State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much blows the defense out of the water. They have no one to back up the claim of tampering, which is the only way out of the smoking gun testimony.

Exactly. Ward had his own report to share, which refutes the State's expert witness testimony, and now it won't be allowed. (Not saying the ruling isn't correct...) This does pretty much leave the defense dead in the water.

It was a brilliant strategy by the State, IMO, to wait until the witness was ready to testify to bring this up.

If the judge were ruling on Kurtz's lunch it would be:

"You can't have the pizza but you can have the box it came in."

I only caught the last couple minutes of argument and the ruling, but Kurtz could have fit right in as the January model of a sad puppy calendar.

Not sure that I would go so far as to say they don't have something up their sleeves, but the Defense was dealt a serious blow today.

I will be very interested in what comes up next.

Kelly

Kurtz has only a few minutes to complete redesign his line of questioning for this witness. Wonder just how he will be able to pull it off without everything he asks being objected to...and sustained.

What made the defense pick this guy to testify as forensic examiner? This probably means they couldn't find anyone more qualified to take the case, which means the defense didn't have a good argument to start with. Raises the validity of the FBI findings bit time IMO.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#coopertrial Court orders that the witness, James Ward, can testify as an expert in network security but not about any forensics analysis

Exactly. Ward had his own report to share, which refute the State's expert witness testimony, and now it won't be allowed. (Not saying the ruling isn't correct...) This does pretty much leave the defense dead in the water.

It was a brilliant strategy by the State, IMO, to wait until the witness was ready to testify to bring this up.

So the defense couldn't adequately cross examine the FBI on their report because they weren't allowed access to it...now they can't present their own report.

he said something like, your honour we will need to proffer on this.. but I'm not sure what that means.

Not sure what all more he wanted to talk about, but in theory he'd be wanting to put some things on the record for appeal.

Kurtz has only a few minutes to complete redesign his line of questioning for this witness. Wonder just how he will be able to pull it off without everything he asks being objected to...and sustained.

Agreed...tough afternoon ahead.

It's my opinion that Kurtz knew this was coming. I think he's going to keep throwing darts and go with "I can't defend my client because I don't know how the FBI got their data". Is there a list of defense witnesses that we are privy to?

Exactly. He had his own report to share, which refute the State's expert witness testimony, and now it won't be allowed. (Not saying the ruling isn't correct...) This does pretty much leave the defense dead in the water.

When Kurtz was cross examining the state witnesses, he kept referring to "Their Expert" agreed or disagreed with MFT or whatever, Doesnt that mean he pretty well has to put this guy on the stand?..

I recall this guy shaking his head during the cell tower testimony??..Will he be able to testify about that?..tho I didnt hear anything about his expertise in triangulating cell tower activities??..Anyone know??

well if his questions raise doubt, maybe that's what he will do??

(can he do that?)

Is it too late in the game for Kurtz to open up the phone book (figuratively) and get another "real" forensic expert to come in and testify to Ward's findings (or do it himself and find the same thing Ward did)?

Not sure what all more he wanted to talk about, but in theory he'd be wanting to put some things on the record for appeal.

oh you mean like, when he offers up the constitutional argument? that makes sense. The judge kinda just stood up and ended things very quickly, lol.

So, I guess the line of questioning will basically be a bunch of ways that the computer system (Cisco) or Brad's computer could have been hacked or corrupted? I don't know if that is a correct understanding or line or thinking?

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member