State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually JA did call non emergency line to report missing friend and her concerns, and asked for guidance...this person advised NOK had to be the one to report missing person, thus due to high level of concerns by JA, they attempted to contact Brad, the husband of the missing women..The rest is history..The police's call was not initially returned by Brad, but later able to speak with him...thus the delay in getting LE out there to initiate a search.. I do not believe the initial visiting detectives knew of everything JA said..Only her concerns that she wasnt where she was suppose to be...

I agree, and I don't think they were thinking much beyond possible domestic dispute at this time. How many missing persons vs. domestic dispute calls does the CPD get? When my ex-parte protective order was put in place, before I moved out of state two months later, my friends/family called LE on four different occassions concerned, and stating what was going on. For whatever reason, i was walking the dog, putting kids in bed or bath, I couldn't get to or hear the phone, and they simply showed up on my door to inquire if everything was okay. It is more than possible, that given the info they had, that NC had left after a bad fight and gone to another friends house, or gotten coffee, or even just cleared her head. They did not know. It is not unusual for someone to leave for a period of time in these situarions without an eta for home. And LE knows that friends and family have a tendancy to worry and speculate the worst. Rarely does it mean that murder has occurred.

Amazing how it is perfectly fine that the phone expert didn't know how to access the call history of his phone, but the crime experts are scorched for not knowing much about smart phones. So funny, if it weren't ridiculous.

He didn't work on cell phones, that was not his expertise, computers actually was and he specialized in VOIP. He wasn't a phone expert.

Det Young should not have said the following in his request for a SW if it was not true.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...4205150825.pdf

Pg. 3
"My training and experience has shown that people use personal electronic devices, to include cellular telephones, for many aspects of their daily lives. This practice is even more common among people who work in the technology sector, such as Brad Cooper was, a VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) engineeer for Cisco Systems, Inc. Numerous past investigations have revealed evidence of crimes on electronic devices to include evidence of motive, method and intent to commit specific crimes via photographs, text messages, email messages, websites and other digital files stored on these devices."

You mean the parents he admitted in his depo he didn't call on the 12th or the 13th or the 14th? Yes, his parents. He didn't tell them what was going on for some period of time.

Huh? I thought he had HP call his parents as well as NCs parents. And do we know if his parents called him on the 12th or 13th? Are you seriously suggesting he was looking up Air Canada information because he was considering fleeing to Canada?

IIRC, BC was never officially named a suspect or POI.

IIRC the issue with declaring someone officially as a suspect, or POI was that it would (or might) obligate the prosecution to share more info with the defense/defendant prior to any subsequent arrest. [ I'm a little fuzzy on it, and it's based on memory of what others on WS who seemed knowledgeable enough at the time were posting...]

Clearly LE was 'interested' in him from at least the time of discovery. Declaring him officially as such though would have supposedly 'tripped' something 'official' that LE didn't see the need to trip. [ again, just going off memory from some of the 2008 discussions... ]

"They're taking his kids, but LE isn't even officially stating they're interested in him..." :)

You're right, they never officially named him as a suspect or even a person of interest while Nancy was missing, but for them to imply that they weren't even "looking at him for it" is disingenuous, IMO. He's the spouse, for crying out loud. It wouldn't hurt the case to admit that they were looking closely at him while still following up on other leads. It hurts their credibility to claim otherwise.

You mean the parents he admitted in his depo he didn't call on the 12th or the 13th or the 14th? Yes, his parents. He didn't tell them what was going on for some period of time.

Well, that works out nicely, since the Air Canada search was done on the 14th.

I agree that there are a number of far simpler ways than all this VoIP magic to make an automated call. But, as far as the fax idea, someone here a couple of weeks ago claimed that fax calls show up as data (not voice) calls on a TWC log. I can't confirm or deny it myself, but whoever stated that was confident in their info. (But, it wouldn't be a first time that someone sounded confident but was stunningly wrong.) :wink:

Agreed 100% as I was the one that was stunningly wrong. There is no distinction between a fax call and a voice call on the CDR.

Did they actually come?

I have no idea. I actually have no idea when he talked with them, when they came, or basically anything else about them. Just offering a theory about the Air Canada search that would make sense. Him doing a search to flee sure doesn't.

Huh? I thought he had HP call his parents as well as NCs parents. And do we know if his parents called him on the 12th or 13th? Are you seriously suggesting he was looking up Air Canada information because he was considering fleeing to Canada?

Could it have been some sort of "looking for Nancy" thing? Like to show he thought SHE might have fled instead of jogging? But then there is the whole kid thing...

This is all true but BC didn't get a family law attorney to protect his children he got a Criminal Attorney. It is all about BC.

The search request was before the children, they probably told him their firm could handle that.

Well, I'm not predisposed to believe that the detective should or should not know about smart phones. However, it doesn't seem that you have to be a smart phone guru to know that if your goal is to get information from the phone and you get a warning saying that you are about to erase everything on the device you should stop and get some help before doing anything else.

He had gotten directions from the cell phone provider. He followed the instructions given. It is unfortunate that the instructions may have been for something completely different than what he needed.

We have to come up with a google app faux ad for all of this.

"Don't forget to Coopercise your closed hand cursor files". This makes sure incriminating circumstantial evidence can never be used against you. With Google Coopercise, we'll take your hard drive MFT to ten times DBAN and make it so even the FBI can't recreate your last searches.

But, if you really want to be thorough, next time throw your Cisco-issued laptop into Lake Wheeler and ask the investigating detective if he's seen your laptop. Cisco will issue you a new one and you can look like you're furthering communication with local law enforcement by reporting said laptop stolen.

You crack me up!!!

You're right, they never officially named him as a suspect or even a person of interest while Nancy was missing, but to imply that they weren't even "looking at him for it" is disingenuous, IMO. He's the spouse, for crying out loud. It wouldn't hurt the case to admit that they were looking closely at him while still following up on other leads. It hurts their credibility to claim otherwise.

The ruling on the temporary custody issue is the first place he was a POI and the lead up to the arrest and everything is what maid him an official suspect.

I think the Judge that signed off on all of that actually timelined it as sometime between September 29th and like October 7th he became those things. Maybe we could see what was issued/returned warrant wise in there?

I have no idea. I actually have no idea when he talked with them, when they came, or basically anything else about them. Just offering a theory about the Air Canada search that would make sense. Him doing a search to flee sure doesn't.

Next best thing to suicide... get the H out of the U.S. when you think the hammer is getting ready to fall.

No, I can't always get to my cell because sometimes I forget where I leave it, or I don't get to it fast enough, but it does tell me I missed a call and I push a button and it takes me to the last call. Same with VM, and I don't even know the VM number, just glad it takes me there when I push the button.

I was also just looking at my cell, and pushing the green button does not take me to the call history, for example, on Saturday I called Progress Energy four times, but when I push the green button it only shows the name once and when I press for details it only shows my last call. While searching around I found the call history and each call is listed out, all four calls to PE are shown with their time. My call history also seems to go back to May 2010 but when I push the green button it only shows the last 30 calls.

On mine, it takes me to call history.

That is interesting....3 hours with one witness when just a week ago, you predicted defense wouldn't even call any witnesses at all. Why the change?

it says if they call witnesses...I think Kurtz knows he is annoying the heck out of people so he may try to prolong his camera time

it says if they call witnesses...I think Kurtz knows he is annoying the heck out of people so he may try to prolong his camera time

I know they say No such thing as bad publicity, but this isn't really even like "camera time". This is more like being in a fishbowl. Trenkle looks like he's hiding from the camera. Gessner is cozied up to Chad the camera man saying Can't you shoot just the witness box and leave me out? Kurtz is like, I am going to get IN this box so THOSE people out there can see my face. Scoot over Daniels and FBI guy. I have to show you something.

I about lost it when Boz (or Cummings) said: Is he going to testify? Or just stand there all day?

So you think his goal is to annoy the jury and gain camera time? Not to defend his client?

BC was a VOIP engineer, not a cell phone expert. I never look at my call history, and actually hate the cell phone, but have to have it for work. Until the testimony about pushing the green I didn't know how to find the call history on my phone without fimbling around either. I will neve forget now.

It was a work issued phone and therefore the cell phone number was published. Either Cisco employees or any customer trying to contact BC may call and not leave a VM. Any Cisco employee that supports any alpha or IT system in Cisco would be expected to know how to check check call history in order to return a call.

The ruling on the temporary custody issue is the first place he was a POI and the lead up to the arrest and everything is what maid him an official suspect.

I think the Judge that signed off on all of that actually timelined it as sometime between September 29th and like October 7th he became those things. Maybe we could see what was issued/returned warrant wise in there?

I think the same thing was attempted in the Jason Young case. The family went for custody and rather than be deposed, he rolled over and gave up custody. It delayed the arrest but it was inevitable. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy