State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not excuse his lies, but I'm bothered (even if no one else is) of the power of the state (ie Cary PD) providing evidence and information, if true, to one side in the custody case, and not the other.

If for not other reason it appears that the state had made its mind up of the absolute guilt of the defendant in the Sept./Oct 2008 time frame BEFORE all evidence was in.

Yes, he may be guilty of murder(and I say may only because both side have not yet completed presenting evidence), but presumed actions by the state, if the defense can prove it, such as providing information to a civil attorney Stubbs that early in the discovery process, lends too much fodder to the defense argument of a "rush to judgment", and the state planting possibly incriminating evidence or destroying exculpatory evidence.

None of this has been shown or proven by the defense. But they are laying the foundation of this.

Again this may be the only stuff for the defense to hang there hat on, and it's a slim reed at best.........

I think it's fair to be concerned - esp after all the issues with the SBI crime lab and what the Innocence Commission has uncovered - along with the N&O.

I do think, however, that as open a book Nancy's life was with her friends, that is there was some other person that could be responsible here (and with the stink being made over the blackberry - defense is intimating is would not be random) I dhn't see how every piece of evidence could be destroyed, hidden, manipulated, etc. I think Trenkle and Kurtz would have been able to find / hire enough folks and "find the real killer" even though that's technically not their job. The best way to get your guy acquitted is to offer up a reasonable and logical argument that SODDI - and name the dude.

IMHO, that 's the nature of the beast. Going every little detail, slowly but surly, so nobody misses the point.

This really is what they do in REAL testimony in court. We're just used to computer speed.

JMHO
fran

That is also why I question so many of the things said, by both sides.

I'd guess perhaps because Brad didn't get/receive *any* personal emails at that address and Nancy did.

It's the "perhaps" that makes me wonder, I would like to know for sure. I can see him having an email for work, that is a given that she would not use, but it is not a given that at home they would not use just one.

What time is jury to be back from lunch?

Do they go out? Eat as a group? Have food brought in? Does the state pay?

My last case was a one day affair and they just turned us loose - wondered if this was the same.

I always prefer to see evidence of those things. For example, if it could be proven Brad and Nancy both used that email account in the past, which we don't know, then that statement could be proven incorrect or Brad never using it, then that would be better than the FBI just saying it was hers and we just accepting it.

My wife and I use the same e-mail account quite often, depending on which is open and active on whatever computer happens to be close. We also use each other Facebook accounts, sometimes for adding clever comments to each others' pages, sometimes to browse friends. We also use each others phones, cars and at times my wife wears my clothes. If either of us were to come up missing the electronic evidence would be very confusing to investigators...

OK so can someone explain this one to me...

While BC was busy in his office working on his laptop, killing his wife, cleaning up any and all trace of evidence, cleaning the garage, spoofing calls, running back and forth to Harris Teeter, disposing of a Santa's Sleigh worth of physical evidence, when exactly was he sleeping in his bed?

Don't forget taking care of the kids and doing laundry.

My wife and I use the same e-mail account quite often, depending on which is open and active on whatever computer happens to be close. We also use each other Facebook accounts, sometimes for adding clever comments to each others' pages, sometimes to browse friends. We also use each others phones, cars and at times my wife wears my clothes. If either of us were to come up missing the electronic evidence would be very confusing to investigators...

But it would be NORMAL for you... In the Cooper's case, she did not share her personal info with her husband, she locked her things in her car and/or bedroom, she felt as if her husband was listening in on phone calls, and it has been proven he hijacked her email accounts. You husband's use of your account may not draw any undue attention. The red hot spotlight was on Brad after finding out more information about what was and wasn't occurring in their marriage.

It is also VERY sad that the JUDGE has to clarify questions for Kurtz! He shouldn't have to do that!

I believe he has done this for both sides. If I remember correctly, he actually asked a witness several questions to clarify their testimony because he was confused and felt the jury might be as well. We were wondering on here if it was standard for a judge to ask questions of witnesses.

As long as you're not wearing her clothes - we're cool. :floorlaugh:

And - it appears you and your wife are happy and working as a team, joking around, etc. I would hazard a guess that your wife isn't barricading herself in the guest room to sleep, locking her passport in her car, and telling her friends she's leaving you. (unless you start wearing her clothes, I guess...)

Soooo many things can be explained when couples are getting along. It is such a different picture when they are not.

I think it's fair to be concerned - esp after all the issues with the SBI crime lab and what the Innocence Commission has uncovered - along with the N&O.

I do think, however, that as open a book Nancy's life was with her friends, that is there was some other person that could be responsible here (and with the stink being made over the blackberry - defense is intimating is would not be random) I dhn't see how every piece of evidence could be destroyed, hidden, manipulated, etc. I think Trenkle and Kurtz would have been able to find / hire enough folks and "find the real killer" even though that's technically not their job. The best way to get your guy acquitted is to offer up a reasonable and logical argument that SODDI - and name the dude.

Or even something as simple as produce the missing shoes. If it saved your client's neck, wouldn't you produce the shoes? Unless they're going to do a Michael Peterson and whip them out the last week of the trial and expect us to believe an aide just found them in a storage locker in Timbuktu.

But it would be NORMAL for you... In the Cooper's case, she did not share her personal info with her husband, she locked her things in her car and/or bedroom, she felt as if her husband was listening in on phone calls, and it has been proven he hijacked her email accounts. You husband's use of your account may not draw any undue attention. The red hot spotlight was on Brad after finding out more information about what was and wasn't occurring in their marriage.

Thanks, must be frustrating to have to restate facts and evidence over and over again to the newbies. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula