State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be. I have a hard time believing that AT&T support would have given Young those instructions though since that isn't how a phone is unlocked. Even more unbelievable since Young didn't bother to write the name down of the person he was talking to or write down any of the instructions.

If Young has lied about the entire phone deal, well, I hate to say he should be punished by the CPD because I imagine he has already beat himself up over it a hundred time. What a lesson to learn the hard way.
I do recall reading in one of the affidavits by Blum that they wanted to know if Young had been reprimanded, punished, or whatever as a result of the phone mess.

But they would still have the record of text message sent to/from on the phone records. It's not as if all info was erased. The person on the other end was still alive and could have provided the information in the text.

Do we know for sure that one side or the other doesn't have the phone records?
I tell you, I'm old and tonight I'm tired. And so much of this information seems to be running together right now.

The prosecutor is fighting for one side only. Noone expects him to be neutral. A witness on the other hand should not be steering his evidence to benefit one side or the other. The evidence should just be what it is.

Actually, the NC State Bar Rules of Professional Conduct (for attorneys) require neutrality.

Specifically, Rule 3.8 - Special Responsibilities of a Prosecutor
http://www.ncbar.com/rules/rules.asp

excerpt:

1] A prosecutor has the responsibility of a minister of justice and not simply that of an advocate; the prosecutor's duty is to seek justice, not merely to convict. This responsibility carries with it specific obligations to see that the defendant is accorded procedural justice and that guilt is decided upon the basis of sufficient evidence. Precisely how far the prosecutor is required to go in this direction is a matter of debate and varies in different jurisdictions. See the ABA Standards of Criminal Justice Relating to the Prosecution Function. A systematic abuse of prosecutorial discretion could constitute a violation of Rule 8.4.

Definitely! And if I were on the jury, it'd cause confusion to me - to my thinking about the evidence.

That nobody has them tells us what?

If there was something there, a boyfriend's phone number, wouldn't the defense be waving them all over the place?

If there is nothing there, the defense would have no use for showing that Nancy wasn't up to a whole lot.

Yes? No?

If Young has lied about the entire phone deal, well, I hate to say he should be punished by the CPD because I imagine he has already beat himself up over it a hundred time. What a lesson to learn the hard way.
I do recall reading in one of the affidavits by Blum that they wanted to know if Young had been reprimanded, punished, or whatever as a result of the phone mess.

I think Chief Bazemore had him write on the duty room chalkboard "I will not wipe another cell phone" 100 times.

I can assure you that every major corporation handled subpoena compliance in writing in 2008 and indeed much father back than that.

With respect to Young's situation,the phone , and AT&T, I didn't understand it to be a subpoena situation. I took it more as Young just called them up, told them who he was, and gave them an overview of the problem and wanted to know what they advised him to do to access the phone. Maybe I'm thinking it out all wrong.

Do we know for sure that one side or the other doesn't have the phone records?
I tell you, I'm old and tonight I'm tired. And so much of this information seems to be running together right now.

I know they have the phone records because I remember a screen shot showing the text message numbers from Nancy's account for several months.

That nobody has them tells us what?

If there was something there, a boyfriend's phone number, wouldn't the defense be waving them all over the place?

If there is nothing there, the defense would have no use for showing that Nancy wasn't up to a whole lot.

Yes? No?

I don't really understand your question/statement!

I would be suspicious that the phone was not scrutinised by LE, if I was on the jury.

I think Chief Bazemore had him write on the duty room chalkboard "I will not wipe another cell phone" 100 times.

I have the urge to say they made him pull overnight surveillance duty at HM's house, but I will squelch it.

I wonder if he knows you guys call him Detective McDreamy

I have the urge to say they made him pull overnight surveillance duty at HM's house, but I will squelch it.

Lol, wouldn't that be a hoot.
I haven't called him that but I've thought it a few times. I have a feeling more people read this forum than some of us want to believe.

If he doesn't know already, Zell will eventually print it out and show him.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in light of the phone being wiped, why aren't the provider records hauled out as a backup? The defense must know there's nothing there, yes? So the course they're choosing is to let CPD look like doofuses. Because if there WAS something there - like multiple calls to a boyfriend - they'd have them up on a billboard downtown somewhere.

Lol, wouldn't that be a hoot.
I haven't called him that but I've thought it a few times. I have a feeling more people read this forum than some of us want to believe.

There are 32 guests on here right now. :websleuther:

What WAS the important print out from today's mess?

Screen capture of the guy's facebook account or what? Or did BZ never "go get it"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic