State v Bradley Cooper - 3/25/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you listen to the defense cross of detective Thomas regarding the handling of NC's cell phone and the record keeping of computers?

I disagree with your opinion of them, based on the facts I mentioned in my previous post as well as other things, such as no investigation of John Pearson as a suspect.

You are okay with them not questioning witnesses who claimed to have seen her that morning?

What about no imprints made of tire tracks at the scene?

They failed to follow all leads in this case. I think that has been established.

Why would John Pearson be a suspect?
Just because Kurtz thinks he should be doesn't mean a thing.
Kurtz can call him to the stand and grill him if he wants. Bet he won't because Kurtz knows he has an alibi and zero motive.

JA would not have went to the extreme and called the non emergency line at the police if they didn't have plans......to me, that is just plain and simple common sense. We can debate when the plans were made, but the fact she called the police tells me she was expecting Nancy and that she was worried for her friend because of the state of their marriage. JMO

The HP workstation was sitting on the far right side of his desk, the long edge of the L-shaped desk.

He had 3 computers in his office.

You believe that there is another computer, one not mentioned in any search warrant, or any portion of trial testimony, or opening, that shows up in one of the pictures of the Cooper house?

Can you please point to that photo? Either as attached to WRAL, or at a specific point in the testimony feed?

How do AT&T records show a call from the home phone to the cell phone if they didn't receive that information from TWC? Just trying to understand where that call supposedly came from.

We haven't seen the TWC records yet.
All we saw last week was AT&T wireless.

I have had to add a couple of posters here to my ignore list. I will only respond to posts that are addressed to me in a respectful manner. If I feel I am being attacked or ridiculed you will be added to my ignore list. And those of you who do not appreciate my posts, please free to put me on your ignore list.

Again, JA said that she did not discuss plans to paint Saturday a.m. until Friday afternoon. Nancy had to have had the plan first before she brought it up to J.A. She had to be planning it for herself. She would not have made other plans if she was already planning to make plans with J.A. (I hope that made sense.) BC made no plans with NC about playing tennis as far as we know. He had already gone home when MH approached NC. NC and BC did not speak any more after he left the party according to what he has told investigators.

I have no doubt NC told CC that early Friday am via cell phone she was most likely going to paint at JA's Saturday AM. JA only said they confirmed it later at the party. Sounds like NC was counting on that all along.
Kurtz's attempt at impeaching these 2 witnesses was weak.

In the deposition he explained using Cisco wireless IP Phones to replace the cordless phones in his home. This could only happen in 2 ways, 1 he was on a separate Cisco VoIP network or 2 he used his own Call Manager and Voice Gateway to connect to the PSTN in this case TWC Digital Voice. In this case TWC would show the call.

Huh? TWC is most certainly not the PSTN. TWC is a service provider that offers VoIP (they call it Digital Voice). They provide the connection from their VoIP network to the PSTN. The PSTN is the Public Switched Telephone Network and is a circuit switched (analog) network, not VoIP.

So, getting a call from his private VoIP network to the TWC network would require some type of VoIP-to-VoIP bridging.

I don't know how this spoofing of calls works and how it is initiated and comes through one network but not another network. I'm going to have to wait and see when the expert is on the stand and when the evidence is presented. I couldn't even guess, as I'm not an engineer.

Ok I could buy that. If he spoofed the caller id it would show up correctly on the call record but there would not be a corresponding TWC call. That would be so easy to prove though. I will be so technically disappointed if that is it! :banghead:

You believe that there is another computer, one not mentioned in any search warrant, or any portion of trial testimony, or opening, that shows up in one of the pictures of the Cooper house?

Can you please point to that photo? Either as attached to WRAL, or at a specific point in the testimony feed?

I don't have the picture handy, but you can watch the video feed of when Jason Ice is on the stand. Brad's desk forms an L-shape.

On the short side of the L, on the desktop is his IBM laptop. The monitor is on the wall. BELOW where his laptop is, in a special vertical shelf, is a tall computer (tower or a desktop turned sideways). On the surface of his desk, on the far right side of the long L shape, near where he had his Clorox wipes, is another smaller monitor and (I thought) an HP desktop computer. I remember the smaller monitor; I don't remember looking at the HP desktop.

I have had to add a couple of posters here to my ignore list. I will only respond to posts that are addressed to me in a respectful manner. If I feel I am being attacked or ridiculed you will be added to my ignore list. And those of you who do not appreciate my posts, please free to put me on your ignore list.

Attacked or ridiculed?
I have not seen that:waitasec:

Sorry if your feelings were hurt.
I have seen responses to your posts that point out another point of view.
That is one of the points of this board, right?

Huh? TWC is most certainly not the PSTN. TWC is a service provider that offers VoIP (they call it Digital Voice). They provide the connection from their VoIP network to the PSTN. The PSTN is the Public Switched Telephone Network and is a circuit switched (analog) network, not VoIP.

So, getting a call from his private VoIP network to the TWC network would require some type of VoIP-to-VoIP bridging.

Actually no, TWC digital voice is voice over cable not VoIP. They provide an analog connection into the home which is why you can connect a regular phone directly into the system. It works like and interconnects with the PSTN. At this point pretty much all of the PSTN is a data network now anyway.

Nancy didn't firm up any plans with JA until Friday afternoon to paint on Saturday morning. That doesn't mean that Nancy wasn't planning to go over and paint so therefore would not be able to run Saturday a.m. I also don't know why she would discuss her Saturday plans with the people at the party on Friday night. I don't find the testimony of CC to indicate that anyone was lying about the Saturday painting.

I was thinking about this yesterday, as I was listening to the deposition tapes. I don't think Brad had any idea Nancy had plans to paint the next day. I think getting that first call from Jessica really through him off base. He wasn't expecting anybody else to 'miss Nancy' quite as quickly as she was *missed* by her friends. I think Brad made the tennis date so he's be able to say to Mike, 'well, I'm going to have to cancel, nancy is pissed at me and to pay me back, she is still out running, or what ever he might say. But the fact that nancy had plans to go to Jessica's first thing in the morning, that caught her totally off guard. I'd imagne it would have been no big deal to nancy to have to bring the girls with her. She was accustomed to caring for the girls while she did other stuff. They could play with Jessica's children.

I believe this is exactly where all this is headed with the phone logs. I believe we will see TWC phone logs in which NO call is shown coming from the home phone to Brad's cell phone on the morning of 7/12 at 6:40am.
Well, if that's the case, I don't understand the point in confusing the jurors with a bunch of mind-numbing technical details and debate about what skills Brad did or didn't have. Seems like you would just show the TWC records and put an TWC person up there to explain them and you are done.

There is an entire cottage industry of caller id spoofing services out there if you don't care that the spoofed phone's logs don't show an outgoing call. You don't need to be a CCIE or a telephony guru to do that. You just need to be able to google.

Well, if that's the case, I don't understand the point in confusing the jurors with a bunch of mind-numbing technical details and debate about what skills Brad did or didn't have. Seems like you would just show the TWC records and put an TWC person up there to explain them and you are done.

There is an entire cottage industry of caller id spoofing services out there if you don't care that the spoofed phone's logs don't show an outgoing call. You don't need to be a CCIE or a telephony guru to do that. You just need to be able to google.

I don't think there has been any testimony yet detailing BC's technical skills or knowledge has there?

I too don't understand the need to confuse the jurors (well I see why the defense would want to do that). The AT&T guy was there to establish foundation for the cell phone records so they could bring them into the case and explain the information contained on those records (and show that each call will connect to a cell tower and there were a few different cell towers in their area, depending on where they were driving). But it got very tedious and dry and long, I agree.

Why would John Pearson be a suspect?
Just because Kurtz thinks he should be doesn't mean a thing.
Kurtz can call him to the stand and grill him if he wants. Bet he won't because Kurtz knows he has an alibi and zero motive.

True. Seems there may be some confusion with what Kurtz 'said' in his opening and what has actually been testified to. There is a huge difference. In opening statements Kurtz said a lot of stuff that has already been proven inaccurate. And again, I hope the prosecution will be able to show, in an easy to understand manner, the differences when they wrap up everything in their closing.

The only testimony about Brad's mad technical skillz were when JA Young was on the stand and in the picture they showed a couple plaques Brad had on his file cabinet, one for his CCIE attainment and the other I'm not sure for what. The Prosecution in their opening mentioned that Brad was an expert in VOIP technologies.

I see you believed a lot of what Kurtz floated in his opening.
Thankfully, the actual witness testimony is what I intend to consider.

Here's my problem with CPD in this case. They had a potential eyewitness in the days that NC was missing and they didn't even talk to her during that time - because they didn't buy Brad's story

They've got Greer testifying that they told the ME that she was last seen at 12AM, not 7am - because they didn't buy Brad's story

They had the chief of police go in front of the media a few days later and say this was not a random crime - because they didn't buy Brad's story.

Now, at the end of the day it may not matter if he did it (probable), but that does not excuse the fact LE from day one had no intention of following any other lead despite at that point in time not having any hard evidence that Brad's story wasn't true.

Originally Posted by sunshine05

Kurtz said there was no immediate follow up with the witnesses who claimed they saw her that morning jogging - CPD didn't follow up until 2-3 months later. That is a fact. They were interviewed by CPD. Lets wait and see if Kurtz brings them to the stand. Betcha he won't.

Kurtz claims he has proof CPD did something to the computer. He is going to put Jay Ward (computer security expert) on the stand to show how this was done. I think that will also be shown to be a fact. Just because Kurtz said he was going to show CPD tampered with his computers, you think that is true? Do you honestly think the detectives we have seen on the stand would risk their job and freedom so they could frame Brad Cooper? I don't.

Kurtz asked CC when she found out that NC was planning to paint at JA's house on the morning of the 12th, she said she found out the morning of the 11th. Yet JA said the plans weren't made until 5PM the evening of the 11th. Someone is not being truthful about the painting story. It was not even in JA's appointment book, yet she had swim lessons and a party for her kids beginning at 10:30AM that morning. It doesn't add up. NC told no one at the party that night she was planning to paint the next morning. Not one person.
So do you think JA and her x-husband are lying about the painting that AM? Surely you don't think CC was intentionality lying when she said she heard that the morning of the 11th? Phone records prove CC spoke with NC after 5AM on the 11th. The plans apparently weren't 100% finalized, but the job was agreed on before and only finalized later that evening with JA. I find it quite believable that NC mentioned to CC that AM she was probably was going to paint Sat AM....later confirmed with JA. IMO, .

---------

Kurtz can 'claim' anything. He isn't under oath, he can't testify, he can 'claim' the sky is green... until a witness testify's to it, that's all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025