Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after all this crap, it turns out that this witness had nothing substantial to add? Or did I miss something???????

From what I understand, this witness is simply testifying to the seizure of the computer/s from the home. At least that's apparently the testimony that has the judge & defense in such a state.

Interesting test when I get home this evening as I also have TWC.

Storing Pauses in Memory
To insert a pause in a phone number, press and hold the number before the position where the pause is to be inserted. Hold the number key down until it beeps twice. The pause is 2 seconds in length. For longer pauses, press and hold the key until it beeps three or four times. Each additional beep indicates an additional 2 second pause.
If your phone is connected to a PBX you can store the PBX access number and a pause before the phone number.

I believe there is some timeout parameter that would result in reorder tone is the dialed number is delayed to greatly. But it is an interesting test to see how much delay is possible with TWC.

I am not familiar with Judge Gessner but I would love for him to be my next door neighbor. He's running a pretty tight ship, but he wears his emotions all over his face. I like him.

Kurtz annoys him to no end.
I feel his pain!

NCB, I've predicted that Cummings will eventually take on a higher gear and slam it on the table.

So after all this crap, it turns out that this witness had nothing substantial to add? Or did I miss something???????

This witness didn't actually do any forensic testing on the computers if I'm understanding correctly. He just basically unhooked them and took them out of the house. Another agent with the SBI did the forensics on them I think. So this witness really doesn't have much to offer by way of evidence. Or that's the way the ADA presented it during the outburst.

I didn't get to watch it but I think the judge shows clear bias in favor of the prosecution. I think he is a hot head and I think it makes him appear very unprofessional.

I also think it's admirable the defense is working so hard to defend his client.

I'm not on the jury, but if I'm feeling this way, who's to say they aren't too?

Kurtz's voice was getting so high he was practically squeaking. What an interesting tantrum he threw. I was expecting a foot stomp at the end.

NCB, I've predicted that Cummings will eventually take on a higher gear and slam it on the table.

Gosh, I hope you are right. If not, cummings should be ready for pasture after this trial.

sigh...

Kurtz is trying to infer that the computer laptop was mishandled because "ports weren't taped shut." What a ridiculous argument. My goodness.

He's also desperately trying to get the wireless network info in...which this witness did not (and does not) work with. He really wants everyone to believe that someone hacked into that network and put incriminating evidence on BC computers.

I didn't get to watch it but I think the judge shows clear bias in favor of the prosecution. I think he is a hot head and I think it makes him appear very unprofessional.

I also think it's admirable the defense is working so hard to defend his client.

I'm not on the jury, but if I'm feeling this way, who's to say they aren't too?

You are probably right but I think Kurtz was out of line, completely, with his outburst about not having his expert ready. He assailed the integrity of the ADA team, which was not needed. None of it was needed. He is getting much more technical with this witness than the ADA did--and that was his reason for the outburst. Makes little sense with this depth of questioning since he didn't want the prosecution to explore the forensics....and they didn't. and now he is.

Gosh, I hope you are right. If not, cummings should be ready for pasture after this trial.

NCEast, in my mind, Cummings IS ready to be put out to pasture. He could put a colicky baby to sleep.

sigh...

Kurtz is trying to infer that the computer laptop was mishandled because "ports weren't taped shut." What a ridiculous argument. My goodness.

He's also desperately trying to get the wireless network info in...which this witness did not (and does not) work with. He really wants everyone to believe that someone hacked into that network and put incriminating evidence on BC computers.

I think he's just buying time til 5 o'clock since the judge wouldn't allow for the early recess. He admitted he knew very little about computers or computer forensics. He has been a total jerk for the past hour or so.

I dunno, this Internet connection is so slow it must be experienced to be fully appreciated, but if nothing else, it REALLY SHOWS the defense is greatly concerned about the technical details of any and all computer forensic information. They have accused the FBI of tampering with evidence, they have a dying duck fit when someone on the witness stand even breathes the word "computer".... that will be interesting when we get to it.

Just his voice annoys the hell out of me.

Me too. During opening statements I was not at my computer when he was speaking and I thought for about an hour, listening from a distance, that he was a female.

I know nothing about computers, but our wireless router doesn't have any highly visible antenna's that I see. And my husband has lots of *stuff* hooked up. We have two desktop computers, and we each have a wireless laptop. I know I can PRINT stuff from my wireless laptop, upstairs to the printer hooked up to the desktop. I'm surprised this guy doesn't have 'router' knowledge. As for this current discussion about the 'account being locked'. Doesn't that refer to having ones wireless router 'locked' so your neighbors can't pick up and run their computers off of your wireless? Or am I confused in terminology?

I dunno, this Internet connection is so slow it must be experienced to be fully appreciated, but if nothing else, it REALLY SHOWS the defense is greatly concerned about the technical details of any and all computer forensic information. They have accused the FBI of tampering with evidence, they have a dying duck fit when someone on the witness stand even breathes the word "computer".... that will be interesting when we get to it.

The defense is overly sensitive about all of this computer stuff. Apparently that is where the good stuff is. Hopefully.

You are probably right but I think Kurtz was out of line, completely, with his outburst about not having his expert ready. He assailed the integrity of the ADA team, which was not needed. None of it was needed. He is getting much more technical with this witness than the ADA did--and that was his reason for the outburst. Makes little sense with this depth of questioning since he didn't want the prosecution to explore the forensics....and they didn't. and now he is.

Yeah, like I said I missed it, but Kurtz has reason to believe somehow that the computers were tampered with, based on his opening statements and if he needed his computer expert present, why not grant him that? This is someone's life we're dealing with here.

Now he has to cross examine without all the information he could have had, had his expert been present.

I don't know that he will have another opportunity to question this witness? Does anyone know?

I know nothing about computers, but our wireless router doesn't have any highly visible antenna's that I see. And my husband has lots of *stuff* hooked up. We have two desktop computers, and we each have a wireless laptop. I know I can PRINT stuff from my wireless laptop, upstairs to the printer hooked up to the desktop. I'm surprised this guy doesn't have 'router' knowledge. As for this current discussion about the 'account being locked'. Doesn't that refer to having ones wireless router 'locked' so your neighbors can't pick up and run their computers off of your wireless? Or am I confused in terminology?

I'm not a techie whatsoever so I can't help with any of this. Maybe somebody can explain it in simple terms so those of us who don't understand can get a grip.

I know a ton about computers and networks. This 'account locked' is referring to the computer operating system.

I will put money on the fact that BC had his wireless network secured and secured well with industry-standard encryption (probably WEP2). It would be required by his employer to work from home. Security is all-important in networks and BC was an expert and Cisco would require this.

BTW, turning OFF a computer by unplugging it or removing the battery would NOT place incriminating info on a computer. It *might* corrupt a file where the file could not be read, but it would not create evidence linking a suspect to a crime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee