State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the urge to say they made him pull overnight surveillance duty at HM's house, but I will squelch it.

I wonder if he knows you guys call him Detective McDreamy

I can assure you I do not call him McDreamy!!

I hope none are jurors.

Yeah, I always wonder about that jury *thing* in this day and age.

Do the 12 people SERIOUSLY go home and actively block out ANY snippet of information about the case!?

What WAS the important print out from today's mess?

Screen capture of the guy's facebook account or what? Or did BZ never "go get it"?

It was insignificant. It was one of the pictures from the phone demonstration. (At least I think that's what it was. Remember I was "trial challenged" today due to children interference.) (I have a note.)

Do the 12 people SERIOUSLY go home and actively block out ANY snippet of information about the case!?

Apparently the witnesses don't. I wonder if the Witness fairy will visit us with something from Mr. L tonight?

My bet would be no. If it were a week or two trial, maybe so, but when it goes on this long I don't think that it is realistic to think that all 12 of them will avoid hearing anything outside of the courtroom.

If Young has lied about the entire phone deal, well, I hate to say he should be punished by the CPD because I imagine he has already beat himself up over it a hundred time. What a lesson to learn the hard way.
I do recall reading in one of the affidavits by Blum that they wanted to know if Young had been reprimanded, punished, or whatever as a result of the phone mess.

I hate to think that he did lie...but what he said doesn't make sense. Also, as a detective, he is taught to take notes. Yet he didn't take any notes at all on the phone call to AT&T. That bothers me considering the result.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in light of the phone being wiped, why aren't the provider records hauled out as a backup? The defense must know there's nothing there, yes? So the course they're choosing is to let CPD look like doofuses. Because if there WAS something there - like multiple calls to a boyfriend - they'd have them up on a billboard downtown somewhere.

I'm pretty sure by the time CPD notified HK that the phone was wiped, the provider had purged its data for that account. I think BL said they keep it for 6 or 9 months then purge it. BL said there was potentially other information in the records that they couldn't see from what the prosecution disclosed, such as attempted incoming or outgoing calls that didn't go through that would show in the detailed data records but not on the intermediate billing statement. I think that's what he called it.

My bet would be no. If it were a week or two trial, maybe so, but when it goes on this long I don't think that it is realistic to think that all 12 of them will avoid hearing anything outside of the courtroom.

Was there a sequester motion here? I bet that would go over well.....

Would this make any more since to them than what they are seeing?

Well, if they're going to ignore the court's rules, then I'd rather it be here than another site I can think of!! LOL. I just hope they are adhering to the rules!!

However, with no personal animosity toward you, why in the heck did Brad send that letter anyway. It was highly unusual, IMO. I have never heard of a person from whom LE has subpeoned "stuff," sending a letter to LE asking that the item(s) be handled "carefully." This is a huge WTF(riday) flag for me.

There is something very odd about all of this--Brad and the CPD. :crazy:

Actually, the defense attorneys in the Duke LAX case did exactly the same thing... asking to be present when CGM's (the false accuser) phone was analyzed because if it was done incorrectly, without care, all data could be lost.

Screen capture of the guy's facebook account or what? Or did BZ never "go get it"?

Came across to me as courtroom drama. I'll print this important photo but never go get it...just remember that it was important and I printed it.

There are 32 guests on here right now. :websleuther:

This is a huge interest in this case from various parts of the country and Canada. Some guests may be in the Pacific time zone, they are just getting warmed up--and I'm getting ready for bed.
I have a rather large garden to plant first thing in the morning--must be finished by 9:30am!

Almost impossible, if not outright impossible, for the jury to not be exposed to out of court information in today's digital age. Heck, just 20 years ago the interwebs were just starting, so people still relied solely on newsprint and the 6 o'clock news. Now your exposed to 24 hour news cycles and even if a juror wanted to check the sports on wral.com (i don't know why anyone would want to do that, but...) your almost assuredly going to see a headline about the case.

Basically that's what they've been directed to do. Although difficult, IMO, most jurors try to follow the guidelines presented to them about what they can and cannot do.

In fact, if it is determined that a juror violates the guidelines, I believe that would be "juror midconduct" and a whole host of "legal" things could happen, depending on where the trial is at the moment the misconduct is discovered.

So that's what the print out was?????? :)

Well, if they're going to ignore the court's rules, then I'd rather it be here than another site I can think of!! LOL. I just hope they are adhering to the rules!!
I am a card-carrying cynic, but I think that it is possible to find 12 people who would have the discipline to adhere to the rules for 2 months. However, I don't think that there is much chance you are going to get so lucky as to find those 12 people in a random sampling of NC Driver's License owners in Wake County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty