State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was so much more, Cheyenne. I have pages and pages from the days that the FBI agent and Detective Chappell were on the stand. I don't think it's nearly as cut and dried as it appears from the reporting, which was why I was excited to hear the Defense's expert. Ugh--who knew he wouldn't be the right kind of expert?

Thank you! Yes, I just wanted a sort of synopsis so I could have a frame of reference for this witness. I'm just curious in what way Kurtz is now using him as a defense witness.

I think the jury was upset they have to come in Good Friday.
No mention of no court Wednesday and Thursday.

a juror has to take kid to appt thurs, so judge said he is considering having no court thurs afternoon , but working all day friday
the defense said they preferred friday afternoons off but what ever

LOL. I lost one too. Had to chew it off escaping from the bear trap of a looooong winded individual. That was 3 hrs of my life I can never get back.

Anybody we know, '74 ?? Do tell
icon10.gif
!
Please, please, please, please, please, purty puh-leeze, don't make us beg!

Does his name start with a "K" and have a "Z" at the end and a "urt" (rhymes with "hurt") in the middle? Or am I totally not even close?

a juror has to take kid to appt thurs, so judge said he is considering having no court thurs afternoon , but working all day friday
the defense said they preferred friday afternoons off but what ever

I thought that was for next week though and not this week.

I haven't followed the SBI case closely, but I think it had to do with the forensic examination of evidence (like DNA). Evidence was withheld because it favored the accused or contradicted investigator's theories. If investigators had a long standing relationship with related experts such that the experts manipulated information to support police theories, then investigators may still be operating with the assumption that because they have a theory and belief, it will be believed and supported by the experts they choose. I'm probably not explaining this clearly, but given the history of investigators and the SBI, it is not entirely unbelievable that police are still manipulating information to agree with their preferred outcome.

I'm with you on that.
I hate to keep sounding confused but I am....but IIRC the testing done on this case was by the FBI, not the SBI?

Since Mr. Ward himself was honest enough to admit he was not an expert in computer forensics, I'll take his word on it. Guess I don't know why so many are riled up by this, seems kinda obvious, to me anyhow, when the fella himself admits it during the voir dire.

I wonder if he could have been passed as an expert in "reading MFT reports".
I think the court has gotten bogged down in semantics a few times in this trial.

Let me guess, you are associated with Kurtz and Blum, right?

:rolleyes:

Is everyone skeptical about the case with te defense team now?

If you think that's the only explanation for healthy skepticism, you truly are divorced from reality.

Ok, I'm done. I'll go back to lurking from time to time. You guys have fun with your murder trials.

Wait! Before you go.... Please let us know if you are a he or she attorney. I'm working with the assumption that you are female. I like to get gender correct and not make assumptions.

Ok, I'm done. I'll go back to lurking from time to time. You guys have fun with your murder trials.

No! You input is appreciated and valuable to the discussion and I'm sure 99% of the posters here (decided or on the fence) would agree. Just put those two on ignore and forgot about them.

I'm with you on that.
I hate to keep sounding confused but I am....but IIRC the testing done on this case was by the FBI, not the SBI?

The SBI tested the green dress.
Her testimony was inconclusive, although she said it appeared it was not washed.

Goes both ways....

1- Where is the wine stain Brad talked about? Why did he say he washed it?

2- Where is the evidence of body fluids or vomit?

I know you hate these, but I'm sorry. I just can't resist this one.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

me thinks 'his work' is about to fall into a slump. And his *equipment* might just be confiscated.

And he lost a BFF at Cisco, I'm sure.

Please don't. It's good having the perspective of attornies (you and gritguy). Just report the posts and let the mods deal with them.

I wonder if he could have been passed as an expert in "reading MFT reports".
I think the court has gotten bogged down in semantics a few times in this trial.

I say Kurtz put this guy on the stand and let him testify to the Timestamp modifications..as that is his expertise. I think IIRC the FBI said he did note that too and that he DID check each one and found it was due to "Updates" performed when the computer was left on 27 hours before it was powered down and collected...He just cant opine on the forensic analysis of the findings by the forensic expert from FBI..namely the google search that indicated that site showing the Fielding Drive area on July 11th,2008..

IF Kurtz doesnt put Ward on the stand at all, it tips their hand on just what the real purpose of their expert was...Too Bad....So Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966