State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A self taught expert? No documented education for an EXPERT witness?

In the late 80's early 90's there were no real education programs for networking and computer science programs were based around programming and not administration. It is not unusual at all.

hey we did all this in the 80's also..so would I be an expert???

In the late 80's early 90's there were no real education programs for networking and computer science programs were based around programming and not administration. It is not unusual at all.

He certainly seems extremely knowledgeable to me.

He said he wanted to work for the FBI.

My he's very chatty, isn't he?

I am just guessing that this would be the first time he has testified as an expert!

I was wondering why the State wanted to question ( Voir Dire) this witness outside of the jury??..Now I see why?..I thought an expert had to have certain credentialling?...I am sure he has a slew of experience..but not sure how the courts look at things like this?..Anyone know?

Side Note: my eldest son started with just plain experience and knowledge..but even he now has to get upgraded ( credentialling ) every 6 months and has to travel all over to attend these classes...Internet, computer systems are evolving so fast, they just have to constantly update their licencings...

I'm amazed that you guys are complaining about this. The prosecution asked for an extensive voir dire of this witness for qualification as the expert. The defense is complying with that.

He certainly seems extremely knowledgeable to me.

Really? He has not testified to anything yet, everything is about his background which is, so far, similar to 1000's upon 1000's of us that are in this field.

Think about it this way........the jury has to decide who is the more credible witness. Compare the credentials of the prosecutions witness, to the credentials of the defenses witness.

Really? He has not testified to anything yet, everything is about his background which is, so far, similar to 1000's upon 1000's of us that are in this field.

When my husband testifed as an expert witness, his educational credentials were important, as well as his 'continuing education' and recent courses, training programs, certificates, etc.

So....defense just found this guy last night??

He's certainly proud of himself...:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member