State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, All I can say Brad doesnt look so smug today!! In fact his head is bowed and eyes glued to the desk infront of him!!

How many times will the defense go this route??..It just shows you how despirate they are to supress!!

Motions DENIED!!!!

They will definitely TRY to reinvigorate a jury that is ready to go home.

IF they have ANY doubt to present at this point, they better make it short and sweet.

Yes, but that 12 hours makes it premeditated murder.

JMO

It does, and so does the act of strangulation. From a legal perspective, he had a minute or two to remove his hands before she died, therefore those tiny amounts of time are considered to be premeditated as well.

But Gracie, she never once said she was in fear for her life or felt any threat of violence? It makes no sense.

Denial is a powerful tool to keep people in places and situation that are or become very harmful. "Oh I know things are bad - but he/she would never hurt me"..and on and on.

Great book written by Gavin DeBecker called "Gift of Fear". People should pay attention to the instincts.

But Gracie, she never once said she was in fear for her life or felt any threat of violence? It makes no sense.

It doesn't and even though we think we know Nancy through her friends' testimony we don't really know what her deepest and darkest feelings were. I do believe if she were physically afraid of him she would have confided in somebody, or all.
But because that particular day was so horrible for them, 'hate mode', maybe that night when she continued to peer out of DD's window she realized that she was, indeed, afraid of him. And thought she was safe to go home after all the lights were out.

It does, and so does the act of strangulation. From a legal perspective, he had a minute or two to remove his hands before she died, therefore those tiny amounts of time are considered to be premeditated as well.

So why didn't they go for the death penalty?

Denial is a powerful tool to keep people in places and situation that are or become very harmful. "Oh I know things are bad - but he/she would never hurt me"..and on and on.

Great book written by Gavin DeBecker called "Gift of Fear". People should pay attention to the instincts.

And the amount of stress in that house for as long as it was probably made NC ignore her instincts. She thought she could handle it, she had thus far. She probably was telling everyone about everything, regardless of whether it was HER spin on it, as an insurance policy. She might of thought since so many knew what was going on in that home BC would never go far enough to actually hurt her.

Kelly

Thank You! That's another 23:31 I will never get back in this lifetime. Brad is in control of the "JoyStick".

Beside that, this Defense is SO Brad driven..we might see him on the stand yet.

I hope, I hope!

Hey there, CrimeAddict! :) Nice to see you... Wondered where you'd been. Seems that is how or what he was thinking; maybe he felt safer at work - who knows. What a total jerk.

I have been reading everything with my tiny ipod from the message boards the last few days. It has been 70s this week in North Carolina so I have not been by the computer much!

This bombshell (haha reminds me of Nancy Grace) has been huge today. I am still catching up on the thread!

Something about his behavior after the disappearance so reminds me of Bobby Cutts...after "mommy is in the rug"....Just odd...

Frightening, eh Lori?! That this man was headed the direction he was going - it's no wonder he became even more contemptuous toward NC since her return. He was always belittling her; demeaning NC ... she was like a trapped mouse. Couldn't work, couldn't leave the country, couldn't move away ... and had to be handed money on a weekly basis.

He left the marriage years before. All this talk of "NC cut him off from sex" just drives me insane. Was she "supposed to service him"? They clearly couldn't stand each other. Making love just wasn't on the map. Rage was building up ... and that triathlete ... pounced, IMHO ... that's the way I see it.

Grrrr. Very, very sad. Sadder still - is (or was) his lack of concern. Googling when everyone else was out looking for NC. Why? He knew she wasn't coming back!

Now I have to do some turning in, myself :) Been great interacting...

Add to that, have to go to stores, choose clothes, and then have the clerk put it on the side for her husband to come back and purchase, or not, depending upon his whim...... Like a child. :maddening:

So since the trial is not actually over yet, I am still trying to reconcile things in my head that just don't add up.

Apparently NC, JA, HP & SC had lunch together on Friday. She was all fired up, hating BC, stressed out, fed up, etc. then why does she not even mention to them talking to the Realtor about moving out soon?

This all goes to a post I made last night. The Pros case, the state, is supposed to be out for justice, but they are often in it for their own ego's and their office and don't look beyond anything that may exclude what makes their case which is wrong. That is not how our justice system was set up, we should not be putting people to death or in prison for life based on less than adequate investigations. I am still upset that we never got to see what was on her phone. The slow discovery to Defense, and many other actions by the police and the Pros in this case. I don't like gov't being given so much power, they still work for us, and they should be doing a through investigation.

I disagree, in so many cases I've seen, it's perfectly obvious the prosecution feels great empathy for the victim and the family of the victim. I recall Laci Peterson, and just recently, the ballerina, can't believe I can't remember her name. In the Michael Peterson case, it was obvious the prosecution felt for Kathleens daughter.

So why didn't they go for the death penalty?

IIRC Nancy's Family did not want it..Being Canadian maybe, or maybe because the children is living with Nancy;s family.. Either way, it was never really a priority...Most DP have a protocol for seeking DP..Just a depraved murder doesnt cut it..There has to be more than one of the criteria ..such as multiple murders is one..particular malicous or heinousness of the crime, if the victim was a LE officer in the line of duty, ..I have tried to Google the actual criteria to no avail..sorry cant be more helpful :waitasec:..

IIRC a Plea Deal was offered to Brad in order toavoid a trial and put the families thru all this ugliness!! But Brad and his council refused it..So here we sit seeing and hearing all this dirty laundry ( Sorry, not trying to be funny :-(( )

But the bottomline is the victims's family were not wanting that and most Prosecutors follow those wishes..LWOP would be sufficient..:seeya:

So since the trial is not actually over yet, I am still trying to reconcile things in my head that just don't add up.

Apparently NC, JA, HP & SC had lunch together on Friday. She was all fired up, hating BC, stressed out, fed up, etc. then why does she not even mention to them talking to the Realtor about moving out soon?

She didn't actually get a chance to talk to the realtor. She called and left a message. I'm not sure there would have been any real news to share in that regard.

Two things haunted me all along in this trial: One was NC looking at home from the party that night to see if the lights were out. It seemed that she was waiting for everyone to be asleep. The second was the realtor's call that she needed to move quickly on getting a new place. Piecing them together with the testimony today makes good sense. NC obviously realized things were escalating past the point that she could handle. As was pointed out, how tragic she didn't move on her instincts faster and get out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA