Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME said "most likely" died from... Even the ME could not nail the cause of death down with 100% conviction. I would suspect since the body was found at a drainage ditch instead of in front of a toilet that it would not be relevant. He did state that the hyoid is just beneath the skin and not that difficult to access when he was asked. I believe that was asked for a reason.

Well, your pal Kurtz is not questioning strangulation as cause of death.
Odd you are?

I don't buy that either because he would have planned it better and would have hid the body better.

Hopefully there is no offense to my eliminating part of your response as I only want to comment on the above. It appears, that whoever committed this murder, hid the body in a perfect spot. The water and the surrounding elements really did a toll on eliminating evidence.

None of those incidents ended up with someone dead. It does happen but in this case, so far, there is no evidence of a random killer. Spousal homicides happen too, far more often than random. So far the biggest issue for me is that he was able to identify the one item left on the body before he knew anything about the person other than that a female body was found, and this is after he stated that he didn't see her before she left the house. MOO

That (id of the bra and only the bra) is kind of a kicker isn't it ?

Hello, I've never posted here before so I hope I'm doing this okay. I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. The two cousins that were arresed for the murder of the young UNC student in May 2008; one died and the other was convicted? Anyway, I'm not sure, but being so close to the same time as NC's murder,(I think), did the investigators look at them as well? I was reading something about her the other day and wondered. Thx..

My perspective - he was trying to offer up some means of id. We already know she had more than one pair of running shoes, I'm sure she had more than one tshirt and several pairs of shorts. I think my wife only has one running bra. Very logical statement by him

The ME said "most likely" died from... Even the ME could not nail the cause of death down with 100% conviction. I would suspect since the body was found at a drainage ditch instead of in front of a toilet that it would not be relevant. He did state that the hyoid is just beneath the skin and not that difficult to access when he was asked. I believe that was asked for a reason.

I don't find that unusual. Scientists speak in terms of possibilities unless there is absolute proof. Even with evidence, it's still a theory. Unless the scientist is there to witness the event and be able to say for sure exactly what happened, it will always be termed as "likely" or "probable".

Are there standard child support tables in NC like the one I found for Alberta?

There are standared tables in NC. But often you will find that the amount is ajusted through proceeding based on the domestic situation...Both parents worked...only one worked...so on an so forth...but their is a standard table that people who have similar salaries use to determine CS. Alimony is a seperate issue though.

My perspective - he was trying to offer up some means of id. We already know she had more than one pair of running shoes, I'm sure she had more than one tshirt and several pairs of shorts. I think my wife only has one running bra. Very logical statement by him

You might get away with that if another sports bra (all black) and red t-shirt had not been observed and collected from the dining room table.

But how long does it take for them to drop on the receiving end?

This is why the local call detail records from TWC will become very important. The call disconnect cause code can distinguish a normal call disconnect versus an abnormal call disconnect. The abnormal would occur in the situation that you are describing, moving the landline out of its intended range.

My wife runs on the Lochmere greenway alone. We don't live there, but she drives over, does the Java Jive thing, runs. She was once given pause by a van slowing down - it spooked her. I know dozens of families over there. One lady told me of a truck that did a uturn behind her, freaked her out, She stopped running, the truck stopped, several feet away - passenger door opens. Another stranger - a woman in a minivan comes upon the scene, slides open her door and yells for the runner to hop in. Another crime avoided.

these two incidents give me, along with about a thousand other problems, much doubt to Brad's guilt. BTW, I don't know the cooper's nor any other the folks involved.

47" is way narrow for a car, but not a small landscape trailer to haul debris or one riding mower in. Lots of students, and adults earn extra money on weekends mowing lawns.

BC would not have taken care of everything else (except maybe the computer??) but botched the body dump. Another minute and that body would have stayed deep in the woods for weeks. A smaller man, or woman, dragged her by the bra out of whatever vehicle, surely leaving some trace along the truck or door or trailer edges, just a few feet away.

random happens. even in Cary.

Nancy's friends and most current running partner testified she never ran alone.

"Botched body dump" ????
" in the woods for weeks"?

The turkey buzzards circle over the woods too.
Right, it was a 'dump'....and quick, so to get the hell out of dodge.

I don't know, but would assume. My brother in law went thru this in NC and so I'm very familiar with it. And it was an extreme hardship for him (had 2 daughters) and didn't make near what BC made.

If high child supports awards are related to so many men murdering their wives in NC, then maybe something needs to be done to ensure that the awards do not leave one party with financial ruin. Nancy was asking for 25% more than she would receive in Canada per federal child support guidelines.

I simply do not believe a random killer strangled her for no apparent reason - no sexual reason - and he takes her shoes, her socks, her shorts, her underwear, and her shirt with him when he leaves, apparently desperately tries to get her jogging bra off but abandons that attempt and leaves it rolled up under her armpits, and doesn't take two diamond earrings. A random stranger killer makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. There was no robbery. I don't personally believe there was a sexual assault. I haven't seen evidence that convinces me there was a sexual assault. So the random stranger killing just doesn't get it for me.

I don't find that unusual. Scientists speak in terms of possibilities unless there is absolute proof. Even with evidence, it's still a theory. Unless the scientist is there to witness the event and be able to say for sure exactly what happened, it will always be termed as "likely" or "probable".

No, not so much. Victim died from a bullet penetrating the heart is much different that victim "most likely" died of asphyxiation due to strangulation. The ME himself stated that he based in cause of death to some degree on the circumstances and not solely on his findings.

I thought it was odd that he said there was nothing remarkable about the intestines since NC said she had Crohn's disease. My dad had Crohn's and it seems strange to me that there would have been no indication of lesions or ulcerations new or old in the intestinal lining. I wonder why they did not ask that specifically during the cross?

You might get away with that if another sports bra (all black) and red t-shirt had not been observed and collected from the dining room table.

So now this crime scene expert who leaves no trace, has two more days to think what he'll say when they discover her, and the first thing he sez is basically, "I know what she has on, its a black and red sports bra!" Either he's brilliant, or he's dumb as dirt - he's not both at the same time.

I simply do not believe a random killer strangled her for no apparent reason - no sexual reason - and he takes her shoes, her socks, her shorts, her underwear, and her shirt with him when he leaves, apparently desperately tries to get her jogging bra off but abandons that attempt and leaves it rolled up under her armpits, and doesn't take two diamond earrings. A random stranger killer makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. There was no robbery. I don't personally believe there was a sexual assault. I haven't seen evidence that convinces me there was a sexual assault. So the random stranger killing just doesn't get it for me.

Hopefully the jury will use their common sense on this too.

Sports bras. Have you ever tried one on, or tried to get out of one that didn't have a zipper in the front? Holy cow. I got stuck in one of those things and never put it back on again. It did not have a zipper.

But Brad said that Nancy often wore two at a time. Whoever put the one on her that night or morning, probably gave up. Cause we ladies who have to have them, we eventually know the tricks to getting them off and on with ease (zippers, for one thing, in the front). No zipper equals entrapment and panic.)

You should look at some of the odd behaviors of killers. Some collect as a token of their kill some really strange things. From the few things that I have read, it does not seem odd that the killer would leave the body naked. They take a lot of the potential physical evidence with them that way. All killers do not have theft and rape on the mind...sad as it is, some kill for the thrill of just watching a human die. It is sick, but it is not unheard of.

Logical? CPD:" We found a body.". BC:"She always ran in a sports bra.".

Where are the missing parts? You know, where a husband who didn't murder his wife asks, "Is it her?"

Maybe a logical statement if CPD had said, "What does she normally run in?"

Are we for sure that she wasn't concerned about having gotten an STD from her husband?

If JP is the same guy HM was with and JP's wife has an STD...pretty close to NC, explains the test to me.

So now this crime scene expert who leaves no trace, has two more days to think what he'll say when they discover her, and the first thing he sez is basically, "I know what she has on, its a black and red sports bra!" Either he's brilliant, or he's dumb as dirt - he's not both at the same time.

Are you saying that you believe that BC is a crime scene expert? What about the possibility of him rehearsing in his head what he would say the moment he was told that the body had been found and blurted out the description of the sports bra before he was told what she was wearing? That's another possible scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member