AFTER the defense cross examined them to tell the whole story.

Wasn't scott peterson making some sort of tool, building something, right after he killed Laci? Killing time, waiting to dump the body?

While she was still a missing person (the next night?) I believe he invited a neighbor over for dinner.

Originally Posted by DogWood
Emailed her the day she was found...
--------------------------------------------------
Now, how transparent is that???

Just where did BC think she was gonna be to get this email?
I would love for BC to have to answer this question. Sometimes one can go a bit too far with a cover-up....

So the email reading Friday night turned out to be a big pile of nothing (like much of this case)? They didn't even indicate what the email was, just that he read it at 9:32? But that was going to be the smoking gun because it was the email that put him in a murderous rage. So did we actually learn anything today other than Brad was a bad husband and had affairs and read her emails?

I bet they did not indicate what the email was because it probably had something to do with WORK. Much like the phone calls and voicemails he checked on July 12th....having to do with WORK. The prosecution has nothing but a bunch of gossip and evidence that BC and NC had a terrible marriage.

This is what stumps me.... I have 2 small children, right around the same age that BC and NC's children were in 2008. There is no way I could open and close my automatic garage door so many times in 1 evening without them waking up.

As the prosecution states: BC killed NC in the foyer (kids stay asleep). BC puts body in car in the garage, open the garage (kids asleep). Closes the garage. Comes home. Goes to Harris Teeter (opens and closes garage). Comes home (opens and closes garage). Goes back out to Harris Teeter (opens and closes garage). Kids sleep through the entire time and do not wake up. IMPOSSIBLE. Do you really think a 2 and 4 year old could sleep through all of this and stay home alone? No way! BC and / or NC was with them the entire time. They were not left alone. Hence, NC was home at 7 am until she went running. That is just my opinion

Just where did BC think she was gonna be to get this email?
I would love for BC to have to answer this question. Sometimes one can go a bit too far with a cover-up....

She could have logged on at a friends if she stopped by and was hiding there...you dont have to be at your house to see email you know? he could have been emailing in case she ran away...in case he thought she may check it. she could have been out and about with one of her flings she obviously had or skipped the country. there are numerous reasons why he may have emailed her.

it shows ME that he still thought she was alive or sent it just in case she had skipped out.

^EXACTLY!!!!
the kids would have said "we woke up and didnt see mommy or daddy!" and you know the pros would have used that as evidence...but when the kid says that she saw her mom that morning...they dont allow that.

thats what makes me think that the judge and pros are dirty...not playing fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14