State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Levitan....is that his name? What really riled me were the distasteful faces he was making at the jurors when he became disgusted and his little, under the breath, remarks. I was hoping Judge Gessner was going to call him on those.

Go back and watch the faces BZ was making towards the jury. Many of these were with his back to the judge.

And if the phone records are obtained from the cell provider, they have all numbers in or out. I just am so not impressed by the uproar over the cell phone. The phone was erased. The cell phone records show all activity in or out. I think the defense is certainly making much ado about nothing. Again, their only defense is the inept/corrupt police. They have no other defense and they are going to wring the life out of the inept/corrupt police defense.

Will you be attending the McDreamy stoning/hanging in the morning then? :rocker:

You probably don't want to attach it (it's pretty big), you just want to link to it.

Here is a link to it.

To do this your self:

1. pull up the PDF file in your browser then grab the URL for it (the thing at the top that starts with http....).
  2. highlight the URL and click right and do "Copy"
  3. start typing your post and then you highlight the words that you want to make a link. So, in my case, I highlighted the words "a link" above.
  4. go up to the top of the box you are typing in and there is a little globe with a chain link at the bottom of it. Click on that globe.
  5. a little box will pop up with "http://" in it. Replace that with the URL that you copied in step (2)
  6. click OK

at what step do we change it from a .cur to a .bmp file?

You probably don't want to attach it (it's pretty big), you just want to link to it.

Here is a link to it.

To do this your self:

1. pull up the PDF file in your browser then grab the URL for it (the thing at the top that starts with http....).
  2. highlight the URL and click right and do "Copy"
  3. start typing your post and then you highlight the words that you want to make a link. So, in my case, I highlighted the words "a link" above.
  4. go up to the top of the box you are typing in and there is a little globe with a chain link at the bottom of it. Click on that globe.
  5. a little box will pop up with "http://" in it. Replace that with the URL that you copied in step (2)
  6. click OK

Thanks, SS! I just copied and pasted your instructions into an email to myself. :)

without know the specifics of the exchanges you're talking about, during cross examination that is exactly what you do if you plan to later impeach that witness' testimony. it is not the defense's witness being examined, so they would ask questions like "isn't it true, Mr. Fudd, that you told Daffy Duck to be 'vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbit'?" if in fact they later planned to call Daffy to testify that's exactly what Elmer Fudd said to him.

I'm talking about the prosecutor saying to a witness: isn't it true that you wrote in your witness statement that Nancy was afraid of Brad? The witness replied that this was not true. There were a number of questions along that line, but in fact the witness was telling the truth, and the prosecutor was lying.

I'd agree the photos would weigh heavily on the jury. All the more reason the jury would want justice for NC.

I read the news reports when this happened, and like most people, figured "BC did it".

Then I began watching the trial and thought "Oh geez, the prosecution has completely screwed up this case. A guilty man may walk free, and no justice for NC".

And now, well into the trial, my thoughts are "Man, I think this guy may actually be innocent".

Convicting the wrong person does no justice for NC. And before I get slammed, I'll say it would not shock me if it turned out BC did actually do it. But IMO, this case is extremely weak. Evidence, even circumstantial, is lacking.

And today's testimony has me convinced evidence was compromised. I don't think there is any way that BB was accidentally wiped clean.

I have followed basically the same path as you on this.

The trial, rereading early info and rewatching the depo's has made me come to the same conclusions as you.

Most of the 'personal' witnesses have been questioned by either the female ADA or Cummings. Boz has handled all of the technical testimony. I hope the female will do the cross on SH.....I, too, feel that he's a very gentle soul.

I agree. I think both witness and BZ were awful today. Almost unbearable to watch. However, if the jury was a annoyed as many of us were with this testimony, I think the main thing they will come away with is that the CPD (namely JY) erased all of NC's phone info (whether accidentally or intentionally really doesn't matter). It adds some value to Kurtz's opening statment that the CPD are inept. That is just my opinion.

Of course it never left the house that morning. But it could have shown text messages, contacts, or other things on there that could implicate someone else. I honestly doubt they would have found anything, but we'll never know now.

Is it possible BC put some things on NC's phone he wanted discovered? Hence the push by the defense to the prosecution be very careful with the evidence (phone).

Is it possible BC put some things on NC's phone he wanted discovered? Hence the push by the defense to the prosecution be very careful with the evidence (phone).

Sure it is possible. But of course we will never know.

I actually think he was printing a picture to show the cell phone being tested had a cell signal. This was during the time that the witness was confused about using a test phone or NCs phone to re-enact the wiping of it. BZ asked him right before about the cell having a signal.

For the record, there are no photographs of the re-enactment performed my husband and me.

Sure it is possible. But of course we will never know.

This kind of thing is where I have an issue. If BC is guilty, he's brilliant. He somehow:

1) Killed NC without any evidence left in the home (and not to be graphic, but death is messy)
2) For a guy who did not care about a clean house, he became the world's best clean-up guy.
3) He somehow managed to make a call from the home to himself, but left no trace whatsoever of how he routed this call.
4) He went to the grocery store twice seeming completely cool and collected.
5) In spite of a neighborhood where everyone seemed nosy, and it being a weekend where people were up late/at a party, no one noticed him putting a body in the trunk and leaving young children in the middle of the night.
6) No one noticed him driving down a major road.
7) He removed the license plate so not to be traced...yet no one noticed a car without a license plate.
8) Again, no one saw BC furiously cleaning out the garage, removing and reattaching license plates
9) Now he was planting stuff on NC's mobile...even though he had no training or experience in mobile technology.
10) He was able to hand over the mobile immediately to LE, and magically predicted a detective would continually (10X!) put in the wrong code and wipe the phone.

It just doesn't pass the sniff test....

For the record, there are no photographs of the re-enactment performed my husband and me.

But is there video? On a cell phone that the CPD may have confiscated?

Also, is there video of the re-enactment that Kurtz and Zellinger did of your re-enactment?

But is there video? On a cell phone that the CPD may have confiscated?

Also, is there video of the re-enactment that Kurtz and Zellinger did of your re-enactment?

It's across the hall, she'll be right back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni