State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NC went on vacay w/ MH. She called MH from her phone, handed phone to BC. Check out the defense petition to delay trial so they could get all those dvd's and booklets of info they just rec'd today, wanted those before the trial. Start reading the petition on page 61. There was a link to it earlier today.

vacation was with an MM, MH was the tennis date, correct? The original question was why did BC have to search white pages for MH's number.

the night of party, 7/11, NC called BC from her cell phone and then handed her cell phone to MH

The migration started in the mid 70's and at that time, believe it or not, Kildaire Farm Rd was actually a farm, High House was a trailer park, Hardee's was the black tie restaurant.

Yup, we arrived in 1973. Six Forks Rd was two lanes. :)

I've gotta hit the sack - enjoyed reading all the drama today. I knew there was no smoking gun. Too much late flurry of activity by pros for that to be the case. I, like the mother from Lochmere, just don't think he could do this. He was a caring dad, and looked like he was in amends mode w/ concerning NC. Gotta be away again for next 3 days, but want to post my theory this weekend - so if sunshine will start a new theory thread, I'll jump on there. Realtor mentioned NC was coming into some money real soon? Blackmail? Lover help? Needed more evidence against BC for custody/child support?

vacation was with an MM, MH was the tennis date, correct? The original question was why did BC have to search white pages for MH's number.

the night of party, 7/11, NC called BC from her cell phone and then handed her cell phone to MH

My bad - too many initials. thanks.

<snipped> The original question was why did BC have to search white pages for MH's number.

Maybe he wanted to call MH from the landline on his desk and just found it easier to look the # up on his computer rather than his cell?

eta - sorry, just went back and looked, evidently he looked up MH's number from the family computer rather than his desk/office computer. Could still be for the same reason tho -- easier to lookup online vs on his cell.

BBM--HUH??? According to Brad's former fiancee, she broke the engagement because Brad failed to support at the time of her grandfather's death, plus all the other times he acted without regard for her needs, etc.

It wasn't until later that Brad and Nancy met...

QUOTE]

I am not sure when he met Nancy, but in the 3rd point she says that BC and NC lived in the same apartment building after they broke up. I felt she sounded like a jilted lover.

I haven't followed the testimony today except very briefly and do not know why there is so much thread activity, but I can assure you she was no "jilted lover". I would describe her as level headed, relieved to have figured him out and her only regret being she had spent the time with him she did. My personal memory fades on this point, but I'm farily certain she moved out of the building before Nancy moved in. The reason she moved out of the building was because Brad had been caught breaking into her apartment to snoop after they broke up. This is why Brad lied about her name in the depositions. At one point I lived in the same building.

Didn't mean to imply you thought I was unreasonable, only to imply that I still have reasonable doubt. I also agree with respect to everyone having their own opinion.

Just sayin' I'd be a tough juror -- I'll need some pretty solid proof or substantial & solid circumstantial evidence and the state ain't there yet, imo.

No worries, bhooligan, on your first para - thanks for clarifying :)

On your 2nd part: I'd also be a tough juror. Extremely tough. I may *possibly*, not probably but possibly, find one of the gazillion "pooh-poohing" off of Brads lies, deception and inconsistencies as it appears a new wave of posters (welcome all, btw) prefer to believe. He's let off as being normal far too many times. That's just way to convenient for me!

But all of his thoughts, actions and statements are "OK"? No ways is a man either that dumb, stupid, lucky or forgetful. He has every minute detail "covered or explained" from the day before and the morning of NC's then disappearance. But he fumbles over, say for example, her dress? One of way too many inconsistencies, just can't name all here.

And then, as Juror X ... I'd ask myself this:

"Hmmmm; now given random stranger, friend, new associate, stalker, family or alien WHICH PERSON would have wanted - and therefore have benefited and moved on from - NC's death?"

That's key here. Then I'd revisit the convoluted patchwork of crazy myths, probabilities, lies, arguments, affairs, the unlawful invasion of her privacy, the mental abuse ....his laziness and dirty habits ....

And I guess I'd be *extremely* tough on my decision as a juror. Circumstantial Evidence is evidence enough! It's the very reason the man was plucked from society 2 years ago! One prays justice in this case rings out louder than the Bells of Big Ben.

Bumping up a gr8 post..... bold below is mine ...

Anyone lurking, catching up or skimming over posts for Tuesday, April 13th - this post is a must read by Madeleine - on page 20:

I realize it's much more fun to speculate creatively on how all these things could have happened to Brad Cooper. How inept and yet at the same time brilliant law enforcement conspirators planned to frame him. It's the stuff of rich fantasies. Conspiracy theories are popular.

The truth is much more mundane and perhaps boring in this case. No one accessed Cooper's computer except for Brad Cooper and then the FBI. No one changed files on Cooper's computer, though automated software certainly was running and the software scripts updated files as would normally occur every day. No one snuck into Cooper's network and then gained accessed to his Cisco secure laptop and placed files on that computer incriminating him in his wife's murder.

It would be much more exciting to imagine all of these nefarious things happening, but it did not happen. If something incriminating exists on Cooper's laptop it's because he put it there and it was later found by the FBI.

Common sense.

Then why do it? If it was to give the illusion of doing work, then why half-*advertiser censored* it? It's not like he didn't know how the system worked. I've done both types of tests for my conferencing servers. I've simply called into it to make sure it is up and running, and I've called in and launched an actual conference when a user says there is an error with their service. Obviously I don't work with Cisco conferencing, but I do these types of calls frequently from a test perspective.

well let's see if the calls were half-*advertiser censored*...

There were 4 calls from BC to either the rtp or ireland alpha systems.

6:37am, call from cell phone to the rtp vm system, message checked and then disconnect.

6:53am, call from home ip phone to cisco vm, deletes 2 message, message waiting light is now turned off and the call is terminated. (There is no indication that the MWI light was turned on that morning so it is not certain when these messages were left for BC)

7:26am, call to ireland vm system and a vm is composed and forwarded to BC phone in rtp. (The interesting thing about this forwarded vm was that the vm was never checked. So, if this was testing purposes one would assume that the forwarded vm would have been checked, otherwise how would you know that it was successful. My vote for half-*advertiser censored*)

7:56am, call to the San Jose alpha meetingplace system, hears opening greeting, presses 0 and hangs up. (This did not test any functionality of the meetingplace system, it only verified that the meetingplace system answered a call. My vote for half-*advertiser censored*)

BC maintained the ireland and rtp alpha systems, the san jose alpha system was outside of his control

less0305, thank you for post #907! You lay it out quite nicely as well as factually. I think the Prosecution needs you on their team. You can take Mr. Cummings place, LOL!

I have stated a million times that I do not believe in coincidences where murder and/or crimes are concerned. I learned quite a lot when my husband was Night Commander in a large police department (21 years). I also learned quite a lot during my 10 years on the parish Sheriff's Department eventually winding up being the Booking/Classification Lieutenant.

I have seen the BC's of this world. They may fool some people but they do not fool me. They would not have fooled my late husband for one moment either. There are no coincidences such as these in real life, and we ARE talking about real life here. The names and faces may change, but the personalities and the behaviors do not. BC has displayed classic behavior, IMO.

On July 16, 2008, before the COD had been announced, I posted that I was thinking that Nancy may have been strangled or suffocated. I also stated that if there was no rape or sexual abuse it would, IMO, point to the husband.

In prior posts in 2008, I had surmised that BC most likely had a tremendous sense of entitlement, and that Nancy most likely had many more friends than he. This was after BC had displayed such odd behavior on video in the first couple of days after Nancy was murdered. Now we know so very much more, don't we?

BC will always know what he has done. If he does not pay for it in this life, he will pay for it in the hereafter. Once a person crosses that line and does murder, there will be nothing to keep him/her from doing it again. BUT, I do feel that BC will be convicted and will not have the chance to murder again.

I do not post very much because the debate goes in endless circles. I just thank the posts I agree with and do not comment. I do not like to argue. I just want to say that I hope there is justice for Nancy, her beautiful daughters, her twin Krista, her younger sister, her brother, and her Mom and Dad. Nancy also had some very good and decent friends who want justice for her. GB them all!

JMO

CPD...WTF?!!? Will you PLEASE hire technically competent people or at least admit your technical incompetence and get the hell out of the way? These mistakes make you look like a bunch of ignorant rednecks. I'm pissed.

Strongly worded post, grommet, lol. I get as peeved by some of the stuff seen. In short, we shouldn't group together a couple of genuine mistakes, including deleting info on NC's blackberry as a Long Walk to Freedom for BC.

Had he not murdered NC in the first place - and instead continued with the separation and divorce - CPD would never have had to go collect his software in the first place. Yelling and screaming at the messenger is not justice for NC. Putting BC behind bars, is, IMO.

Generally: Domestic violence definitely includes mental abuse: BC was King at this type of hideous behavior. The tragedy lies in that these feelings of rage revenge and revulsion so boiled up in him. Given his extreme fitness - he took, IMO, NC's life in far greater speed than it usually takes - in the hall of their home - once she returned from the party.

How he got to this stage is what is being unraveled in court. Letting HIM off on every spoken lie and conceivable piece of damming circumstantial evidence is beyond me. Just goes to show. Maybe some here have a bigger problem with LE than with criminal acts? Just guessing.

less0305, thank you for post #907! You lay it out quite nicely as well as factually. I think the Prosecution needs you on their team. You can take Mr. Cummings place, LOL!

I have stated a million times that I do not believe in coincidences where murder and/or crimes are concerned. I learned quite a lot when my husband was Night Commander in a large police department (21 years). I also learned quite a lot during my 10 years on the parish Sheriff's Department eventually winding up being the Booking/Classification Lieutenant.

I have seen the BC's of this world. They may fool some people but they do not fool me. They would not have fooled my late husband for one moment either. There are no coincidences such as these in real life, and we ARE talking about real life here. The names and faces may change, but the personalities and the behaviors do not. BC has displayed classic behavior, IMO.

On July 16, 2008, before the COD had been announced, I posted that I was thinking that Nancy may have been strangled or suffocated. I also stated that if there was no rape or sexual abuse it would, IMO, point to the husband.

In prior posts in 2008, I had surmised that BC most likely had a tremendous sense of entitlement, and that Nancy most likely had many more friends than he. This was after BC had displayed such odd behavior on video in the first couple of days after Nancy was murdered. Now we know so very much more, don't we?

BC will always know what he has done. If he does not pay for it in this life, he will pay for it in the hereafter. Once a person crosses that line and does murder, there will be nothing to keep him/her from doing it again. BUT, I do feel that BC will be convicted and will not have the chance to murder again.

I do not post very much because the debate goes in endless circles. I just thank the posts I agree with and do not comment. I do not like to argue. I just want to say that I hope there is justice for Nancy, her beautiful daughters, her twin Krista, her younger sister, her brother, and her Mom and Dad. Nancy also had some very good and decent friends who want justice for her. GB them all!

JMO

Very deep and thoughtful post, LaLaw2000. Your words and style are far more respectful and resilient in the eyes of common sense than my regular retorts, lol. Another great and sincere post for the forum. Wanted to write this out, over and above using the thumbs-up "thanks" icon.

Wish you did post more! That's for sure. Have a great evening.... Polk-a-Dot Annie :seeya:

I absolutely agree that Kurtz/Trenkle would never allow him on the stand. But I think Brad thinks he could handle it.

Isn't that just the truth, HotPink? .... He'd simply explain it all away .... right. Not.

LaLaw2000 wrote:

I have stated a million times that I do not believe in coincidences where murder and/or crimes are concerned.

And millions more don't simply agree with this statement. The integrity therein is huge. Might even add this to my siggy, LaLaw. Need to read and be reminded more regularly.

Very deep and thoughtful post, LaLaw2000. Your words and style are far more respectful and resilient in the eyes of common sense than my regular retorts, lol. Another great and sincere post for the forum. Wanted to write this out, over and above using the thumbs-up "thanks" icon.

Wish you did post more! That's for sure. Have a great evening.... Polk-a-Dot Annie :seeya:

Thank you, PolkSaladAnnie! Love your posts, your great wisdom, and common sense!

You have a great 'rest of the night' also. I am up waiting on family driving in from Ft. Bragg, N.C. They should be here shortly!

:seeya:

Yes, I live in Lochmere. However, I was never friends with NC, BC or any of their close friends. However I am acquaintances with a few people in that inner circle. I run the same routes that NC ran. I belong to the same fitness club. I saw BC and NC quite often at Lifetime and Lochmere.

A lot of people think I am way off on this thing, but I truly don't think he did it. I think they had a terrible marriage. I think they BOTH treated each other poorly. I never saw them interacting at the pool. If it were not for their beautiful children you would have never known they were even married. But, in all honesty, BC seemed to be a loving, caring, doting father to those 2 precious little girls. Say what you want about how he treated NC, but he gave his children undivided attention when I saw him with them.

While Cary is deemed a very safe place to live and raise a family, trust me, I have seen my fair share of creepy people on my runs. So much so that I never run without my dog with me. It is not as "perfect" as everyone assumes it is. We have dealt with a lot of criminal activity in this area in the past couple years.

No, I don't think you are way off for feeling this way. What disturbs me in reading many of these posts is that so many feel that everyone must believe the same thing. No one should feel badly about their own opinion in this case. I guess it is called a respectfully agree to disagree policy without judgement on an individual for having their individual opinions. With emotions high, it is easy to cause folks to become emotional because they are very passionate in their opinions. Thank you again for your ideas and thoughts.

hotpinkstef said:
WRAL
Det. Chappell: July 13, Brad looked at jobs in Edmonton, NC Wanted, ABC11, Webkinz, Dragon Tales & Googled "Nancy Cooper NC."

His wife is missing and he's looking for jobs in Canada???

Well now, this one really BLEW it for me, didn't it just!

Sigh; suspect that even this crucial evidence will also be pooh-poohed away along with all of his other bizarre and untruthful words and actions - with valid reasons for this search likely to be:

1. Ah, but he thought she'd run off a new lover and he wanted out
2. Nothing out of the ordinary - everyone looks for a job
3. If N had fled to Canada, he wanted to be near his kids
4. LE messed his laptop and the dates were skewed
5. CPD framed-in that date on his search engine - just to help their case
6. He was actually trying to help NC get a job
7. He missed his mom. So what?
8. He was so distraught NC never returned from jogging; planned to return to Canada
9. He didn't know she was dead; went about biz as usual
10. Someone else may have run that search - while he was out searching for his missing wife.

Hell no. Flight risk? Incredible timing? Devious? Cunning? Calculated?

Book 'im Danno!

WRAL
Det. Chappell: July 14, Brad looked at Websleuths page about Nancy, N&O, ABC11. Continues to look at news websites & a blog. #coopertrial

Det. Chappell: On July 15, Brad looked at blogs relating to Nancy and looked up Triangle preschool. #coopertrial

Blimey! So *this* is how BC searched for Nancy, eh? Everyone else tracking her usual running path outdoors - and BC searches murder, missing persons and criminal investigation sites? What was he hoping to find here? A confession by some random attacker?

And if he was already onto W/S back then - it's more than feasible to consider he revisited on many more occasions! Ditto his defense team - big time. Especially as this salient little search-snippet is included in trial discovery.

No wonder many posts appear to slay CPD - inept investigation; bad policing. Can just imagine his team thinking... "May not get him off on the murder charges - but the investigation may be faulty. Ahhh, that's it: technical hitches and glitches by sloppy police work! After all, that's how OJ got off. It may be our only chance cause as sure as hellfire burns ... BCs obvious involvement seems rather tantamount"

And so ... they're bringing it on. Ha ha .... "state hasn't proved a thing...". Bolly Hocks to that: state has more than demonstrated his mindset, goals, character, deception, abuse ... and all but destroyed his time-line of events, IMOO, of course.

Originally Posted by foltster View Post
"I wouldn't talk to the police unless I had too either. "Protective Custody" is a thinly veiled reference to "we think you did this" in my book".

[Madeleine's reply] - Did what? His wife was only missing July 12 - July 14.

ACE, Madeleine! Better return service than Sharapova!

It's a *joke* BC was searching web for clues to NC, IMHO! Wouldn't be surprised if he even signed up to some websites or blogs undercover as being some "close friend" of NC - and instead ... steered his comments away from the "husband did it" commentary, back then, begging all to keep an "open mind". Can just see it in his character! As I recall, this was hot on the heels of Jason Young's gone-into-hiding-mode and I was reading here A LOT!

What utter tripe that perhaps BC felt he'd get more clues online. Errm, an entire police investigation was underway at that time, media coverage went viral - which musta completely thrown BC off his perch back then - and local town searchers going out - fliers distributed, Java Jive meetings ...

WHERE was BC? Tucked well outta sight and operating his %$#@! sophisticated IT gadgets. Duh-uh? No, no ... IMO BC was wondering what the world was really thinking. What a perfect way to re-visit the scene of the crime. Thru the eyes of the web.

To pooh-pooh his web activity as .... completely normal and understandable, under the circumstances .... is utterly ludicrous. But then, that's only my HO.

And yet it was testified to that at one point before April '08 he even suggested Nancy take the children back to Canada and he never wanted to see either of the three of them again.

Was that in writing or something NC said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14