State v Bradley Cooper - 3/28/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about the cleaning? I am a stay at home mom with a hard working husband. I would never expect him to wake up early Sat. morning, take care of the kids, and clean the heck out of the house...albeit old fashion. Heck, I wouldn't even want to do that much cleaning on a Sat morning while watching 2 young children. Does everyone agree that is a crazy Sat. morning....while your wife is missing?

But you are in a functional marriage and not in "hate mode". This was by all desciptions a couple that was seperated but still living in the same house. Imagine if you had left for 8 days and left a clean house but came home to a wreck. Under the circumstances she may have demanded that he spend the weekend cleaning up his mess. I've tried hard to seperate myself out of this as to "what would I do". It's not easy because it's human nature. Example: my husband doesn't touch the laundry. That's my rule and he's fine with it. I don't want him messing up my clothes. (Lesson learned in the early days of marriage.) But, he does all the grocery shopping. It's not "traditional" but it is for us. So I can't say that he would or wouldn't have done any housework.

Can we talk about the cleaning? I am a stay at home mom with a hard working husband. I would never expect him to wake up early Sat. morning, take care of the kids, and clean the heck out of the house...albeit old fashion. Heck, I wouldn't even want to do that much cleaning on a Sat morning while watching 2 young children. Does everyone agree that is a crazy Sat. morning....while your wife is missing?

She wasn't missing yet. She was out. And she was probably pissed when she got home from vacay days earlier and the house was a wreck, the groceries were non-existent and she probably laid into him on it. Hence the need to muddle through loads of laundry, run to the grocery and try and clean. Been there, done that. I sucked at it too (when I was married at least) and NOTHING I did made that woman happy. And yet, I tried.

Loved your longer post, Lori (that was very cool!) on coincidences.

I am, btw, a professional fence sitter. (Working in Environmental Management and one of my largest responsibilities is conflict mediation and resolution and I am aware this is an odd combo, but a fun one).

But seriously, what fun would it be without both sides here? A whole lotta shorter posts and way less discussion.

Half the fun is in being able to sit down, tear everything apart and put it back together. Especially in trying to see what a jury is getting out of it.

Oh, the long post about coincidences was lees...but I agree, very cool!

I wonder if people at cisco have the trial up on their computers listening in stereo from their various cubicles...

Building 3 and Building 9 do. It is echoing in a muffled, whispering combo of headphones, mobile devices and desktop speakers cacophony.

Rock on, ncsu95! I have a good friend that is a defense lawyer. He sez his job is to make sure the State does their job - proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Methinks guys with young kids, educated, make a decent living - have a hard time figuring out how a guy in a similar circumstance would for even a second think that offing his wife would make his life better, or that he could even get away with it. Sure it could happen, but usually in different environments. Maybe its a mental illness.

I enjoyed the post of all the circumstancial stuff - it is interesting, but there are logical alternative explanations for those. Its just a matter of point of view. I'd be ticked the CPD was camping out at my house, following me everywhere, asking me the same questions over and over again. In Brad's point of view, why weren't they out there looking for the real killer? I'd be a little short on my answers, too, maybe even misleading, or leave out certain details, like a brief stop at Lowe's, cause - why would that be any of their business? BTW - that drop cloth is visquene (sp?) - about as useless as newspaper in concealing stuff - which seems to be what CPD is implying, with the different bags, etc.

Officer Hayes called Brad at 2:36 p.m. and left a message. Brad didn't go into LTF until 2:45 p.m. Officer Hayes calls again at 3:00 p.m.

I feel pretty safe in saying he ignored Officer Hayes' first call. Beyond that, he called and checked his voicemail at 2:55 p.m and STILL didn't return the call.

Building 3 and Building 9 do. It is echoing in a muffled, whispering combo of headphones, mobile devices and desktop speakers cacophony.

What a cool description. I drove through the cisco compound yesterday on the reroute for 540. I was wondering which bldg BC worked in!

As a home schooling stay at home Mom, I will say that if I am miffed at my husband for something, the first thing he will do is clean the heck out of the house. He knows it is something that will really lighten my load, give me an opportunity to relax and something I really appreciate.

But you are in a functional marriage and not in "hate mode". This was by all desciptions a couple that was seperated but still living in the same house. Imagine if you had left for 8 days and left a clean house but came home to a wreck. Under the circumstances she may have demanded that he spend the weekend cleaning up his mess. I've tried hard to seperate myself out of this as to "what would I do". It's not easy because it's human nature. Example: my husband doesn't touch the laundry. That's my rule and he's fine with it. I don't want him messing up my clothes. (Lesson learned in the early days of marriage.) But, he does all the grocery shopping. It's not "traditional" but it is for us. So I can't say that he would or wouldn't have done any housework.

True, I am in a happy marriage... which is why it is more likely for my husband to do something nice like that. My point was...they hated each other....I don't for a minute believe Brad was being the nice husband cleaning and taking care of the kids. He was taking care of the kids because Nancy was truly gone and he was cleaning up his evidence from the previous night. Just not a normal Sat. routine...

I think we can all look at some of the coincidences individually and understand how they could happen. But not all of them.

Carefully listening to this car thing at HT and this is what I got in case someone wasn't paying enough attention or had buffering issues like me today

1st trip car last seen at 626am
Car seen coming back second trip 641am

Detective said it takes between 4.5 and 6 minutes to get from HT to Coopers residence.

Assumption: He did not go home in between. Was he fixing the phone with his blackberry to have home call cell or just doing something else..

Hypothetical: 5 minutes home. 15 Mins of doing all the stuff he said he did. 5 mins back. Would this be unreasonable?

But not while your wife is out running! She came home from vacay, house was a wreck. Okay I scewed up. I don't want my kids to move to Canada. I can fix this. I'll start by taking the kids home, letting Nancy stay at party longer. I'll get up early w/ the kids tomorrow. I'll go to HT, twice w/o fussing. I'll clean the house, even finish the laundry Nancy started. This will be a new beginning for us. I can't bear to loose the kids. I'll swallow some ego, and make this marriage work!

Officer Hayes called Brad at 2:36 p.m. and left a message. Brad didn't go into LTF until 2:45 p.m. Officer Hayes calls again at 3:00 p.m.

I feel pretty safe in saying he ignored Officer Hayes' first call. Beyond that, he called and checked his voicemail at 2:55 p.m and STILL didn't return the call.

That is certainly not the *normal* behavior of an innocent man. He's out looking for his missing wife who went jogging at 7 a.m. and gets a call with a voice mail from a police officer and he doesn't call back? Couldn't she have been hit by a car and been in the hospital? A guilty man might be shocked that the police were calling him because the police should not have been called in so quickly or maybe she had already been found.

As a home schooling stay at home Mom, I will say that if I am miffed at my husband for something, the first thing he will do is clean the heck out of the house. He knows it is something that will really lighten my load, give me an opportunity to relax and something I really appreciate.

Yes, in a good marriage, I can see that as a nice gesture. These two were way past doing anything nice for each other.

We talked about this before, but my husband has to be busy all the time. He works 10 hours/day if not more, travels a lot, is on the phone a lot...very busy during the week. But weekends he does get up, asks me for a BJ's shopping list, does the vacuuming, yard work, starts laundry (if he traveled that week) and takes the kids out to either run errands or something fun. I know that is probably not typical. I am a sahm but I also homeschool so don't have as much time to clean as I would if I wasn't doing that. I do not ever ask him to help, he just does it. It's just his personality.

But not while your wife is out running! She came home from vacay, house was a wreck. Okay I scewed up. I don't want my kids to move to Canada. I can fix this. I'll start by taking the kids home, letting Nancy stay at party longer. I'll get up early w/ the kids tomorrow. I'll go to HT, twice w/o fussing. I'll clean the house, even finish the laundry Nancy started. This will be a new beginning for us. I can't bear to loose the kids. I'll swallow some ego, and make this marriage work!

Nope, not buying it. He did some major cleaning.......not just "make-up" get me in your good graces type cleaning. Nope...he was getting rid of evidence. JMO

Yes, in a good marriage, I can see that as a nice gesture. These two were way past doing anything nice for each other.

I don't personally believe that based on the sum total of evidence on that issue.

We talked about this before, but my husband has to be busy all the time. He works 10 hours/day if not more, travels a lot, is on the phone a lot...very busy during the week. But weekends he does get up, asks me for a BJ's shopping list, does the vacuuming, yard work, starts laundry (if he traveled that week) and takes the kids out to either run errands or something fun. I know that is probably not typical. I am a sahm but I also homeschool so don't have as much time to clean as I would if I wasn't doing that. I do not ever ask him to help, he just does it. It's just his personality.

Yes, sounds like that is common for you guys. Well deserved by the way! This was not common for Brad....

But I will not bring her the money, so she's still going to be pissed.

It definitely was a new beginning for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14