State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His business (I think his company revenue was $500K-$1m last year) is generated through business contacts, not advertising on Facebook or the web (thus no need for a website). So he left a facebook page out there and unattended...did that hurt his business last year? obviously not. Does that discredit his testimony? obviously not as the pros had NOTHING to say about it. ZIP. The jury wants his expert testimony, not his facebook page and the fact that the pros completely ignored the bulk of his testimony in cross in fact validates that testimony - facebook page or not.

Is that in your opinion? Because my guess is this was the first time in weeks the jury actually perked up and understood something that didn't sound like a foreign language. His expert testimony IMO put those poor people to sleep, they were cocked, primed, and ready for something interesting to happen. That's just my opinion, which differs, I know, from a lot of people, but I still get to express it.

So he took a couple of 400 level humanities courses and a bunch of options to get a degree. I take it he didn't have any credentials in computers other than maybe a course here or there?

Eh, I got a BA in Art Education and an MEd in Counseling. I ended up being the Technology Coordinator for a school district. I ran the whole network, repaired the computers, phones, did the troubleshooting, ordered the new equipment. I even got certified as a Cisco Networking Academy Instructor. (I almost laughed when that came up today. It sounds SO impressive!) I did a good job flying by the seat of my pants. I would never, EVER attempt to present myself as an expert.

His resume said he was a consultant for IBM, but the copy that he he said he gave to defense apparently had that line amended. Then, he combined two jobs into one. That reduced the numer of jobs from 7 to 5, but it still looks like his resume intended to give the impression that there were 7.

College? So his credentials were discussed. I take it he did not go to university?

He did go to college, not for computer science, general courses, I can't think of what it was called now. It is on his Linked In page, do a google search on his name.

Again, I am no expert, but from what I read, automatic updates can produce invalid timestamps if every file single file is not in sync with it. It could be as simple as that. Can anyone else with expertise clarify because I am no expert. Just a google researcher.

From a non-technical perspective, just thinking out loud, I believe invalid timestamps could possibly be caused by issues not related to user activity, such as:

1. Hard system re-boot. (you could call this 'user activity')
2. Battery issues.
3. Software application bugs.

After today's testimony, I would like to declare myself as an expert. :rocker:

Is his CV available online?

You should probably just go check out yesterday's thread or watch the first 15 min of testimony. That would give you much more of the info you asking for than message by message replies (not being sarcastic here at all).

Fact that he did this Pro Bono shows me he is doing it for publicity....JMO

Yeppers on that, Lori59 - Now he has got an "expert" notch in his belt, to beef up his resume. I'm sure it was worth it to him to not get paid for his hours on this case. But that's how it's done. I just don't think he really has earned that notch, but he's got one, so he's on his way. I do think he is reasonably smart and has done some good work. He just needs to work on his "I love me" attitude and lose the smirk. IMO.

You have no idea what his degree in interdisciplinary studies constituted, so why do you assume humanities? He also testified to his many computer certifications. His CV has been posted here, and is available online.

Again I just have to laugh. I have lots of awards and plaques. It doesn't mean anything. I'm no expert.

9. The guy yesterday (and today) who was probably NOT the key defense witness, but was important did several things right. The jury liked that he spoke directly and seemed to try and put a "laymans" spin on things. The second thing I noticed was he riled Boz up. That got their attention. They paid way more attention to Boz during that than him. There were more note takers yesterday than I had seen the whole time. No clue what that meant. He also seemed nervous but genuine and he was scared of the pros, so it made his answers seem more real.

Very interesting, thanks as always johnfear.

We really don't know what effect FB has had on hiring in his particular case, but he seemed to have no prior experience testifying on the stand, so he wasn't in great demand as an expert witness. And I'll bet he won't be in the future, either, because companies don't want someone representing them that looks as foolish as he did when his FB page came to light today.

Nor will a reputable company be interested in someone who gets his "gear" from his buddies at previous employers quite possibly unauthorized and uses bootleg copies of tools and programs. Just my opinion, though. I have a feeling - just my own feeling - that a derogatory word for a protected class under federal laws might just turn off a few prospective clients. But, hey, to each their own. If he gets hired, more power to him. I wouldn't "friend request" him, much less pay him to do work for me even if that work was shoveling the manure from my barn.

Curious on this one.. are we not allowed to even mention the existence of other sites? Or, just encouraged not to pull in detailed quotes/discussions from other sites?

Heated/pointed discussions from other sites I can understand, but if (as sleuths) we read something 'of interest', or a well made point on another site that fellow WS folks might find of interest also, isn't it okay to share it (and reference (in general) the source)?

The Etiquette site Jellybean posted earlier today covers it:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

. The guy yesterday (and today) who was probably NOT the key defense witness, but was important

Just out of curiousity, who do you think will be their key witness? can you at least allude to the person?

Just out of curiousity, who do you think will be their key witness? can you at least allude to the person?

I think there was mention of two other "tech" oriented persons, but maybe one was phone related. I dunno the names. I think the phone guy is out. You can't get better testimony that DD saying: No, we have no evidence to back that theory.

You have no idea what his degree in interdisciplinary studies constituted, so why do you assume humanities? He also testified to his many computer certifications. His CV has been posted here, and is available online.

Was it a BSc? In physics; applied math?

General Studies is generally a Humanities or Arts degree.

Thanks. I'll look for his CV

Again I just have to laugh. I have lots of awards and plaques. It doesn't mean anything. I'm no expert.

I agree with you. The best experts in anything are not qualified to be so based on their degrees, certificates, plaques, knighthood from England, a badge, a Nobel prize, etc...

Eh, I got a BA in Art Education and an MEd in Counseling. I ended up being the Technology Coordinator for a school district. I ran the whole network, repaired the computers, phones, did the troubleshooting, ordered the new equipment. I even got certified as a Cisco Networking Academy Instructor. (I almost laughed when that came up today. It sounds SO impressive!) I did a good job flying by the seat of my pants. I would never, EVER attempt to present myself as an expert.

Sounds ecclectic, not a common trait - or is it?

His resume said he was a consultant for IBM, but the copy that he he said he gave to defense apparently had that line amended. Then, he combined two jobs into one. That reduced the numer of jobs from 7 to 5, but it still looks like his resume intended to give the impression that there were 7.

College? So his credentials were discussed. I take it he did not go to university?

Where are you getting this stuff? He left off the part-time consulting he did in college. He did not combine two jobs into one; he worked for a company that was then bought by Symantec.

College grad from South Carolina. So you should consider doing a second take.

Sounds ecclectic, not a common trait - or is it?

According to most it is not common. I'm sort of an anomally. I thought going from art to technology made sense. Most of what I did was creative problem solving. I didn't do it right but I made it work.

A thousand years ago When I Was in college it Was called Liberal Arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08