State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the Cisco security guy may have cost himself his own job. It baffles me that anyone would do this.

didn't the cisco security guy that did testify say he didn't work at cisco anymore so maybe he did get terminated

Witness can not provide steps or even tell the court how he found evidence of tampering? Witness did not write anything down.

I think Pros is right, this witness IS an expert in security, not forensics and that is a problem with calling him an expert in that area.

Kelly

As much as I would like to hear what Mr. Ward has to say, Boz is doing brilliantly right now.

What is going on here? Doesn't the defense have the budget to hire a proper expert witness?

It is times like this I HATE living near Cisco. The buffering is outrageous.

You'd think if he was in the hot seat and actually did buy it, he would have said, I bought it. He said he "got" it when he worked at cisco.

And how many years have passed since he "aquired" this equipment from Cisco? How far has technology advanced in the interim?

Hope he swings by Cisco and returns the antiquated gear.

Judge will not allow him to be considered an expert, Kurtz will argue that he doesn't know how the FBI got their evidence.

Brad Cooper would be laughing and pointing at this guy, his own *expert*. Looking down his nose at him.

Cooper is a voice/networking expert, and while he likely has extensive computer knowledge, this witness certainly holds the upper hand in computer analysis.

Can he still be allowed to testify but not as an expert or will he be out as a witness if the judge disallows him being tendered as an expert witness?

Kurtz is right. Chappell had looked at something like 5 computers forensically. His "expertise" was that he was MAC certified.

ETA--he may have had other certifications, I don't know--I don't want to misspeak on that. But his MAC certification is why he was brought in, IIRC, and he had examined very few computers before this testimony.

BZ is making some odd arguments, saying that he will not be able to question on the process, when he fought that Defense should not be privy to the process used by the FBI and that it didn't matter.

Okay, apparent Det Chappel had no doctorate in computer engineering and had examined five computers. Kinda what I thought

Judge is in a tough spot on this. He knows the state's case rests with the computer info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966