State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, jA called non-emergency police number and told her story. Some point after that LEO was notified and told of the address. Do we know exactly what was told to LEO initially? Is it possible that JA's thoughts were not provided to the LEO responding to the scene?

Just lurking tonight, but Albert, you seem to be able to voice my thoughts in a much more coherent and articulate way. I awlays appreciate your insight!

Which lie is more extreme, CPD not fully understanding smartphone features or BC not knowing how to view call history on his blackberry?

BC was a VOIP engineer, not a cell phone expert. I never look at my call history, and actually hate the cell phone, but have to have it for work. Until the testimony about pushing the green I didn't know how to find the call history on my phone without fimbling around either. I will neve forget now.

What I meant was that the 6:05 was the set up to make a remote call. The Cisco guy said that the call to set it up would be 23 seconds. The call didn't come and at 6:25 he did some data check on his phone but whatever he set up with the 6:05 call didn't work. My speculation is that he went to "Plan B". All speculation based on trying to make sense of these three calls from the home phone to his cell phone.

I originally thought that as well...this was to be the call that set up his alibi but didn't work as it went to vm. I think now this was just a test call due to the time line...if this was to be the call he would have had to be out of the house before the call came. He would have left the house at 6:00 then...and he didn't get to HT until 6:21.

this is my prediction for tomorrow..if defense calls witness
3 very very very long hours of slow talking, and repetitive question by defense
followed by 15 minute rapid fire direct questions by the pros

then more slow ..slow talking then rapid fire direct

I hope I can stomach the defense side of the trial

I listened to JA's phone call. She sounded like a worried friend who wasn't sure if something happened to her friend or not. She answered questions posed by the female police officer on the other end--the person staffing the non-emergency police number. The computer report typed up and sent out to dispatch did not say anything about death or murder or anything beyond missing person, worried friend. I was in court that day so I heard the testimony. This JA pointing finger baloney came from little K's mouth, not from testimony.

Are you saying you didn't hear how hard she pushed that Brad was responsible?

So, jA called non-emergency police number and told her story. Some point after that LEO was notified and told of the address. Do we know exactly what was told to LEO initially? Is it possible that JA's thoughts were not provided to the LEO responding to the scene?

Actually JA did call non emergency line to report missing friend and her concerns, and asked for guidance...this person advised NOK had to be the one to report missing person, thus due to high level of concerns by JA, they attempted to contact Brad, the husband of the missing women..The rest is history..The police's call was not initially returned by Brad, but later able to speak with him...thus the delay in getting LE out there to initiate a search.. I do not believe the initial visiting detectives knew of everything JA said..Only her concerns that she wasnt where she was suppose to be...

We know JA met the police at the Cooper home before Brad arrived home so I find it pretty improbable that she did not again reiterate her concerns about Brad's involvement when she had the ear of the LE officer on the scene.

Brad lawyered up quickly. Normally a person doesn't have a defense team until they are arrested. It was his right to refuse to talk with them, and he exercised his right after the first couple of days, even before he became a person of interest. Although I think he was a person of interest by nightfall on the 12th.

I think that what he did was prudent. I feel pretty confident her family and friends were making him feel like they were sure he did something. NC's sister called, said, "What did you do to her?" and hung up. Everyone should have legal counsel before allowing their home to be searched.

this is my prediction for tomorrow..if defense calls witness
3 very very very long hours of slow talking, and repetitive question by defense
followed by 15 minute rapid fire direct questions by the pros

then more slow ..slow talking then rapid fire direct

I hope I can stomach the defense side of the trial

That is interesting....3 hours with one witness when just a week ago, you predicted defense wouldn't even call any witnesses at all. Why the change?

The call was recorded! Then a 'CAP' report was typed up and put into the system that LE accesses to give them a quick summary of the sitch and the address. No where in that report did it state Nancy was murdered, or even dead, or that her husband did something to her. They went over the CAP report in court...in detail. Now people are trying to reword testimony and make stuff up. Why?

It referenced the domestic discord...but why was Kurtz trying so hard to get this in? Seems like he would have wanted to quash that.

its my understanding they all did depositions, Nancy's sister, her parents

Yeah, you are right. There was lots of input from family about their concerns, etc. The link that star12 posted (though published after the arrest), outlines all the basis for the custody decision at the time.

So, I guess answer to my question [ "is there anyway the custody judge could/would have known about the google search on 7/11 prior to making the custody decision?" ] - for the record is 'no... not for the record'...

The 6:05 may have been a set up and that didn't work on the first trip. He did something at 6:25 that involved "data". Purely speculation, the 6:34 could have been practice for the 4 year old to call his phone. The oven timer set to go off with a "do it again when the bell rings" would be the simplest way to "spoof" that call. No equipment necessary. MOO

I considered this as well, but I think it would have been way too risky. The child would tell, and I bet she's been asked.

That is interesting....3 hours with one witness when just a week ago, you predicted defense wouldn't even call any witnesses at all. Why the change?

I personally think they should call his entire MBA class and everyone who has ever competed in an Ironman with him. Just to get everyone's opinion in.

All the folks who were invited to their wedding should come to verify there was indeed a wedding. Heck, let's bring in Building #9 at Cisco, too.

Danielle, in my notes I have nothing about Detective Chappell testifying that he zoomed and scrolled around to any other areas.
So do you have any recollection of the latitude/longitude business? Seems like the news articles just got that one wrong.

Feelings do not = testimony

The testimony is what it is.

Wanting it to be different simply doesn't change it either.

BC was a VOIP engineer, not a cell phone expert. I never look at my call history, and actually hate the cell phone, but have to have it for work. Until the testimony about pushing the green I didn't know how to find the call history on my phone without fimbling around either. I will neve forget now.

Perhaps you are always available to answer your phone. But there are many times when i hear my phone ring, and am busy with the kids or driving, and miss calls. If they don't leave a message, my phone automatically prompts me to see the "missed call" which takes me straight to my call history. As well, since BC had no personal contacts on his phone, he must have used his call history feature from time to time to look up numbers to return calls. To say he didn't know how to look it up is ridicuous. Even my moher, who doesn't know how to text message, knows how to look up a call history.

IMO, this was yet another attempt to make a comment to pre-empt any suspicion he felt was coming. NC usually left to run @ 6am. He even stated initially that she left @ 6am. Perhaps he was behind because one of the kids woke up, or whatever, but at some point, he realized the alibi call would not be possible if she was already out running, so he changed the time to @7. (after checking call history) So, he makes this innocent statement to not only cover this, but also so people like us would be having conversations on this board about whether or not he could spoof a call because he couldn't find his call history.

Yeah, you are right. There was lots of input from family about their concerns, etc. The link that star12 posted (though published after the arrest), outlines all the basis for the custody decision at the time.

So, I guess answer to my question [ "is there anyway the custody judge could/would have known about the google search on 7/11 prior to making the custody decision?" ] - for the record is 'no... not for the record'...

Based on testimony, I don't think the DA's office knew about the google search prior to late 2009 when they go the results back.

I would wager this was not available at all prior to the CTF CART report return.

Although, we had a poster on here once say THIS would be the evidence. Circa August 2008....
:banghead:

We know JA met the police at the Cooper home before Brad arrived home so I find it pretty improbable that she did not again reiterate her concerns about Brad's involvement when she had the ear of the LE officer on the scene.

LMAO! She had a trunk full of shoes and running gear and maybe a Cisco router and some other stuff to get rid of. Come on, man. She did not have time to let the Po-po think Brad did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper