State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I actually live here in Lochmere. I actually run in the same areas. I actually witness the tons of gang graffiti along our greenways. I have actually called the CDP to bring attention to this. Any you know what? They didn't do a damn thing about it. Cary has a way of covering up its crimes. I had a friend who live along a greenway, in a very nice part of Cary. Some drunken low life crawled into her home's crawlspace and lit a fire - for no reason. So - don't tell me that random acts of violence can NOT happen in Cary.

Graffiti on the Lochmere greenway? Where?

Sorry if I got a bit huffy. Not my intention. I apologize. I just get so tired of everyone that lives in Cary thinking they are always safe and people not being aware of what is happening around them. We, in Lochmere, have dealt with tons and tons of in home and car breakins lately. People leave their doors unlocked, strangers enter their homes when they are sleeping and rob them blind. No where is safe.

I believe that if this crime would have happened in Raleigh the Raleigh Police would have done a much better job and gathering evidence and broadening their scope for possible suspects. I hate to say this, but I agree with the defendant's attorneys when the said the the CDP is inept at dealing with this situation.

Perhaps what you are seeing (especially in this crappy economy) is an influx of transient drifters looking for easy opportunity, often criminal.

Still, comparing Cary to a generic larger city in NC- Greensboro, it is obvious Cary is a much safer place to live.

Notice the Cary murder rate is not even hardly on the chart.......ZERO in 2006

makechart.asp

She didn't run with her cell phone. I thought CC also testified to that.

Originally Posted by SleuthinNC
How could her cell be in the drawer when JA saw it in her car? hmmm...

My point being - he didn't call her cell because he retrieved it from her car and brought it into the house. He knew she didn't have her phone - he didn't call her. He knew she was dead.

But it was an all an act. :rolleyes:

He is quite a good actor. Because I saw them for years. And he always "acted" like he truly enjoyed being around his kids. Is it that odd to believe that he truly was a good father? What evidence points otherwise?

Hello, everybody! I was in the courtroom again today and got "made" by another sleuther. She is a delight, and now I have a new friend. I just was able to make it to my computer tonight, and I read the first few pages, and then the last page of posts...will catch up later. It sounds like people aren't being nice to each other? C'mon, guys!

If anyone has any specific questions about today, I'll answer as best I can. Lay it on me.

I want to know if you got close enough to Det. McDreamy to smell him again. :floorlaugh: (Didn't you post he smelled good, or was that just my imagination?)

Perhaps what you are seeing (especially in this crappy economy) is an influx of transient drifters looking for easy opportunity, often criminal.

Still, comparing Cary to a generic larger city in NC- Greensboro, it is obvious Cary is a much safer place to live.

makechart.asp

That is why the CDP are "inept" to deal with such occurrences and why they botched up this case so much!!!

Interesting. I've lived in Cary since the early ninties and have never really seen more than a few "sketchy" people. Usually near Regency Lake when there's an event/concert going on. Cary does have a low crime rate, most of the murders that have occurred here were husbands killing their wives. We've had the guy who tossed his wife off the Cary Parkway overpass, the guy who killed his wife and then sat on the front steps and waited for the police, the guy who killed his wife and then set fire to a vehicle (I think somewhere on I-40).

I can't see Nancy running alone and heading down Holly Springs Road to the neighborhood in which her body was found. If she really went running at the time Brad specified, she would have been on trails in Lochmere, or around Regency, that would have people out doing the same thing. These are not places that "sketchy" people tend to hang out. And no, I don't run, but I do walk in Regency and Lochmere.

I think if Brad was really suicidal he wouldn't be using google to figure out a way to asphyxiate himself. I think it's possible he was looking for a way to make Nancy look like she had committed suicide. If Brad and Nancy were getting along and she disappeared on a run, he would have been begging the police to find her, not hiding in the house on the internet! We also wouldn't have all the CE that makes him the number one suspect.

Good post!

That is why the CDP are "inept" to deal with such occurrences and why they botched up this case so much!!!

Now there you may have a point.
Not photographing his scratched neck and bandaged finger was inept, I agree.

Originally Posted by SleuthinNC
How could her cell be in the drawer when JA saw it in her car? hmmm...

My point being - he didn't call her cell because he retrieved it from her car and brought it into the house. He knew she didn't have her phone - he didn't call her. He knew she was dead.

Did he then put the phone back in the car? Was the phone in the house or in the car. If the phone is in the house he has no reason to call to see if she is ok or where she is because she clearly does not have her phone.

It rang and had a voicemail on it from her boyfriend that said: Hey, pssst, Nancy, I'm in the cul-de-sac with the money and I'm getting nervous because Howard Kurtz is driving a van full of mexicans around the neighborhood and throwing computer parts out of the window in different driveways. Call me if you can't get here soon. PS. I have the ducks and the sticks and I grabbed all your clothes, oh.....but just one sports bra, so jump out the window and come on over here. Let's "jog". Oh, and bring an extra sports bra. The red and black one. See you soon.....BEEP

This actually made me LOL!! JF, you crack me up!!

This and the other day when you posted what the headlines would be after lunch. :)

makechart.asp

A news segment on a slew of break-ins here in Cary recently pointed out that they weren't really "break-ins". The residents left their doors unlocked. Most theft from cars around here is due to people leaving their cars unlocked. Me, I know better. Another major crime? Teens stealing beer from refrigerators in garages. Homeowners leave the doors unlocked. Sometimes they leave the garage door up slightly for animals when they're not home. And don't lock the interior door.

I'm very aware of my surroundings. I keep my doors locked. Home and car. Still doubt Nancy was the random victim.

I want to know if you got close enough to Det. McDreamy to smell him again. :floorlaugh: (Didn't you post he smelled good, or was that just my imagination?)

I did see him on the back row today. That's where I was yesterday when he sat beside me, and yeppers, he smells nice! I moved a little closer today, so he didn't sit by me, but NCB did, and she figured out who I was--it freaked me out! She smells good, too! :)

Interesting. I've lived in Cary since the early ninties and have never really seen more than a few "sketchy" people. Usually near Regency Lake when there's an event/concert going on. Cary does have a low crime rate, most of the murders that have occurred here were husbands killing their wives. We've had the guy who tossed his wife off the Cary Parkway overpass, the guy who killed his wife and then sat on the front steps and waited for the police, the guy who killed his wife and then set fire to a vehicle (I think somewhere on I-40).

I can't see Nancy running alone and heading down Holly Springs Road to the neighborhood in which her body was found. If she really went running at the time Brad specified, she would have been on trails in Lochmere, or around Regency, that would have people out doing the same thing. These are not places that "sketchy" people tend to hang out. And no, I don't run, but I do walk in Regency and Lochmere.

I think if Brad was really suicidal he wouldn't be using google to figure out a way to asphyxiate himself. I think it's possible he was looking for a way to make Nancy look like she had committed suicide. If Brad and Nancy were getting along and she disappeared on a run, he would have been begging the police to find her, not hiding in the house on the internet! We also wouldn't have all the CE that makes him the number one suspect.

I run along Lochmere Drive from Cary Pkwy- down to Kildair, along Regency Lake, down Lily Atkins (very close to the area of Fielding Drive), behind the greenway off of Cary Pkwy. Yes. I have seen quite a few "sketchy" people. They are there. Depends on the time of day you run / walk. There have been many mornings that I am the only 1 out running along these paths. It is not like everyone joins in a does a neighborhood run. There are not always people out and about running / walking in these areas at all times during the day.

Let me just ask - why is it so unreasonable to think that this could have been a random act of violence? Why?

What evidence exists that it was BC?

He said she was going jogging with CC when no such plans existed.
She was found wearing nothing but a sports bra and it was rolled under the way it does when someone puts it one but doesn't pull it down
She made zero communications with anyone from the time she left the neighbors
Brad has lied/changed stories about quite a few things regarding that morning
Brad blurted out that she always wore a red and black sports bra when he was notified that a body had been found
Brad did an enormous amount of cleaning and laundry that day
Nancy's diamond pendant that she always wore was found in the house.
There is absolutely no evidence linking the crime to anyone else.

That's the list off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member