State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that they have to do all this administrivia garbage, but why they can't do it at a time the jury does not have to sit at the courthouse is what is a mystery to me. It's obviously not a 30 min exercise and there's no reason to waste the jury's time when they could be off doing something else for the day. Or meet in the evening. Something different.

It also seems the judge is somewhat biased (from first glance) which is absolutely a bad thing.

Do you remember what Gessner said earlier in the trial -- that because Kurtz & Co. had accused the CPD of botching, bungling, short-sightedness, etc., etc., he thought the CPD should be allowed to testify at length to show that they had kept good, detailed records and so on. That is why he has been the way he has. Kurtz made that bed and the Judge is letting him lie in it. It's not bias, it is fairness.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#CooperTrial jurors looking at evidence in the courtroom right now. WRAL is not allowed to record this. Will post more updates when possible

see he is already gearing up for an appeal, what is up with that...and really who cares about soap detergent

It is part of his job to preserve potential issues for an appeal. That is another reason many objections are made at trial -- to preserve the issue for appeal. In some states, btw, first degree murder convictions are required to be appealed.

Just wondering, if Brad is convicted, what kind of prison he goes to while the appeal is in process?

This is the first murder trial I've followed in this county/state. Don't recall this laying out of evidence onto buffet tables after state's case before. Is this typical in a trial in N.C.?

Do you remember what Gessner said earlier in the trial -- that because Kurtz & Co. had accused the CPD of botching, bungling, short-sightedness, etc., etc., he thought the CPD should be allowed to testify at length to show that they had kept good, detailed records and so on. That is why he has been the way he has. Kurtz made that bed and the Judge is letting him lie in it. It's not bias, it is fairness.

Yes, I thought the testimony regarding the doodling was the best example of the good, detailed records DD kept.

Um, work product of the CPD. So now is this going to include the copious notes of the VOIP expert Bradley Cooper being available to the prosecution?

This is the first murder trial I've followed in this county/state. Don't recall this laying out of evidence onto buffet tables after state's case before. Is this typical in a trial in N.C.?

Never heard of it before myself.

Any bets on just how fast they zoomed to those photo's of the Google search by Brad?....:floorlaugh:

Im sure they will have their trusty notebooks with them and make notes coordinating what they have with exhibit numbers..for quik reference IF they need to re-look at something during deliberations...

Yes, I thought the testimony regarding the doodling was the best example of the good, detailed records DD kept.

Or DD not recognizing his own handwriting. Or having any idea that a specific type of router is required to spoof a call. Or calling the writing of long sleeves instead of short sleeves a "typo". To name a few.

Now that the prosecution's case is over, I can officially say I am stunned this case came to trial. Not one shred of evidence that the jury can use to send a man to life in prison over.

I have to imagine every single one of those jurors already has varying degrees of doubt as of this moment, and the defense hasn't even called a single witness to create even more doubt.

I truly hoped to see a more solid case presented, but from the opening statement on, the prosecution failed woefully in my mind.

Now that the prosecution's case is over, I can officially say I am stunned this case came to trial. Not one shred of evidence that the jury can use to send a man to life in prison over.

I have to imagine every single one of those jurors already has varying degrees of doubt as of this moment, and the defense hasn't even called a single witness to create even more doubt.

I truly hoped to see a more solid case presented, but from the opening statement on, the prosecution failed woefully in my mind.

I would have agreed with you except for the google map search. I'm really curious what the defense has for that.

the State will put everything together on close and if Brad calls any witnesses the State will rip them apart in two or three questions, not two or three days

You could get slammed for not realizing that Detective Daniels is a brilliant genius who only doodles occasionally and Cary Police fully understood how to protect the data stored in a BlackBerry. Not by me, of course, but for you to not realize Brad is guilty based on the lead detective admitting he has NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE is just... well.. I don't know what's wrong with you.

I don't mind that the Defense is really making sure about the evidence coming in..what I have a problem with is the Fact he asks the same question (different wording) over and over and over and over and over again. I would never hire this defense team

But so many liked it when AS did it to BC during the deposition to try and trip him up, and the police use that tactic. DD is an experienced detective, he tells us, he should be able to handle it.

I would have agreed with you except for the google map search. I'm really curious what the defense has for that.

Obfuscation, bewilderment, confusion ...oh wait they all mean the same thing.:maddening:

I will not be a slave to Kutz I am going over to the couch!

I happen too find that Kurtz persuiting DD in work product comments rather silly, as he is playing to the camera only. Work product is just that. I will link a definition of it down abit..BUT Kurtz to ask why Daniels spoke to this person or other person..in following up what someone found, or said in a witness statement means nothing in of itself to the final picture...

Put the shoe on the other foot. IF Defense PI was asked why he spoke this person or that person, what they said to him/her and did you then go here or there..Why would you ask that question??..OF course its NOT allowed in court..as it is considered Work Product.
Kurtz is on a fishing expedition only!!.

2953.321 Divulging confidential investigatory work product.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2953.321

Kurtz is just playing to the camera and wasting Juror valuable time doing this. Isnt it enough he was given access to this and could see how the Investigation went down without asking silly questions..Wonder why he doesnt ask about the DEAD ENDS they got when following some lead they tried to confirm or backup with further information??

Shame that he is wasting this time..and I think the Judge is pi$$ with this!!

JMO on what this is all about??

I am not sure that relates to the defense not seeing it during discovery, that sounds more like they are protecting themselves if anything gets out because of a detective or LEO that talks too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966