State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, honestly it wasn't the first request for a mistrail or recusal, so not so sure about that. I do agree with others, from what I have watched, he has case law on his side. In all instances was he correct? Not sure. But, I find the 'judge is bias' argument just as likely as BC's lawyers have no clue what they are doing and are doing more damage to their client than the judge IMHO.

Kelly

The bias isn't necessarily just in his rulings. It's also in the way he has spoken to Kurtz and his "actions" like heavy sighing, staring at the ceiling, tapping his hands, etc. This judge wears his emotions on his sleeve and it is quite apparent that he doesn't like Kurtz.

I think this witness is very knowledgeable. If he comes across as unethical or whatever, it's because of the way Kurtz may be twisting the questioning.
He seems very, very down as opposed to his demeanor of yesterday morning. He doesn't even sound like the same man.
Sumtins up with those pictures, IMO.

Between "penetration testing" and "network security" expertise, kurtz will be able to get all testimony in. It will just take some extra foundation at each question. Spoon feed the judge.

That is exactly why I would hire Kurtz in a heart beat if I found myself needing an attorney for courtroom purposes. I hope I never do, but he is very smart and is willing to help the judge understand things.

Kurtz has done a good job so far of burrowing to the info he wants the witness to testify to. I do think the motion for mistrial/recusal paved the way. I think we're at a key point in the testimony right now, and we'll find out shortly if Kurtz can get the red flag raised with the testimony or if the pros can keep it down.

I think this witness is very knowledgeable. If he comes across as unethical or whatever, it's because of the way Kurtz may be twisting the questioning.
He seems very, very down as opposed to his demeanor of yesterday morning. He doesn't even sound like the same man.

I imagine he was nervous yesterday. Unless you have been up there, it is hard to understand. Particularly tough is when you are an expert witness, and you take your work and your profession seriously. He does look like a different man and he is doing a great job. I would imagine the jury really like him.

I started to ask this question but got called away by an important phone call:
How is 13:43 equal to 9:43?

You are simply wrong. The witness is an expert in what he is currently testifying about. Or else he wouldn't be allowed to testify about it. He is not doing a computer forensic analysis. He's examining security logs and the court has declared him an expert in that field.

I was referring to the questions objected to by the prosecution. The person to whom I was replying keeps insisting 'there is something the prosecution wants to hide' yadda yadda yadda. My reply was in reference to allowing someone NOT QUALIFIED to do such, to analyze the FBI computer experts testimony. This guy can testify all he wants to his speciality, but to imply that the prosecttion is attempting to hide something because they don't want this guys testimony/opinion on something is isn't qualified to testify to, is out right misleading to the point of promoting a malicious lie IMO.

The bias isn't necessarily just in his rulings. It's also in the way he has spoken to Kurtz and his "actions" like heavy sighing, staring at the ceiling, tapping his hands, etc. This judge wears his emotions on his sleeve and it is quite apparent that he doesn't like Kurtz.

Yes, the jury does see this.
He does need to take a deep breath, grin and bear it.
I know I could not if I were up there.
Kurtz is one of the most annoying attorneys I have ever encountered.

I was referring to the questions objected to by the prosecution. The person to whom I was replying keeps insisting 'there is something the prosecution wants to hide' yadda yadda yadda. My reply was in reference to allowing someone NOT QUALIFIED to do such, to analyze the FBI computer experts testimony. This guy can testify all he wants to his speciality, but to imply that the prosecttion is attempting to hide something because they don't want this guys testimony/opinion on something is isn't qualified to testify to, is out right misleading to the point of promoting a malicious lie IMO.

Okay, thanks. I misunderstood your post.

I would have thought it was equal to 1:43 PM.

I would think that as well. I know before that he indicated the -4:00 indicated minus four hours but wouldn't the -4:00 indicate time zone setting? Wouldn't that be -4:00 from GMT?

I started to ask this question but got called away by an important phone call:
How is 13:43 equal to 9:43?

You have to look after the number, there was a -4:00 or something like that. I no expert but I believe there is a universal computer clock (maybe GMT?) and the number afterward shows where, in relation to GMT (?) the computer is located.

Now this guy is unethical? You really need to stop attacking this guys character.

IMO, and I may be completely wrong, I interpreted JTF's remark to be 'unethical' in the same vein I might find, oh say, producers of torture and bondage *advertiser censored* to be 'unethical'. Legal, perhaps, would I want to do it, no way. Would I want a member of my family to participate, uh uh. Just like I wouldn't want a member of my family to be a criminal defense attorney. I'd rather be married to my 'unable to tell a lie' husband, than some shiester millionaire who gets scum-bags *off* for a living. MOO

I imagine he was nervous yesterday. Unless you have been up there, it is hard to understand. Particularly tough is when you are an expert witness, and you take your work and your profession seriously. He does look like a different man and he is doing a great job. I would imagine the jury really like him.

I think the the pros voir dire shook him up a little, but has ultimately served a purpose of settling his nerves and bolstering his confidence - so it actually helped the defense.

For those of you waiting with bated breath for cross, keep in mind the jury likes this guy. Pros will have to tread lightly on the character side of things and stick to the testimony/professional angle to be effective.

so...where was bc on 7/16?

Brad's computer was powered up at his home which had been secured as per search warrant. and Brad himself and the kids were elsewhere...

Many puter whizes said his computer although on it couldnt be accessed or logged into because it defaults to password protected entry...The computer was collected later in the day (27 hours after Brad or used), powered down and moved to locked room until it was removed and handed to FBI....

Defense is suggesting that prior to being given to FBI it had been hacked and nefarious files were planted to implicate Brad. I have heard every friend, neighbour and LE could have planted this information...Interesting concept? All this was done between finding Nancy and Identifying her on the 16th by dental records...of course Brad knew it was Nancy ( IMO) before the ME did.

His ego took a bit hit when 1/2 the country found out yesterday he was not a qualified expert. You are right, big change in his demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member