State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DD should have to answer why/why not he never questioned the credibility of inconsistent witness testimonies, as the lead detective. He had no problem stating that BC's inconsistencies made him suspect. Why are the witnesses given a free pass? Early in the investigation *everyone* close to the victim should have been scrutinized.

I agree, sunshine. However, rules of law don't allow that. I definitely think DD should answer about his notes and procedures in his investigation. IMO

Kurtz needs to move on. No matter what way you put it, that bed didn't look like anyone had splept in it.

Ok, LE didn't take a picture before they sat on it. But the fact is, even AFTER he'd sat on the bed, at the most, the bed looks like someone SAT on the bed and NOT that anyone had SLEPT in the bed.

He's going over and over and over, to yet again! Remind the jury of this clue.

just sayin'
fran

No kidding. DD's memory surely does fade quickly once the defense asked him questions. Again, DD doesn't like to be questioned about his work.

A prosecution witness gets to prepare for questions that will be asked by the prosecution. This is a somewhat profound statement.

A prosecution witness does not get a list of questions from the defense, does not know what will be asked, and really has no way to prepare given the volumes of information from which the defense could pull.

DD doesn't suffer fools lightly.....and, yes, he does defend himself against baseless accusations from a whiny defense atty. He's being Nancy's voice and I admire him for it. Brad has family, attorneys, fans who speak for him everyday. Right now, it's Nancy's turn.

So the detective should be allowed to make statements like "her bed did not appear to have been slept in," but can't be crossed on his reasons for coming to that conclusion? I think this is a valid line of questioning. Just shows how ridiculous the statement was to begin with.

Yeah, I loved that one. How the heck can you say that and not know how you came up with that conclusion. I think it is a very valid line of questioning.

A prosecution witness gets to prepare for questions that will be asked by the prosecution. This is a somewhat profound statement.

A prosecution witness does not get a list of questions from the defense, does not know what will be asked, and really has no way to prepare given the volumes of information from which the defense could pull.
Not to mention...it's the defenses JOB to trip up witnesses, especially the ones with the most impact on thier client.

A prosecution witness also doesn't have to worry about the DA's office tripping them up with one wrong word in the question that a defense attorney is going to try to do. One small word can change the entire meaning and a good witness will make absolutely sure he understands the question so he will not answer something that the defense can use against him a little further along in the questioning.

A 120 lb woman sits on a bed, it hardly moves, a 300 lb man sits on it there is going to be a difference, my bed never looks slept in. DD's thing about the bed makes no sense, and why didn't he think of contamination regardless if it was a missing person case. This was not his first rodeo, he should have known the probabilities of it ending up not being a missing person based on his experience. He should have definitely let the SBI know he sat on it.

I don't think anyone could tell whether the bed was slept in or not.

A 120 lb woman sits on a bed, it hardly moves, a 300 lb man sits on it there is going to be a difference, my bed never looks slept in. DD's thing about the bed makes no sense, and why didn't he think of contamination regardless if it was a missing person case. This was not his first rodeo, he should have known the probabilities of it ending up not being a missing person based on his experience. He should have definitely let the SBI know he sat on it.

agree one hundred percent.

No kidding. DD's memory surely does fade quickly once the defense asked him questions. Again, DD doesn't like to be questioned about his work.

Yep, he even told us, he is a detective, that is what he does!

K is not going to trip up this detective. He'll badger, he'll whine, he'll stomp his little feet, he'll make declarative statements, but in the end the evidence is what it is, and Det D. closed the case on the person who committed the murder.

Now Kurtz is asking how long a pillow maintains a shape. Lord have mercy.

DD made a big deal about it having no head impression in it, there is nothing wrong with that question. Different pillows do have better or worse retention.

Det Daniels believes second trip to HT was because first phone call attempt was a failure.

I don't understand that. He should just answer the questions instead of defending his work. The prosecution can defend his work on re-cross. But I just wish the detectives would answer the questions they are being asked without the bias that they believe Brad did it.

I don't think anyone could tell whether the bed was slept in or not.

if you look at Brad's bed picture and Nancy's bed look at the bottom of the bed, it is messed up on Brad's bottom of bed..but it wasn't in Nancy's

I continue to be amazed at how a witness testimony is broken down on this forum simply by determining where your bias lies.

Carry on people.

Now Kurtz is asking how long a pillow maintains a shape. Lord have mercy.

Well, DD said in direct that he believe NC didn't sleep in her bed because there was no pillow indention. So it's a very fair question. She slept in that bed at some point, even if it wasn't that night. So if he is making conclusions, it's fair for the defense to ask how he is making that conclusion.

How is it that *we* know more about which type of router was needed to spoof the call than the lead detective on the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010