Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the condition of the car is evidence in itself, or should I say the total lack of anything in that car.

It is similar to the Melanie McGuire case (the nurse who killed and dismembered her spouse and put him in suitcases). Her bathroom was scrubbed clean and DNA was not present for anybody in the household. They were moving and she used the excuse she scrubbed it clean to get her deposit back or something like that. Right there, lack of evidence was evidence imo.

and (from what I gather) ran a program on one of the hard drives.

And in doing so established that he performed some investigation therefore is fair game for these questions. Did he make a copy of the HDD before running that program? Did he use a write disabler before he ran the program? Did he hash the HDD before he ran the program? Does he understand what the hash is and why it's important to create it before running that program? All valid questions.

But didn't both of the SBI people testify today that the trunk was dirty? BC obvious didn't clean it if that's the case.

It seems pretty evident that there is something incriminating on the computer(s). Through everything when asked if they had an objection, the defense answered, "No objection" and allowed the questioning to continue so we could hear, "Nothing was found." Now suddenly they are climbing out of their skin! I have to believe they are trying their darndest to negate the computer evidence.

I hope you are right, and do you think they will start out with the computer expert tomorrow? This should be good. I won't be around much tomorrow to watch until the afternoon though!

I believe he committed the murder, but no, the legal case has not yet been proven, and it remains to be seen if the prosecution will meet their burden (or not). The feelings and impressions by the various neighbors and friends won't be factored (much) into the jury's decision. If there is evidence that ties him to the murder and it is compelling, then that is what will get him convicted. We have not yet seen what that evidence is. We know it's not DNA-based. This was not a messy crime...certainly not one in which there was any bloodshed. And there was a lot of cleaning done. So DNA evidence isn't going to be the 'star' in the case. Let's see what else is revealed.

Wow. I have (past tense) enjoyed popping in on this board to catch up w/ the day's events, back when the crime happened, and now, during the trial. Now it's gone to snarling back and forth, and its not worth ready page after page of fighting amonst camps to get to some real actual reporting or thought provoking sleuthing.

ALL of you wear your biases well out in the open, and it shows in your posts. Some names, I know just to skip over now, cause it will be more of the same rubbish.

Here's my plea to quit your bickering - actually accept that others view the same thing differently, and for very logical reasons - both ways!! Every snide post does not deserve a retort. Yall are playing one up manship, and for us on the sideline - it makes us wanna shoot ourselves for wasting time over your insecurities!!

BACK TO THE CASE< PPLLEEAASSEE!!!

I am on here regularly (for this case) and don't feel that way. Today has been a bit unusual, in my opinion, but for the most part, it's pretty respectful. Personally, I go back and forth with my thoughts of BC's guilt or lack of guilt.

The absolute biggest blunder was when Cummings handled the ME.
Insane to commit to a tight TOD when the evidence does not support it.
Trying to say she may have vomited her stomach contents to make the evidence fit his theory was not smart.

4AM TOD makes perfect sense. Goes along well with Brad's excuse for the lights being on at that hour.

I think 4AM is grasping. Think about how tired and groggy you feel being woken up at that time, so out of it. I can't imagine a big fight breaking out at 4AM. And if he did it in her sleep (premeditated), I don't buy that either because he would have planned it better and would have hid the body better. I know it's possible but I just don't see it. And that would have given him very little time to take care of a lot of clean up.

The thing that bothers me most about his story (and this is going to sound odd) but the fact that he claims to have fallen asleep at 9PM in the girls room. Who does that? I can see waiting for them to fall asleep...and then there's the report that he was checking email at 10:30PM. That will show that he lied about not getting up at all. I guess we will soon find out what was in the 3 emails to Nancy that he intercepted that day. One was supposedly from her lawyer.

It is similar to the Melanie McGuire case (the nurse who killed and dismembered her spouse and put him in suitcases). Her bathroom was scrubbed clean and DNA was not present for anybody in the household. They were moving and she used the excuse she scrubbed it clean to get her deposit back or something like that. Right there, lack of evidence was evidence imo.

The house was Nancy's domain, and it was a mess. She knew that she needed help to organize her house and was trading painting work for help to organize. Brad's car is his domain. He used it for his professional work, and would need it to be clean. I don't see anything unusual in Brad having an uncluttered work vehicle and a cluttered house.

The house was Nancy's domain, and it was a mess. She knew that she needed help to organize her house and was trading painting work for help to organize. Brad's car is his domain. He used it for his professional work, and would need it to be clean. I don't see anything unusual in Brad having an uncluttered work vehicle and a cluttered house.

To me, and the post I was quoting, it wasn't the messiness or cleanliness of the car's trunk. It was that there was nothing. Sure, you can have a clean trunk (and before I transported kids in my car, my car was always spotless), BUT one would expect to have a couple fibers here and there, no? I know he said he just cleaned it due to the gas spill, but you'd expect to have a handprint or something I assume.

I understand your argument Otto, have we heard anyone say his car was usually clean or dirty? Or no one was ever in there. Maybe his friends will testify for the defense and explain some of that. I actually can't wait to hear from Brad's side.

I believe he committed the murder, but no, the legal case has not yet been proven, and it remains to be seen if the prosecution will meet their burden (or not). The feelings and impressions by the various neighbors and friends won't be factored (much) into the jury's decision. If there is evidence that ties him to the murder and it is compelling, then that is what will get him convicted. We have not yet seen what that evidence is. We know it's not DNA-based. This was not a messy crime...certainly not one in which there was any bloodshed. And there was a lot of cleaning done. So DNA evidence isn't going to be the 'star' in the case. Let's see what else is revealed.

So often when there is a spousal murder we hear of rage and violence, sometimes multiple injuries and overkill. Here we have a murder with very little mess and forensic evidence. When it's overkill, people say it must have been the spouse. When there is no overkill, but rather a strangulation, people say that it's up close and personal so it must have been the spouse. I wonder if there is any type of murder where it is not concluded that it must have been the spouse.

I think 4AM is grasping. Think about how tired and groggy you feel being woken up at that time, so out of it. I can't imagine a big fight breaking out at 4AM. And if he did it in her sleep (premeditated), I don't buy that either because he would have planned it better and would have hid the body better. I know it's possible but I just don't see it. And that would have given him very little time to take care of a lot of clean up.

The thing that bothers me most about his story (and this is going to sound odd) but the fact that he claims to have fallen asleep at 9PM in the girls room. Who does that? I can see waiting for them to fall asleep...and then there's the report that he was checking email at 10:30PM. That will show that he lied about not getting up at all. I guess we will soon find out what was in the 3 emails to Nancy that he intercepted that day. One was supposedly from her lawyer.

I used to fall asleep all of the time if I laid down in the bed with my children when they were that age. I didn't see him falling asleep in their room as unusual at all.

Now, the 10:30pm checking of email is what I want to hear about (along with the other computer and phone stuff).

After a long week, with too much to do, I've fallen asleep at 9. I don't find that too unusual.

Yes, I find it odd too. Unless he was just fell asleep with the girls while putting them to bed (I've done it before when kids were little out of pure exhaustion). But the fact he lied about the time (9 vs 10:30) is troublesome.

What stood out to me is the report that the 4 year old slept until 8:30 after going to bed between 8 and 9 p.m. How did they get her to sleep that late? I know it's not in evidence yet but that has made me curious since I first heard it.

Yes, I find it odd too. Unless he was just fell asleep with the girls while putting them to bed (I've done it before when kids were little out of pure exhaustion). But the fact he lied about the time (9 vs 10:30) is troublesome.

My husband was watching AI with my daughter and he is now snoring like a freight train...it is 8:36 :) He is 41. I think he could fall asleep standing up in the middle of a marching band though.

I understand your argument Otto, have we heard anyone say his car was usually clean or dirty? Or no one was ever in there. Maybe his friends will testify for the defense and explain some of that. I actually can't wait to hear from Brad's side.

I missed all of today's testimony, so I'm not up to speed on what happened. It seems to me that so much is being made of small points that really don't imply premeditated murder. A clean trunk, a missing screw, etc. ... it sounds like a story, not a theory with a solid foundation.

So often when there is a spousal murder we hear of rage and violence, sometimes multiple injuries and overkill. Here we have a murder with very little mess and forensic evidence. When it's overkill, people say it must have been the spouse. When there is no overkill, but rather a strangulation, people say that it's up close and personal so it must have been the spouse. I wonder if there is any type of murder where it is not concluded that it must have been the spouse.

Well, it would help if for one of these murders the spouse (killer) wasn't having an affair. Usually that is the first clue.

Okay - haven't had cordless phones in a while, but I know when we did, they advertized they would work up to 900 ft or something. We could walk up to the end of the culdesac, at least 900 ft away and still use them. Are they better now? Could BC have started out for HT, got on Lochmere Dr., initiated the call, goosed the BMW a little, let his cell phone ring 10 times before he answers, and have at least been up to Kildaire? Or does the call drop when the handset initiating the call is out of service? I'm not thinking so.

And I'll say this, cause i've only posted a few times - I'm really thinking there's no way he did it, but just thought bout the cordless phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14