State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All emails received at Nancy's email address were intended for her alone.

Not according to her family...they saved it in their own email as BRAD AND NANCY COOPER

not Nancy or Nanner or even Nan.

as for the eye witness accounts...it was two different people talking about two different accounts and events and neither one said that Brad said or did anything abusive just that it was Nancy ridiculing Brad. trying to be father of the year or something like that

Do you think that the defense will call these other 2 to testify? Would this be an attempt to discredit the 2 witnesses called by the prosecution?

I'm not sure about the 4th witness. I know there have been 3 witnesses to the parking lot fights that have testified to date.

Not according to her family...they saved it in their own email as BRAD AND NANCY COOPER

not Nancy or Nanner or even Nan.

as for the eye witness accounts...it was two different people talking about two different accounts and events and neither one said that Brad said or did anything abusive just that it was Nancy ridiculing Brad. trying to be father of the year or something like that

Too bad you missed the trial today.
If you were there you would understand what the real facts are.

I do not have a theory about who killed her or how she died.

Fair enough, its hard to come up with alternative theories since we haven't seen the defense's evidence yet.

Given all of this circumstantial evidence, I expect Kurtz will try to plant alternatives to Brad being the murderer during their case, unless they think the prosecution's case is so weak as to preclude a conviction, in which case they will decline to defend. This would be a bold move but it might work.

A very confident defense will submit the case to the jury without putting a defense on. Sometimes that works with jurys in circumstantial cases. For example in the Scott Peterson case, I think the defense hurt themselves through much of their own evidence.

The onus is on the state, and I think they have proven it beyond a reasonable doubt, but if you take some of the popular opinion being raised on the interwebs (and I don't just mean the site I'm told not to mention), there are a lot of heavy doubters.

Please, explain then since you were apparently there and know more than I.

Emails to Nancy were sent to her RR account.
Emails to Brad were sent to his Cisco account.

Each had their own private email account or at least thought they did. Nancy's account had been altered so that her emails were secretly intercepted and forwarded to the defendant's email address, while still retaining a copy in Nancy's account, so she would not know every email was getting secretly forwarded. In every case shown today by the FBI witness, each intercepted email was addressed only to Nancy. If Brad was supposed to get any email legitimately, that also went to Nancy, his cisco email address was put on the recipient list, along with Nancy's address. the fbi witness went into detail showing the complete email headers and how he determined the sequence of the email forwarding, who they were sent to, how they were sent, and if the defendant read them or not.

all of that is here-say about her getting in fights with him and what not.

I respectfully beg to differ.

There are sworn affidavits on file from several folks who witnessed the argument at the pre-school, and some affidavits and/or testimony regarding hearing an argument which by accounts became loud and/or profane.

Hearsay is when you report something as fact that you were told by someone else, not when you are a witness to or have presonal knowledge of. Also heasay is not always inadmissible in court, it depends upon the situation.

See details on hearsay evidence being admitted into court in the Manson trial for more details.

Now, I have hedged my bet here a bit, because I am sure there are affidavits where this was reported under oath, but I am not sure if there has also been testimony or if the affidavits have been admitted into evidence yet.

They have already testified so I don't know how that works. Can the defense call them as well?

Sorry, you mentioned 4 witnesses, 2 that already testified and 2 others that have sworn statements. I am asking about the 2 that have sworn statements, will these 2 be called by defense?

Fair enough, its hard to come up with alternative theories since we haven't seen the defense's evidence yet.

Given all of this circumstantial evidence, I expect Kurtz will try to plant alternatives to Brad being the murderer during their case, unless they think the prosecution's case is so weak as to preclude a conviction, in which case they will decline to defend. This would be a bold move but it might work.

Kurtz already listed a laundry list of suspects......

SP, CD, BW, FaceBook stalker or a maybe van of Hispanics out for a joy ride.

Wonder who he will zero in on when he presents evidence? The jury wants to know motive and opportunity , not remote and bizarre possibilities.

they already said that he didnt have ANYTHING on the evidence list that could be used to automate a call.
But they proved that he had access to equipment that could.

In the hypothetical: Let's say a defendant is shown to have had access to a .22, and the victim was shown to have been killed by a .22, and no one can produce the .22 that the defendant had access to. Does the prosecution say, well he did a good job hiding the evidence, so I guess we have to drop the case?

Sorry, you mentioned 4 witnesses, 2 that already testified and 2 others that have sworn statements. I am asking about the 2 that have sworn statements, will these 2 be called by defense?

Sorry I wasn't clear. 2 testified as witnesses to the argument. 2 others stated they witnessed it in their affidavit but at least one did not testify to it in court when they were on the witness stand.

Anyone in the courtroom today....can you share the mood of the court, the jurors reactions, or any other observations? TIA

The media ran a story when this first came about, in '09 I think and I'm positive it listed a 10:30PM call that he would have received that night. I thought this would be the "smoking gun" and really about the only thing he lied about in his depo. (aside from we now know, his relationship w/the French girl). So is it true, there was no 10:30PM call? What are we supposed to believe set him into a rage that night? He had known about the separation agreement since April, right?

Also, what you're describing about how civil he was in his emails goes along with what I brought up the other day, how he never trashed her to anyone. He never said a negative thing about her to anyone. (as far as we have seen). This just does not seem like someone who would commit murder.

Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking, Michael Peterson...

But they proved that he had access to equipment that could.

In the hypothetical: Let's say a defendant is shown to have had access to a .22, and the victim was shown to have been killed by a .22, and no one can produce the .22 that the defendant had access to. Does the prosecution say, well he did a good job hiding the evidence, so I guess we have to drop the case?

Not just access to....it is a fact he had the equipment working in his house in the months prior to the murder.

Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking, Michael Peterson...

Jason Young's family and close friend told us he hiked the Appalachian trail, was a boy scout, was a great daddy, loved his mama.....NO WAY would such a fine, upstanding guy murder his wife and unborn son.

Well, we know how that tuned out too.

Except for the fact that Unity, voicemail system, could be used to trigger an automated call based upon a configurable delay timer. The length of the call is dependent upon the length of the voicemail. If such a system existed in the house then this system is quite independent of any Cisco system and thus no records would be seen on Cisco network. Could the Unity system be installed on a hard drive that existed in the powered off desktop? yes. Could the hard drive have been disposed of? yes. Does BC have the knowledge and accessibility to such gear? yes. Was the gear found in the house? no! Does this mean then that it is not possible?

:goodpost:

I think this was an awesome post Albert. Spot-on in my book.

While BC does not have to prove his innocence, and the state does have to prove him guilty there is no stronger evidence than the phone calls while he was known to be at HT that would prove his innocence.

Since those calls are so convenient about showing her still alive while he is obviously elsewhere, they do bear very close scrutny. I am leaning towards the calls being spoofed, and NC being on Fielding Drive long before the calls took place. I am still not 100% convinced, and I would love to find that he had not completed erased all of the tracks, but there are quite a few things about his movements and actions of the weekend that do not quite tally for me.

I have not heard a lot of support for him being all that great of a guy, so I can lay that aside for a bit, although it could, along with the Sep Agreement form something of a motive.

Now that I think about it, if NC were not deceased by 6:30 - 7:00, he might well have been better off leaving her at home and selling the story that someone entered the house while he was away, but he was pretty busy that morning and creative storytelling might not be his strong suit. Personally, I think TOD was long before 6:00, more like 1:00 to 4:00.

Hearing some argue that the calls could not have been spoofed because there was no equipment in the house when the warrant was issued is a pretty high bar to clear for evidence. It is like saying if the gun found in the house is not still smoking, there is no basis for charges. It defies logic if you surmise that all the cleaning done that morning was to cover evidence, that he would not also dispose of something that could tie him into a method for covering the calls that were supposedly made by NC that morning.

I recently took a statistics course. When you are calculating probabilities you add up all of the parts of whatever you are trying to determine.

So, it becomes very statistically unlikely that any one person is killed in a given day, and goes further down the list as you go through the alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14