State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I wasn't arguing...he just got he detective frustrated (and jumping to conclusions) on several answers.

IMO, Kurtz is pandering to the jury at this point. This should have a kitten-curious affect. (not effect)

I wonder who wanted to go home. Got one person here saying it means he's guilty, one person saying it means they think they ain't got nada.

Nice.

My guess is that it's an indication that they've made up their minds - i.e. they are done with the case. That's not a good sign for Brad and his team when they've only heard the bulk of the state's case, and it happened quite soon after the google maps bombshell.... Kurtz will be angry they've jumped to the same conclusion CDP did without investigating all the other possibilities. He might even call THEM incompetent....

In his two hours running around like a madmen, maybe that was one of his stops - to vacuum out his trunk...

I think these are legitimate questions. I have never known a car wash vaccum to be that good to remove all trace evidence.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Det. Daniels: The computer in Brad's office was used after 9:30pm on July 11. That didn't go w/ his story that he was asleep.

I don't recall the FBI testifying to this, that he was in his office, so Daniels is embellishing.

Yes

Kurtz will parade out his hired computer and telecom experts.
I guess he has his "eyewitnesses" that think they saw Nancy jogging.
These next 2 weeks will be painful for this jury.

And for us as well.

Has anyone here ever watched "The First 48 Hours"?..The reason I ask is because it is clear how investigations are done. And that Investigations are NOT micro managed, but are a team effort, putting their collective heads together to decide who should followup whom, and what lead etc...The Lead Detective is the one who coordinates them. He is NOT the sole provider of information.

I think some who believe DDaniels errored in his hand written notes because it differed from the typed update is really reaching to assume Malfeasance or corruption of some sort. IF anyone sat down with the handwritten notes from each and everyone present in an interview, they would be different indeed. What one thinks is important at that time may very well be different from another's impressions of same interview...Hence> Collaberations of all the minds together gives the "Totality" of what information is/was gleened etc..

Just my thoughts on that point... :twocents:

I have tried to watch that program many times in the past but just can't. I don't know why--I think it's because it's always the same-old, same-old.

Anyone else get the feeling that Kurtz is kind of out for himself in this trial, I think I've seen it referred to in here previously. With all the techie stuff in this trial I think he wants to be referred to in future cases that involve FBI data extraction and LE seizure of computers and other technical gadgets. I get the feeling he wants to be remembered as the "Father of Computer/Phone evidence" (probably a poor title) and how it can and can't be used in the courtroom. Sadly, I think he is being somewhat led and/or coached by a cold-blooded murderer in BC.

Anyone else get the feeling that Kurtz is kind of out for himself in this trial, I think I've seen it referred to in here previously. With all the techie stuff in this trial I think he wants to be referred to in future cases that involve FBI data extraction and LE seizure of computers and other technical gadgets. I get the feeling he wants to be remembered as the "Father of Computer/Phone evidence" (probably a poor title) and how it can and can't be used in the courtroom. Sadly, I think he is being somewhat led and/or coached by a cold-blooded murderer in BC.

I think we've mentioned aspects of your thoughts on here in the past. And yes, I think he is trying to make a name for himself. His past has been primarily representing drug cases so maybe he's trying to pull himself out of that awful place.
And we agree with the Brad's coaching him as well. We have noticed many times that during various cross examinations Brad making notes and shoving them to Kurtz. They have had 2 years to prepare for this trial and with Brad's background I'm certain he has been a huge party to Kurtz's line of questioning and defense.

Kurtz should hurry up and end this with DD. He is not making any points, but rather being very transparent that he trying to catch fish in a bath tub. He is under estimating this jury. JMO

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are alleging?

Your previous response was 'at this point, it won't matter to the jury' (paraphrasing) which leads me to believe in your mind it may have been relevant at some point. I was asking if that point would of been before the map search testimony.

If Stubbs talked to LEO or a DA before the depo and therefore had an indication of certain facts or circumstances surrounding the murder, and asks BC about them, and with lawyers present he chooses to forge ahead with statements that prove to be lies, he is excused exactly how?

The best way to avoid being convicted of murder between A and B?

A. Testify in deposition voluntarily but falsely and hope people sympathize that your lies were only transparent due to the preparation of the questioning attorney, or

B. Don't murder your wife.

I'll go with B, and perhaps at this point BC wishes he had too.

It does not excuse his lies, but I'm bothered (even if no one else is) of the power of the state (ie Cary PD) providing evidence and information, if true, to one side in the custody case, and not the other.

If for not other reason it appears that the state had made its mind up of the absolute guilt of the defendant in the Sept./Oct 2008 time frame BEFORE all evidence was in.

Yes, he may be guilty of murder(and I say may only because both side have not yet completed presenting evidence), but presumed actions by the state, if the defense can prove it, such as providing information to a civil attorney Stubbs that early in the discovery process, lends too much fodder to the defense argument of a "rush to judgment", and the state planting possibly incriminating evidence or destroying exculpatory evidence.

None of this has been shown or proven by the defense. But they are laying the foundation of this.

Again this may be the only stuff for the defense to hang there hat on, and it's a slim reed at best.........

Most people involved in investigations don't 'have the choice'. It's a missing person investigation, people are ALWAYS questioned at the PD. That's where they have their *stuff*. PHotos taken, swabs taken for DNA, etc. That's the normal routine followed. If the cops want to record a statement, their equipment is at the station.

Our constitutional rights give everyone of us the "choice" unless compelled by the courts.

Your previous response was 'at this point, it won't matter to the jury' (paraphrasing) which leads me to believe in your mind it may have been relevant at some point. I was asking if that point would of been before the map search testimony.

I have said from day one I believed Cooper was guilty.
I also said several weeks ago I would probably have to vote NG based on what I heard from the state.

Well the map certainly sealed it for me....signed , sealed and delivered...OVER.

As far as Kurtz and his performance today, he has been ineffective period.

Because, gasp, they're smarter and more clever than Brad??

:yes:

I always prefer to see evidence of those things. For example, if it could be proven Brad and Nancy both used that email account in the past, which we don't know, then that statement could be proven incorrect or Brad never using it, then that would be better than the FBI just saying it was hers and we just accepting it.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Det. Daniels: Brad said he slept in bed w/ daughters July 11. Family said that wasn't normal. It appeared he slept in his bed. #coopertrial
1 minute ago

---------------
But the Family lived in Canada and weren't typically at the home, and his room and bed was such a mess he could have not slept in it in a week and it still would have looked slept in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx