State v Bradley Cooper - 3/24/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a work IP phone in my remote office in another city.
Yes, it rings my cell after 3 rings go unanswered.
You can program all kinds of different forwarding scenarios.

I am looking forward to the VOIP expert.
I'm thinking that and the computer forensics will be the nails in Brad's coffin.

I am totally looking forward to it. It should either be the nail in the coffin or what sets him free. The scary thing is it could be complex enough to unjustly set him free if he did do anything more complex like using asterisk.

I'm thinking he may not have been quite technical enough to pull the asterisk scenario off.

The same guy that said he didn't even know how to find his call log on his cell?
Yea right Brad. You are a liar.

Yes, and I think it was a thing of beauty the way question was asked about his inability to find his call log on a his cell phone and then the picture shown of NINE PHONES in BC's office along with his PHONE AWARD!

I would have been ejected from the courtroom at that point for braying with laughter like a big donkey at that point! HAHAHAHA!

I am totally looking forward to it. It should either be the nail in the coffin or what sets him free. The scary thing is it could be complex enough to unjustly set him free if he did do anything more complex like using asterisk.

I'm thinking he may not have been quite technical enough to pull the asterisk scenario off.

No, he is VERY technical. Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) for VOIP. They don't hand those out as Crackerjack prizes. This is a PhD. level networking certification. I know some sharp cookies that have taken the regular CCIE test 3 times and still have not passed it.

That is VERY interesting that the call was shown to the Cisco system. Yep, I think I hear the fat lady warming up in the wings. I have thought for a while that he set up some kind of call forwarding so that the call appeared to come from home. So, he calls the work phone from the cell, the work phone has been set to forward all calls to his home line, the home phone is set to forward to the cell? Tinker to Evans to Chance?

Can someone lay out the phone call timeline with the just-learned-about phone call on it?

I am thinking he went to the store for the first item, came back, called his cell to locate, went back, called his Cisco number, got a call from home. Is that correct?

Cleaning the car for his kids, you mean?
The house was a pig pen when Nance returned from vacation.
What makes you think he would suddenly change his ways?

Premeditation of murder, maybe?? :twocents:

Okay, I know nothing about call forwarding and all of this phone stuff is confusing to me. But I'm sure there is a record of their land line phone calling the cell phone. I think with call forwarding, it would not appear on the bill as coming from the land line, would it? Would it not appear on the phone that placed the call?

My husband is a double CCIE and has been at Cisco for 12 years (although not a VOIP engineer) and he has no idea how one could make a call appear to originate from the land line. Just saying.

No, he is VERY technical. Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) for VOIP. They don't hand those out as Crackerjack prizes. This is a PhD. level networking certification. I know some sharp cookies that have taken the regular CCIE test 3 times and still have not passed it.

That is VERY interesting that the call was shown to the Cisco system. Yep, I think I hear the fat lady warming up in the wings. I have thought for a while that he set up some kind of call forwarding so that the call appeared to come from home. So, he calls the work phone from the cell, the work phone has been set to forward all calls to his home line, the home phone is set to forward to the cell? Tinker to Evans to Chance?

Ok in theory yes he should be able to do something with asterisk. I certainly would not say that everybody with a CCIE Voice would be able to do the things that would have needed to be done to pull everything off cleanly. Cleanly being they operative word. I can see pieces of things that point to it but man, very sloppy is he did.

The prosecution witness did not believe it was body fluids and believed it was consistent with food.

Not to be soooo gross, but vomit contains food most of the time - particularly if you vomit up what you just ate recently. A laundered item might not contain much of fluids left, but a greasy stain from some food in the vomit might still be there in a minute amount - and the witness couldn't even find that stain when looking for it while on the stand. So it's not like she dropped a chili dog on her dress and left a big 'ole greasy stain.

Another thing we learned from Det. Youngs testimony today was that both the bedroom Brad was sleeping in and the exercise room windows were the facing the street. The girls room and the entertainment room were on the right of the hallway which means the windows in those rooms were looking out into the backyard.

So ok here is another thing that I caught but didn't understand the context of the "thumb drives"

Did the forensics officer testify that he found that thumb drives in the Cooper house? Or were they found elsewhere or made elsewhere?

If I recall the one labeled Verizon 6280 had data on it and the one labeled motorola something did not. That indicates to me they are data dumps from the cell phones.

Verizon 6280 is a Blackberry model.

Okay, I know nothing about call forwarding and all of this phone stuff is confusing to me. But I'm sure there is a record of their land line phone calling the cell phone. I think with call forwarding, it would not appear on the bill as coming from the land line, would it? Would it not appear on the phone that placed the call?

My husband is a double CCIE and has been at Cisco for 12 years (although not a VOIP engineer) and he has no idea how one could make a call appear to originate from the land line. Just saying.

Ask Kevin Mittnick. He was the hacker that they caught in Raleigh about 10 years ago, from California. He hacked an Alltel cellular switch and a GTE landline switch so they thought the calls he was placing were being handled by the other service, so there were confusing records and no cellular billing for the calls.

I remove my hat at your Husband's skill! Seriously. I do some networking, but most of my stuff is handled by the customer these days so I am not pursuing the Cisco Certification path, but I have a lot of respect for that certification, and a DOUBLE... cool.

(I don't know what happened to the rest of this quote, but it was about the bear painting, and what did the bear painting have to do with anything?)

I remember something about the bear painting back in the early days of the murder. Someone help me. Something may have been said about Nancy knowing the artist and i think the artist was from Canada? I think there might be a relationship there somehow. I can't remember if Nancy had wanted to impress the artist by buying the piece. It's all fragmented in my memory, but I remember something to do with that painting!

If Nancy meant that as a graduation gift for Brad's NCSU accomplishments, wow. The painting suggests one's wild, untamed power. You are face to face with the life sized bear. That brings fear to me, respect for the power of nature, and happiness that it's only a painting, not reality.

I would never pay $9000, nor would I pay $900 for that. I would admire it if I liked it, and move on. I would not want to spend my meal time in the dining room with a huge wild bear standing up in my face. Bears smell terrible, by the way!

With that much money, I could have paid off some bills, put away for a rainy day. But that painting? I could see it in the student union of a college that has a bear mascot, or a veterinary school. Not at MY dining room table.

PC, I, too, remember something about NC and the Bear artist & Canada.

You are also right, IMO, about the BEAR. NIMBY (although it may have helped theirs), and totally not in my dining room.... children's nightmare material, and mine as well.

But yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it on the bear & NC.
icon7.gif

The switch within the network is the device that determines which number goes out across the caller id. Depending on the switch configuration it can show the original number (Cisco IP Phone) or the number from which the call is being forwarded (Home). The kicker would be, that same switch should have a notation in the call processing details that indicate the call was a forwarded call rather than originating from "Home". Would not necessarily show in the simple call log but rather in the switch processing details.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited: Ok so I didn't answer the actual question at all. To answer the call log question, when the IP Phone rings the home phone the home phone then sends the call forward to the cell phone. The call should show up on the call log because it would in essence be a billable call. otherwise people could set their call to forward to a number overseas for example and if that forwarded call did not leave a call record it could not be billed and would then be free. We all know Ma Bell does NOT do free! :-)

To add, possibly the clothes she was wearing when she died, the dress I mean.

And can you imagine her Mom & Dad & sister seeing that dress?

I was almost in tears thinking about them seeing their daughter's/sister's shoes shown to everybody. That one got me....

And can you imagine her Mom & Dad & sister seeing that dress?

I was almost in tears thinking about them seeing their daughter's/sister's shoes shown to everybody. That one got me....

The shoes and the purse got me too, borndem!

Ask Kevin Mittnick. He was the hacker that they caught in Raleigh about 10 years ago, from California. He hacked an Alltel cellular switch and a GTE landline switch so they thought the calls he was placing were being handled by the other service, so there were confusing records and no cellular billing for the calls.

I remove my hat at your Husband's skill! Seriously. I do some networking, but most of my stuff is handled by the customer these days so I am not pursuing the Cisco Certification path, but I have a lot of respect for that certification, and a DOUBLE... cool.

Ahh yes Kevin Mittnick, hacking legend! Now he's one of the good guys, thank goodness! LOL, can we get him to consult here on this case?

PC, I, too, remember something about NC and the Bear artist & Canada.

You are also right, IMO, about the BEAR. NIMBY (although it may have helped theirs), and totally not in my dining room.... children's nightmare material, and mine as well.

But yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it on the bear & NC.
icon7.gif

The bear painting is by Les Thomas, a Canadian artist. It's listed on the seperation agreement (I looked it up because I did like it;))

Whew this phone stuff is complex enough already. I hope it doesn't have to go into to asterisk type stuff or it could be ridiculously difficult for a Jury to understand the ins and outs and it will be very hard to prove. That's where I worry about a killer going free if he did indeed do it.

Hmm this is true 476-2001 could very well have been work voicemail or accessing his work IP Phone. He could then use the IP Phone to dial his home phone which he previously forwarded to his cell.

The question then would be, does the forwarded call show the Cisco number or the home phone number when it forwards the call.

This would explain call #1 "missed call" to set up forwarding however this should show up on call records.

At any rate it looks very fishy to me

But the TWC records would show an incoming call to the home phone line. I'm trying my best to figure out a way to do this calling into Cisco's automated system. It allows you to enter an extension to dial (ie, an internal number, not an external one). But I can't think of a way for this to generate a call using TWC that doesn't show an incoming call to TWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc