Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall are some very imaginative folks. I'm engaged in the debate, for the first time. that doesn't make me this MH guy - whomever he is. I'm just a curious dad - How in the world does a dad take away the mother of his daughters? that's what I'm curious about. And its so close to where we live. I guess there's just no respect on here for a different perspective on her other than BC did it. No hard feelings. Thought I had had some thought provoking angles and experiences to pass along - guess not. My bad.

Easy....he did not love their mom....he loves Brad

On the edge of a cul de sac in a new subdivision?

How long do you think he was gonna spend back there disposing of her body?

Only takes a minute to walk, jog, another hundred feet into the woods. That's why I say if he did it, he botched the dump. He thought everything else through, so they say.

So you believe this random killer took her shoes, socks, underwear, shirt and left behind the only item that her husband was able to identify as what she would have been wearing on that given day?

I don't find the sports bra thing odd. I have several and every one of them is black and red and all of my shorts and biker shorts are black. It would not be that big a deal for my hubby to say that because that is all I have and wear. I don't know what color array she had as I'm not sure that it has ever been stated.

I don't find it odd that a killer would attempt to take all of the clothing either as tokens or as a means of reducing or eliminating the amount of physical evidence and yeah, if they thought they heard someone coming they may have hauled hiney before they could get the bra off.

And yet this killer with this odd fetish of stealing almost all the clothes off a woman during daylight out on a city street wasn't seen before and hasn't been seen since. No other dead bodies turning up minus their jogging shoes, socks, shorts, undies, tee-shirt or tank top. But I guess the odds of it being a random fetish killer is far greater than it being a pissed off husband who spies on his wife's emails, sleeps in a separate bed, has sexual relations with someone other than his wife, is going through a nasty divorce, and whose wife is going around the neighborhood telling their friends how horrid he is while he's drowning in debt and seemingly isn't happy about ponying up some child support or alimony. Yeah, I can see why the defense is so desperately trying to pin this on JP - the random killer thing just ain't working.

You win for best post, IMO!

Hello, I've never posted here before so I hope I'm doing this okay. I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. The two cousins that were arresed for the murder of the young UNC student in May 2008; one died and the other was convicted? Anyway, I'm not sure, but being so close to the same time as NC's murder,(I think), did the investigators look at them as well? I was reading something about her the other day and wondered. Thx..

Hi. Wow, I had forgotten about that case, Eve Carson, right? I can't remember the details now, but I think they knew her, right? I'm sorry, maybe someone else remembers that. If they were investigated, it was never mentioned.

By the way I am not suggesting that blurting out the bra she was wearing is not odd. It's just not smoking gun level for me.

Only takes a minute to walk, jog, another hundred feet into the woods. That's why I say if he did it, he botched the dump. He thought everything else through, so they say.

In my opinion it was still dark out and the perp was panicking, I don't think he is a serial killer so he wasn't use to doing this type of thing and thought lets just get her out of the car ASAP to a remote area and give me time to think while everyone is searching for her. Maybe he was somewhat normal in his thinking and thought eew dead body this is freaking me out, dump fast and run!

I doubt anyone could have predicted that, do you really think that? I think a large lake would have made more sense, don't you? They may have never found the body, but right in a construction area of new homes? That to me = not premeditated if he did do it.

It was a drainage ditch. So I am assuming that it was expected to have water.

So no one is allowed to think someone did it or try to get someone to admit it? At this pace no murders would ever be solved!

And saying, "We found a body" is hardly trip-up material. It's a statement. One, unfortunately, that PDs have to make every day, to which they normally receive responses of tears, fear, disbelief, and horror.

Is this exchange on tape? Do we know that's exactly what they asked? Sure, they can think whatever they want, unless it gives them tunnelvision in their investigation. usually the tunnelvision would come after some piece of evidence, and they needed more, not before there was any evidence.

I don't find the sports bra thing odd. I have several and every one of them is black and red and all of my shorts and biker shorts are black. It would not be that big a deal for my hubby to say that because that is all I have and wear. I don't know what color array she had as I'm not sure that it has ever been stated.

I don't find it odd that a killer would attempt to take all of the clothing either as tokens or as a means of reducing or eliminating the amount of physical evidence and yeah, if they thought they heard someone coming they may have hauled hiney before they could get the bra off.

So you honestly think that is the one and only thing your husband would focus on? Why didn't he say that she always wore black shorts?

ETA: But they did manage to take off the t-shirt while leaving behind the bra. I'm not buying it.

Hi. Wow, I had forgotten about that case, Eve Carson, right? I can't remember the details now, but I think they knew her, right? I'm sorry, maybe someone else remembers that. If they were investigated, it was never mentioned.

No one ever mentioned the case all the way up in Chapel Hill was related. I believe those 2 guys were in a gang and just wanted some money. Very freaky though, and no, they did not know her or who she was, they just grabbed her and the car and made her get money and then shot her in the head and took off :(

I have read quite a bit about decomposition over the past few years, including some very detailed information about the "Body Farm" near University of Tennessee. They had researchers just sit and watch the body decompose over time, daily, hourly, making notes about what order the insect invasions happened. They have positioned bodies in nearly every conceivable place and monitored the decomposition. It is fascinating, but I, for one, would carry nose plugs.

They have placed bodies in the trunks of cars, buried in shallow graves, in concrete pipes, luggage, water and the list goes on. They were even doing research at one point about people properly buried in a casket, and if it was better to have an air tight casket or not.

This is one reason I was disappointed in the ME for not having a closer TOD. There might be testimony from others later, but with the stated insect activity, I think they should be able to get TOD down to a period of a couple of hours.

Sorry to be so slow to respond, CP, but I have lots to catch up on this thread tonight... Yes, I did some Body Farm reading last night, too, and I almost wished I had some Vick's Vapo Rub under my nose just in reading it!! And I agree, maybe it's more science than our state can afford, or whatever, but I was a bit disappointed like you in the lack of narrowing down a TOD.

So far it is looking better for the defense -- as long as Kurtz doesn't get any worse and the judge strangles him... BTW, I agree w/you on Scarsdale... but I am afraid, if BC is guilty and does an OJ on us, that this may be a bad indictment on CPD and our whole NC forensic network. But this is all premature, I know, but it's worrying me.

The fat lady has not sung yet.

It was a drainage ditch. So I am assuming that it was expected to have water.

Yes, but she wasn't hidden is what I'm saying. If someone had time to plan it, I just don't think they would have placed her there. Oh, how awful:(.

Do we know if the drainage ditch where NC was found had standing water? Was dragged for shoes, shorts, top, etc?

Not working for me....sorry.

So you honestly think that is the one and only thing your husband would focus on? Why didn't he say that she always wore black shorts?

ETA: But they did manage to take off the t-shirt while leaving behind the bra. I'm not buying it.

Focus on...If he was asked what I was or might have been wearing I suppose he would focus on it. Maybe she did not always wear black shorts but always wore a black and read sports bra. Don't we all always focus on the one thing that we know for sure?

I'm not selling it...like you, I'm just exploring possibilities. I have not yet seen all of the evidence so I am hesitant to condemn a man based on what I know right now. I am not trying to make people angry with that position.

Yes, but she wasn't hidden is what I'm saying. If someone had time to plan it, I just don't think they would have placed her there. Oh, how awful:(.

If Brad killed her, his window of time to dump a body was tiny. He couldn't risk having her found before a time that would be normal for running and he couldn't risk being seen dumping her. That makes it much more likely that he did kill her. A random killer in a van would have been more likely to have driven miles away from that site. MOO

No one ever mentioned the case all the way up in Chapel Hill was related. I believe those 2 guys were in a gang and just wanted some money. Very freaky though, and no, they did not know her or who she was, they just grabbed her and the car and made her get money and then shot her in the head and took off :(

I think maybe they were referring to the UNC-C Student who was strangled in Wilmington in May 2008, Irina Yarmolenko.

The newly paved FIELDING DRIVE at the time of Nancy's murder, where she was dumped, was obscure as far as, all it had was the paved road as I recall. I don't remember any houses on that little spur of a street with cul de sac. Lots of us went out there right after her murder.

Coming from the main road you'd have to travel to get to her dump site, the road she was left beside had a bit of a blind curve in it, and you wouldn't have any reason to go down there yet, unless you wanted to look at a lot or scrubby woods. It was not inviting. I could only imagine lovers (kids) going out there to mess around, smoke, whatever.

If I were going to dump a body, I'd just leave my car on the pavement so as not to make tracks, but the dirt had rocks, debris, and weeds in it, not some plain, nice dirt that would make good tire tracks. I didn't look at that possibility as much as I just wanted to look around and get out of there. I was isloated.

I can even more see the body dumper driving on around the cul de sac, so as to be well hidden to oncoming cars, not that anyone would be out there at all. I'd have the car on the opposite side of the road she was dumped, and the car would be heading the direction to leave with no turning around the cul de sac.

No big decision. You just had to go there to think about it.

The thing I can't remember is whether the street lights were working then. I'm thinking yes, but not sure. Again, it's in the docs somewhere or in the WS forums that we discussed way back.

But no, at the time she was dumped, it was just paved road and woods right there. Any houses were few, and way in the distance or hidden by woods.

ETA: and if I had to quickly find a dump site for a body with no cameras, or people around, I'd head down Holly Springs Road too. If you keep going, you'd eventually come to some good spots. This guy just got lucky, I guess, unless it was planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025