State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was last week. A coworker was on the stand - he went to lunch with BC and 3 other engineers. Said BC took a cell phone call away from the table of guys at lunch. He went outside for a long period to talk on the phone and it struck the coworker as odd since they don't lunch frequently.

day 21 part 1 wral.com

I've been away 3.5 hours and I see we're still in "blame everyone BUT Bradley" mode.

I'm not on the fence anymore but I got to ask, why do you get offended so much on a differing opinion? It's comes off as a little immature and I don't think you are immature individual.

I think she felt something those last few days. She agreed to call Interact, called the realtor, and her friends worries were growing. JA panicked quickly, as did H, sorry, can't remember her last name/initial right now. Krista said 'what did you do to her?' And dad said 'this isn't going to have a happy ending.'

Indeed gracielee, Nancy had only been home from her aka about 5 days, and I am sure she thought she had more time to get things inplace..I am sure she planned to call Interact that following Monday, I feel she had a new resolve to get out of there..Sometimes that inner angle speaks to us, and we just dont move fast enough to avoid karma just around the corner..
:911::911::911::shakehead:

The mere fact she had been advised to stay in that home to secure those kids by her lawyer yet she came to the conclusion she NEEDED to get out and started to work on the July 8th by contacting that Realtor speaks volumes to me..and you need to know Brad intercepted his email back to her!
For all the supposed embellishments the defense has tried to portray...just shows ya..Nancy indeed feel in urgent need to GET OUT!! and her fears ultimately ended being corroberated by her death :maddening::maddening:

Oh yes, remarkable book. Also, "Protecting the Gift" - about protecting your kids. What an eye opener. And scary as all heck.

Yes, many years ago I met someone that made my blood run cold. Long story, but I just couldn't stand him, he made me sick to my stomach, literally. Nothing I could put my finger on, but I told my husband. He looked especially, trying to see what it was I *felt*. He came up with nothing. But it was so strong, I had to cut off contact with the the wife because of it. Had to cut these peope out of our lives because of him. Years later the man, an engineer come to think of it, was arrested for rape of a child, numerous counts, numerous charges of sex crimes against children under the age of 12. When I saw it in the paper I couldn't breathe. I felt it, truly felt it eminating from him the first time I met him. Always trust your instincts.

I'm not on the fence anymore but I got to ask, why do you get offended so much on a differing opinion? It's comes off as a little immature and I don't think you are immature individual.

:great::floorlaugh:

Indeed gracielee, Nancy had only been home from her aka about 5 days, and I am sure she thought she had more time to get things inplace..I am sure she planned to call Interact that following Monday, I feel she had a new resolve to get out of there..Sometimes that inner angle speaks to us, and we just dont move fast enough to avoid karma just around the corner..

The mere fact she had been advised to stay in that home to secure those kids by her lawyer yet she came to the conclusion she NEEDED to get out and started to work on the July 8th by contacting that Realtor speaks volumes to me..and you need to know Brad intercepted his email back to her!
For all the supposed embellishments the defense has tried to portray...just shows ya..Nancy indeed feel in urgent need to GET OUT!! and her fears ultimately ended being corroberated by her death :maddening::maddening:

LIndy..you make an excellent point....lawyers do advise not to leave the home and risk the accusation of abandonment. Nancy had an excellent lawyer whom I have know doubt gave her the same advise. The fact that she wrote the realtor and said she needed out asap is nothing short than a SOS in my opinion.

O/T I guess - not looking for a response. I know lawyers recommend staying in the home so that all is not lost legally speaking but I've seen the negative results of those recommendations several times on friends of mine. I know many of you have, too. My friends went through all kinds of he**, fear, and increased abuse. IMO, you ought to be able to leave to protect yourself without fear of losing everything.

Good observations.
I am thinking that perhaps she didn't realize until that very night that her life may be in danger. I know I've said that before but the more I think about how she kept peering out of DD's window the more I think she was feeling fear for the first time.

I agree with you. It sounds like she was realizing how serious things were.

THanks, Lyndy Loo. I was on the fence, I will admit, mainly because it was a very bizarre trial to me. I know many of you have said the same thing too. And, I was looking for a piece of concrete evidence to put these other pieces together. Unless we find something that shatters this new piece of evidence (which I doubt happening).

Seriously cody, where you ever on the fence?
I recall your posts being 100% on the side of Brad Cooper.
I agree the trial so far has been, well....I guess bizarre is a fair word.

I think he used the zip code as a search because he didn't think anything would be found as far as zooming in. If he actually saved images (why?), then I have no explanation for his stupidity.

Talk about stupidity/arrogance...

Within BC's lab he access to many servers, in fact he probably has access to many racks of servers. He could have simply installed an OS on any of those servers, there would be no way to trace such actions, and then perform any search he desired. Wiping the disk, destroying the disk, etc would all be untraceable options after searches were complete. I simply don't understand the thought process to perform such a search on his personal or work issued computer.

O/T I guess - not looking for a response. I know lawyers recommend staying in the home so that all is not lost legally speaking but I've seen the negative results of those recommendations several times on friends of mine. I know many of you have, too. My friends went through all kinds of he**, fear, and increased abuse. IMO, you ought to be able to leave to protect yourself without fear of losing everything.

I have seen it too. Maybe we should try to get the laws changed to protect the women and children who leave. Some of NC's laws are antiquated.

Originally Posted by cityslick

:great::floorlaugh:

Immature?? What?? Us?? Immature??

:dance:

:slap:

:chillout:

:skip:

:slapfight:

What makes you think that?

LIndy..you make an excellent point....lawyers do advise not to leave the home and risk the accusation of abandonment. Nancy had an excellent lawyer whom I have know doubt gave her the same advise. The fact that she wrote the realtor and said she needed out asap is nothing short than a SOS in my opinion.

Honestly, the separation draft was so outrageous that it was not good advice to tell her client to stay in the house after giving him that. IMO, one of them should have moved out before working on the terms. I have to believe if I was a lawyer I would not feel comfortable having my client submit something like that to their spouse still under the same roof. I think it was a very bad idea.

And then the next step is to ask for a mistrial!

Kurtz is throwing out everything in his lawyers bag of tricks!

I've even considered Kurtz using the demographics of the jury as a matter of concern.

Honestly, the separation draft was so outrageous that it was not good advice to tell her client to stay in the house after giving him that. IMO, one of them should have moved out before working on the terms. I have to believe if I was a lawyer I would not feel comfortable having my client submit something like that to their spouse still under the same roof. I think it was a very bad idea.

She advised it because it is the law....you leave the home the other person can claim you abandoned the family. In NC you have to live together 1 year before divorce is granted. Not defending the law, but that is the law.

Why didn't she password protect her email or send everything to a different account with a password?

While I agree today was a bad day for the defense, the trial isn't over yet either. The defense still has to present it's case and the jury still has to decide. Stranger things have happened in trials before.

Yea, OJ comes to mind.
Thanks for reminding me of that dreadful possibility. :doh:

Its not really OT as this has been discussed about how Family Law looks at these things..It was a hot topic when Nancy's lawyer actually testified that she did advise her to stay in house (domicile) as long as she felt safe from harm...Just the look on her face said it all How she regretted that advice!! But unfortunately in order to leave the person has to show reasonable evidence for the need to leave..and tho a few testified to the verbal yelling and screaming, she likely felt she would lose those kids IF she left! She had NO proof at that point only that Guardian Angel sreaming in her ear :-(((

Family COurts are brutal..IMO.. THE laws need to change :banghead:

I, too, thought the terms of the separation agreement were over the top. Of course, in hindsight it's so much easier to think of what would have been best. But it would have been so much easier--and safer--had one of them moved out. Then they could have negotiated in a neutral place and maybe have worked through the issues.

She advised it because it is the law....you leave the home the other person can claim you abandoned the family. In NC you have to live together 1 year before divorce is granted. Not defending the law, but that is the law.

Actually, you have to be separated for a year before filing for divorce. Sadly, I know. I went through it. We didn't have kids though so things were fairly straight forward.

I think it would only be classified as abandonment if she had left the kids there (which I know she wouldn't have done). And who cares about the property and assets. They didn't have any really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55