Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kurtz delay tactics annoying all...these motions have already been ruled on

Why didn't she password protect her email or send everything to a different account with a password?

Im not the techy person to explain how he did it..but maybe someone could. I think it has to do with IP address and allowable accounts (email) allowed and given Brad's savyness, likely figured out away to access at least enough to enable to copy and pasting her email incomings to his own email address. Given Nancy's attempt to hide, everything from Brad in her car under lock and key suggests she did have it password protected, yet somehow he logged onto her account on her laptop that very morning (July12)...So he knew her password it seems!!

kurtz delay tactics annoying all...these motions have already been ruled on

I finally got a chance about an hour ago to watch the WRAL link of the live coverage of this morning's rant by Kurtz about the computer expert's testimony. Each time the camera panned to Brad, I could see the zits literally popping out on the side of his face. If you haven't watched it, do so-- it begins with one, then two, then a big red one. Honest.

Your sarcasm aside, when someone's life and livelyhood is on the line I take things a bit more seriously, if it was your life and lvielyhood, I would do the same. I think if he had of wanted to search Fielding Dr he would have searched on that, not his own zipcode that brought up a huge area. I would also need to see more than hear about a few tweets, and before the defense had a chance to cross before I made sweeping statements about someone's guilt or innocence. The Pros is not going to present evidence that does not support their case even if they are aware that it may exclude the defendant, they only show what supports themselves. That is also why they give such precise directives to the people they have search computers, such as the FBI agent not being able to answer some of Kurtz's questions yesterday - he said he could have looked at some things to clarify, but he didn't because he was not asked to.

I think BC was looking at his home to find a site to dispose of a body and it became the wooded area of FD since it was close and hidden. I doubt he was directly looking up FD.

And the amount of stress in that house for as long as it was probably made NC ignore her instincts. She thought she could handle it, she had thus far. She probably was telling everyone about everything, regardless of whether it was HER spin on it, as an insurance policy. She might of thought since so many knew what was going on in that home BC would never go far enough to actually hurt her.

Kelly

NC's dad and her male friend from Canada actually asked her if she felt safe. Their gut was crying out for her too. I'm so so sad, this just hurts and I don't know NC. Feel like I do now though and would love to have known her in the flesh. Don't think she knew a stranger.

Indeed gracielee, Nancy had only been home from her aka about 5 days, and I am sure she thought she had more time to get things inplace..I am sure she planned to call Interact that following Monday, I feel she had a new resolve to get out of there..Sometimes that inner angle speaks to us, and we just dont move fast enough to avoid karma just around the corner..
:911::911::911::shakehead:

The mere fact she had been advised to stay in that home to secure those kids by her lawyer yet she came to the conclusion she NEEDED to get out and started to work on the July 8th by contacting that Realtor speaks volumes to me..and you need to know Brad intercepted his email back to her!
For all the supposed embellishments the defense has tried to portray...just shows ya..Nancy indeed feel in urgent need to GET OUT!! and her fears ultimately ended being corroberated by her death :maddening::maddening:

Ohhh.. thanks for putting that together.. that he read the email her realtor sent back to her and said he would give her options of where to move to.
BC must have been freaking out that she was going to be able to leave. (I know people wonder where she was going to get the money but I really think it was going to be her parents especially after that visit they had with her and how much she was upset about being unhappy and wanting to leave)

Nancy's email account did have a password. And it appears Brad knew what that password was. It was likely setup when they first got RR established and the marriage was intact at that time. Whether Nancy ever changed her email password is unknown. Ultimately Brad knew what the password was and he was able to access the email settings on the RR webmail service and secretly add himself to get a forwarded copy of all emails coming in.

I, too, thought the terms of the separation agreement were over the top. Of course, in hindsight it's so much easier to think of what would have been best. But it would have been so much easier--and safer--had one of them moved out. Then they could have negotiated in a neutral place and maybe have worked through the issues.

If Brad hadn't been intercepting her private attorney client communications it might have been okay. :(

Seriously cody, where you ever on the fence?
I recall your posts being 100% on the side of Brad Cooper.
I agree the trial so far has been, well....I guess bizarre is a fair word.

Oh most definitely I was totally undecided. I was looking for something other than what was already being presented in court. Now, I think we did debate certain points and relevance or importance. I am a scientific, hard evidence type of guy and was perplexed with the long buildup of the case.

Right, and I don't beleive he could have gotten the car that clean to remove all trace evidence of bodily fluids, hair, etc. especially in the time frame he would have had to have done it. He was an engineer, not a magician.

Do you really think he placed her body in the trunk w/ no wrapping:waitasec:
Like I said, the trunk was immaculate...pristine...recently vacuumed and obviously spit shined. The rest of the car was trashed with debris and normal hair / fibers you would expect.
I rest my case.:smile:

Ohhh.. thanks for putting that together.. that he read the email her realtor sent back to her and said he would give her options of where to move to.
BC must have been freaking out that she was going to be able to leave. (I know people wonder where she was going to get the money but I really think it was going to be her parents especially after that visit they had with her and how much she was upset about being unhappy and wanting to leave)

I still have this gut feeling that NC had started to stash money away and had hoarded some money. I believe her parents would have gotten money to her SOMEHOW, if even through HP or JA or DD, but I think that little stash of cash NC was probably trying to hoard went right into BC's pocket in the early morning hours of 7/12.

Oh most definitely I was totally undecided. I was looking for something other than what was already being presented in court. Now, I think we did debate certain points and relevance or importance. I am a scientific, hard evidence type of guy and was perplexed with the long buildup of the case.

I was, to be honest, getting very impatient with the state's case. Until today, when it melded. I knew there had to be more but I am impatient. I respect you guys who are scientific and want the hard facts. I am more emotional and go on gut feelings. I don't have them often but when I do I pay attention because they are usually right.

Talk about stupidity/arrogance...

Within BC's lab he access to many servers, in fact he probably has access to many racks of servers. He could have simply installed an OS on any of those servers, there would be no way to trace such actions, and then perform any search he desired. Wiping the disk, destroying the disk, etc would all be untraceable options after searches were complete. I simply don't understand the thought process to perform such a search on his personal or work issued computer.

Ego, hatred and the fact that even BC isn't rational all the time. His anger overcame all else. Remember he had a week of NC and girls being gone. They come home and then NC and BC are in 'hate mode' he gave in to an impulse thinking 'they' would never find this search...or on Monday he would have an opportunity to clean off the computer. The alert for NC gone missing went out way more quickly than he could have anticipated.

If Brad hadn't been intercepting her private attorney client communications it might have been okay. :(

Ya know..I just wish along with Nancy's lawyers advise, she had of mentioned to change her password weekly..just to be on the safeside!! OKay you Family Law Lawyers..Listen up..Make that a part of your advise!! TY..keep your clients safe!! :twocents:

I too like the facts (hence my nic).
Way too much dramatic testimony so far.
Total overkill on the finances and marital discord, imo.

Pretty sure that TWW and WS made the wral news tonite. (The judge be mad at us)

Isn't it funny that TECHNOLOGY is the thing that all of us are so excited about on this case and he's banning TECHNOLOGY from the court room?

I get a kick out of that.

And JTF, I am not retracting the possibilities I have posed. I agree this is a smoker, indeed. Ask them which one of them was dialing out on his phone? (Maybe one of their men?)

Hi Judge! Can we rub your head for luck? (JIC)

But Gracie, she never once said she was in fear for her life or felt any threat of violence? It makes no sense.

I am not an expert but there is a battered syndrome where the victim is in denial. You can clearly hear her friends and family seeing a problem and asked her repeatedly about being afraid of him (clearly they were). One even called a women's help center for her.

Two things haunted me all along in this trial: One was NC looking at home from the party that night to see if the lights were out. It seemed that she was waiting for everyone to be asleep. The second was the realtor's call that she needed to move quickly on getting a new place. Piecing them together with the testimony today makes good sense. NC obviously realized things were escalating past the point that she could handle. As was pointed out, how tragic she didn't move on her instincts faster and get out of there.

I agree,

Took a lot of nerve to walk home alone. Who knew? I think N did.

Interesting to now look back with what we know from today's testimony.

Brad did have access to equip that would allow him to spoof a call on July 12th and he did discard the equip since it wasn't in his office when police arrived late afternoon July 12.

Brad cell phone was pinging on the tower closest to where his wife's body was found on the morning of July 12.

Brad left those two little girls alone while he ran his little errands to the store twice and to dump their mother's body in the exact place he was searching on work work computer the day before.

Brad got rid of clothing and shoes of his. He grabbed two right shoes of Nancy's, thinking it was a pair. Ooops.

Brad discarded some items from the front foyer of the house, items which were seen by a witness the day before.

Brad didn't know about painting plans yet he went to Lowe's on Fri July 12 and bought a dropcloth but later claims in his deposition he doesn't remember if he stopped anywhere on his way to work. He didn't mention this visit to detectives either. He doesn't get into work until 11am or so. Lowe's at 9:30am. Was Brad looking at possible dump sites in person after Lowes and before he got to the office?

We now know Brad had murder on his mind on Fri July 11. It's possible he had been contemplating getting rid of Nancy for some months.

Though the jury does not know this, we know Brad searched and bookmarked a suicide site in Feb 2008 (it came from alt.suicide.??? as shown on the overhead in court on Tues). The site talked about asphyxiation. He transferred this site when he updated his computer software and the site was in the newest bookmarks as well.

The strange lists Brad made that Nancy and HP found and thought might be signaling something like suicidal thoughts doesn't seem so farfetched now. Suicide turned to homicide in the end.

We know Brad was doing searches on the Mac Nancy used the morning of July 12. Jobs in Canada, flight info Canada. Sure looks like things Nancy might search for. Nancy was the one who was trying to move back to Canada, get a job, and start a new life.

We know Brad was secretly getting copies of all Nancy's email from April 7, 2008 and on. He saw what she was planning and thinking about.

NC's dad and her male friend from Canada actually asked her if she felt safe. Their gut was crying out for her too. I'm so so sad, this just hurts and I don't know NC. Feel like I do now though and would love to have known her in the flesh. Don't think she knew a stranger.

I hear you. I am her exact age, we are only 3 weeks apart.... and I only lived about 3 miles away from her and just had a baby when this happened to her so i watched it on the news as I was recovering.. that and the casey anthony trial was what I watched while recovering from the c-section.
So very sad, I just hope her kid are okay and they can find some piece with her twin sister raising them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx