State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the testimony that he signed onto the laptop to do a search on Whitepages.com to find MH's number? That he used supposedly Nancy's log on? I don't recall reading that he looked for it in her phone. Maybe he was downstairs where that computer was and maybe that the log on he used was the family log on, maybe they didn't have separate log on's for that computer.

That's not what the testimony was. It was Nancy's account on that computer.

Settle down.
I never said random violence never happens in Cary.
I am native NC and have lived in Raleigh 34 years.
I know all about how Cary has transformed from the Mayberry sleepy suburb to being a diverse relocation meca from all over the country.
In fact, NY lead the way with the great IBM migration in the early 80's.

The migration started in the mid 70's and at that time, believe it or not, Kildaire Farm Rd was actually a farm, High House was a trailer park, Hardee's was the black tie restaurant.

Here's an interesting question. Does anyone really think that none of the 12 jurors are going to see or hear the stuff about the bookmark that was withheld, particularly given that it is the top story on the N&O's website? Yeah, yeah, I know about the oath and all that, but I just don't think that it's realistic that these people are going to lock themselves in a sensory deprivation chamber for 6 to 8 weeks to avoid hearing any news or seeing a newspaper or overhearing someone talking about it at Starbucks, etc.

I'm guessing that some of them know about it already and all will eventually.

There is one thing that stuck with me from the end of the deposition, when AS asked BC about journals he kept. He said he kept a journal from April to May of time he spent with the girls, or something to that effect. That sounds like something most spouses would be advised to do when entering a divorce/custody issue. And here is my question: why did he stop in May?

Thank you for that! And I guess the earlier comment proves my point exactly. Society has no idea what an abusive relationship looks like.

Physical abuse is many things, not just slapping and punching someone.

Lundy Bancroft, a national abuse expert, says that any abuse is not about anger management issues, it is about attitude. He lists ten mindsets that create an abusvie environment, whether it is emotional, physical, financial, etc.
1. The satisfaction of power and control
2. Getting his way, especially when it matters most to him.
3. Someone to take his problems out on.
4.Free labor from her, leisure and freedom from him.
5. Being the center of attention, with priority given to his needs.
6.Financial control.
7. Ensuring that his career, education , or other goals are prioritized.
8. Public status of being husband/good father, without anyone knowing what happens at home.
etc......

And I must respectfully say to those who think BC was not abusive, what is your personal experience? Before you judge, don't you feel it is fair and prudent to let people who have lived these scenarios compare their experiences with what they are hearing?

I don't think he abused her. that's my opinion. I don't think giving her a budget/allowance, whatever you chose to call it was abusive. Nonetheless, why is abuse always about only woman being abused, men are abused too, many times emotionally. I am not saying Brad was, I am just curious why it is always implied that only women are abused and it bothers me how easily abuse is thrown around as reasoning for so many things. I believe it happens, abuse, but I think it has also become too easy to just say it and everyone just believes it.

I did see him on the back row today. That's where I was yesterday when he sat beside me, and yeppers, he smells nice! I moved a little closer today, so he didn't sit by me, but NCB did, and she figured out who I was--it freaked me out! She smells good, too! :)

See, that's what I get for not turning around--I missed McDreamy! In the interest of full disclosure, I have to tell you that Full Disclosure is one of the nicest people on the planet.

I'm sorry I missed meeting JTF and others--next time, perhaps.

Abuse is not just physical. Abuse can be emotional, mental cruelty, controlling behaviors, etc. Domestic Violence organizations have a lot of information for women who may be in these kinds of situations. Unfortunately a lot of people think that unless a person is being hit or punched or slapped or somehow physically hurt, there is no abuse in the relationship. Interact of Wake County has a website for those who are confused as to what constitutes an abusive relationship.

Do they have it for men?

Here's an interesting question. Does anyone really think that none of the 12 jurors are going to see or hear the stuff about the bookmark that was withheld, particularly given that it is the top story on the N&O's website? Yeah, yeah, I know about the oath and all that, but I just don't think that it's realistic that these people are going to lock themselves in a sensory deprivation chamber for 6 to 8 weeks to avoid hearing any news or seeing a newspaper or overhearing someone talking about it at Starbucks, etc.

I'm guessing that some of them know about it already and all will eventually.

I wouldn't want to think about it or read anything when I got home. Listening to it all day would be enough for me. I bet here will be ONE that looks at that though!

Yes. I could see that she would have hidden them. Don't get me wrong. I think the evidence shows that he committed this crime but there are some "always" and "nevers" that don't seem to hold true. I don't think she left that morning to run by herself. She had already told CC that she couldn't run on Saturday. If she wanted a quick run to blow off some steam I believe she would have driven to LTF and run on the treadmill. There is absolutely nothing about his story regarding that Saturday morning that rings any kind of truth for me from this rather large man sleeping between two small children in that little bed (in his deposition he stated that he left the marital bed to sleep in the guest room when B was two because she kicked and he couldn't get a good night's sleep) to waiting two hours to decide to go get milk for a crying child. I believe he killed her and I'm in a minority in believing that they have enough evidence without the so called "smoking gun". I've seen people convicted on a lot less. But I guess that's up to the jury.

I agree, there is a lot of CE from all directions in this case that points to Brad. He was lucky in many respects...especially the blood under her nails and the DNA being degraded. That would be slam dunk evidence to go along with the scratch marks on the back of his neck and bandaged finger.

If the state does an effective closing with a power point and somehow ties this together, I can see a conviction. I do agree with johnfear that the state has not done a good job presenting evidence. It has been disjointed, and often totally ineffective. Still, I think it can be salvaged at closing.

I don't think he abused her. that's my opinion. I don't think giving her a budget/allowance, whatever you chose to call it was abusive. Nonetheless, why is abuse always about only woman being abused, men are abused too, many times emotionally. I am not saying Brad was, I am just curious why it is always implied that only women are abused and it bothers me how easily abuse is thrown around as reasoning for so many things. I believe it happens, abuse, but I think it has also become too easy to just say it and everyone just believes it.

Men can just as easily suffer abuse. I never saw any posts claiming otherwise. "Giving her an allowance," by itself, is not abuse. He did other things that were abusive, however, and even people who knew him in Canada have said as much on this forum.

He is quite a good actor. Because I saw them for years. And he always "acted" like he truly enjoyed being around his kids. Is it that odd to believe that he truly was a good father? What evidence points otherwise?

I have nothing to understand how BC rated as a father and I know neither BC nor NC. However it does bother me a bit that the water was turned off several times.

Bad or Good husbands are always the first suspect and must be ruled out when a wife turns up dead. Even bad husbands can help to remove the aura of suspicion if they cooperate with an investigation fully and tell the truth. Bad or good husbands that remain suspects and eventually are arrested are those husbands who make inconsistent statements and lie, have a motive, have the opportunity, has the means, and has a shady alibi.

not even his fiancée statement

From the first time I read that statement I thought she was a jilted girlfriend getting back at him. There is no corroborating evidence, that we are aware of that he was going into her apartment after he moved out. He left her for NC. I really felt that this woman's statement didn't make much sense. Why did she stay with him, they weren't married, if he behaved as badly towards her as she now wants us to believe?

If the pros call detective Daniels
I hope they just ask him a couple of questions pertaining to the fact Brad DID NOT fully co-operate with the Police...just so the defense can't keep him on the stand for 5 days

That's not what the testimony was. It was Nancy's account on that computer.

I wasn't in court obviously...but the tweets earlier said they both had accounts on that computer and the google searches were done under her account.

Now there you may have a point.
Not photographing his scratched neck and bandaged finger was inept, I agree.

I thought it has been discussed and understood that without a search warrant then the CPD could not take pictures of BC?

People going through a divorce will often say/do things they don't really mean out of hurt/anger (I can personally relate to this). Do you really believe he never wanted to see his kids again? I mean seriously, he opened himself up big time by fighting for custody of them.

He no more wanted to pay the Rentz child support than he wanted to pay NC child support.

I wasn't in court obviously...but the tweets earlier said they both had accounts on that computer and the google searches were done under her account.

If I read the tweet correctly it said the Detective testified that Brad logged into Nancy's account. Stands to reason he had to have - Brad said she left the home by 7 a.m. So at 8:30, if it wasn't Brad, who else would have logged into NC's account?

I run along Lochmere Drive from Cary Pkwy- down to Kildair, along Regency Lake, down Lily Atkins (very close to the area of Fielding Drive), behind the greenway off of Cary Pkwy. Yes. I have seen quite a few "sketchy" people. They are there. Depends on the time of day you run / walk. There have been many mornings that I am the only 1 out running along these paths. It is not like everyone joins in a does a neighborhood run. There are not always people out and about running / walking in these areas at all times during the day.

Let me just ask - why is it so unreasonable to think that this could have been a random act of violence? Why?

well Mr. Kurtz...your client will be found guilty because he is guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members