State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably so. The expert on the stand testified to that. LE is not equipped to deal with this area of evidence. That's why he goes around doing training. And this is 2011. Imagine had bad it was in 2008 when all of this was even newer to law enforcment.

It still leaves open the question of why did they not look at NC's phone when she first went missing. They should have looked at her phone no later than Sunday morning after she went missing. They are putting out fliers, setting up roadblocks, etc. and did not bother to look at her phone?

And did i see something about JA or somebody helping them with NC's PIN? Or is that just another of the FAUX FACTS in this case?

It still leaves open the question of why did they not look at NC's phone when she first went missing. They should have looked at her phone no later than Sunday morning after she went missing. They are putting out fliers, setting up roadblocks, etc. and did not bother to look at her phone?

And did i see something about JA or somebody helping them with NC's PIN? Or is that just another of the FAUX FACTS in this case?

I can't answer that. Maybe they looked at it but realized that they couldn't do anything without a pin or password.

Not sure NCEast..Brad stayed with him for days after leaving house..IF he too had Cisco access thru SH's computer..brad could very well have tampered with his puter that was still powered on at his house....not sure about the date Brad went to HM's house to get car and have visit...as Brad could have tried to remotely access his Cisco laptop thru her work computer as well??.. Too many questions, not enough answers as yet???:banghead:

Interesting possibility, isn't it? :shush:

Now another thing I find intriguing is how we see ALL of these COMPUTER and HI TECH experts and they're all experts in different aspects. What one expert can make happen, the other might not, but then again the second guy can make something happen which the first guy THOUGHT was impossible.:rollercoaster:

:whoosh:I bet old BC has lots of tricks up his sleeves his peers and acquaintances never dreamed he'd know. :ufo:

Interesting case, interesting possibilties, limitless. :doorhide:

yup!
JMHO
fran
:)

TY everybody for the a spirited discussion today..you all are the greatest:great:...I assume we will be back in court Tues 930AM..and look forward to cross exam of SH..Who wants to bet their supper on SH suddenly not recalling alot of memories??..:floorlaugh:

Have a great evening folks:seeya:

Originally Posted by gracielee
thank you so much, made a little icon for the screen on this computer. Hopefully I won't have to ask again. Isn't this the guy Nancy Grace uses frequently?

Yes, this is the Nancy Grace guy.

Again from the late arrival -- and I will watch this morning asap -- the NGrace guy is on the stand in front of witnesses?

I just had a LIGHT BULB moment!

We keep pointing out that DY waited days to follow the instructions he got on the phone from the AT&T rep. Think about this:
1. JY has no notes naming the AT&T rep.
2. JY has no notes on the procedure he followed that he got from the unnamed AT&T rep.
3. In his testimony, Levitan said that AT&T always provides written instructions (fax or email) for said procedure. According to Levitan, they never provide the instructions by phone.

Draw your own conclusions.

yeah, I definitely heard that testimony. Curious if Kurtz is going to have anyone from AT&T confirm this. VERY interesting if true.

No need for apologies. I heard exactly what you heard, and it threw me as well, before it was corrected. And I am glad this is getting cleared up. I don't think Levitan was a strong witness--but I can't blame him for not knowing every detail of one of his dozens of cases.

Thank you for being gracious.

The jury had only been in the court room about 20 minutes, why would they need a 'morning break' already???

The principals have bladders, too! (I still think, besides him being mad as fire at Kurtz many days back, that the Judge had to go to the loo when he declared the "2 1/2 minute break"! Remember??!!
icon10.gif

ETA: IINM, the jurors have to stay in the jury room -- they cannot just get up and leave .... and they have prolly been drinking coffee, too!!!

It has been known since pretty much day one that Det. Y followed procedures provided by AT&T and erased the phone. What is not known is who deleted the SIM card? After today's testimony, that is still not known. IMO

I'm admittedly not a phone techie. The Cingular SIM card troubles me. Here's why.

I have a BB. AT&T is my provider. I was dropping calls right and left so I went into the AT&T store...the first thing they did was replace my SIM card. Haven't dropped a call since. They scanned the new card and said the old one was useless. I still took the old SIM with me.

Possible when Cingular was bought out by AT&T that her SIM was replaced for that reason with an AT&T SIM?

Possbile BC put the old SIM back in her phone and destroyed the new one?

Would an old SIM store any data? I don't have a clue.

Fran, I googled HM earlier today and it took me to a WS thread very early in this case. 3rd week in July-08. I was very interested in reading your posts from back then, so many of your thoughts and feelings were absolutely in line with what has transpired and testified to in the trial. You have an outstanding 6th sense, good job!

No need for apologies. I heard exactly what you heard, and it threw me as well, before it was corrected. And I am glad this is getting cleared up. I don't think Levitan was a strong witness--but I can't blame him for not knowing every detail of one of his dozens of cases.

I thought this was a pretty good witness until he messed up about the phone being NC's or not. I had already tried to dismiss that he didn't bring all of the dcumentation for this testimony. I know it wasn't required, but this is his JOB and he's most likely being paid very handsomely for it. Poor man seemed so confused. :confused:

I've mentioned before that one of my daughters is a forensic chemist. Part of her J O B is also testifying to verify or confirm HER work on the evidence being presented. Part of her JOB is reviewing her notes prior to going to court. She also often times meets with the pros and reviews her findings.

I'll ask her how much of her background work she takes with her. I do know that they have EXTREMELY strict restricitions on the procedure for each type of evidence they review. She has written some of the protocol.

JMHO
fran

PS...LOL, this is about the only type of info my dd will discuss with me about her job, anything useless. ;) fran :)

Well, off to half price wine night at a local restaurant. Stay tuned for PUI. (Posting under the influence.) Just kidding.

So if on this board, we are arguing amongst ourselves over what was said, can you imagine what it will be when the jury deliberates?

Looks like Boz's technique was at least somewhat effective.

Well, we KNOW they're monitoring this site, so let's HOPE that they are taking notes and it will be cleared up in closing statements.

Seriously, I've seen it done,;)

JMHO
fran

I'm admittedly not a phone techie. The SIM card troubles me. Here's why.

I have a BB. AT&T is my provider. I was dropping calls right and left so I went into the AT&T store...the first thing they did was replace my SIM card. Haven't dropped a call since. They scanned the new card and said the old one was useless. I still took the old SIM with me.

Possible when Cingular was bought out by AT&T that her SIM was replaced for that reason with an AT&T SIM?

Possbile BC put the old SIM back in her phone and destroyed the new one?

Would an old SIM store any data? I don't have a clue.

I'm clueless there as well. My phone does not have a SIM card. I know what they do but have no idea what happens when you start swapping them from one phone to another.

All I know is that today's witness seemed to have added more questions than answered. I don't think he lived up to the defense's expectation. MOO

Originally Posted by gracielee
thank you so much, made a little icon for the screen on this computer. Hopefully I won't have to ask again. Isn't this the guy Nancy Grace uses frequently?

Again from the late arrival -- and I will watch this morning asap -- the NGrace guy is on the stand in front of witnesses?

I think I understand what you're asking. Ben Levitan, who testified for the defense, was on the stand for the majority of today. He is also a guest occasionally on Nancy Grace. Is that what you wanted to know?

Absolutely. Especially when we've got the benefit of rehashing it as it happens, and playing back the videos to correct each other.

I think this is a great point. Unless there are some GREAT note takers on the jury, and a good leader amongst them, then the impressions of the witnesses while in the stand will weigh heavily...... as to what the jurors take away from each testimony. Although the phone witness today may have had some good points, I believe it will be lost on by the jury due to his demeanor and the DA's line of questioning.

I also apologize for asserting with such confidence that the phone in the photos was not Nancy's. (I do have an excuse and can provide a note if needed.) I saw the part where the witness was saying that it was a test phone in the photos. I missed the part where it was cleared up in redirect. Thanks to all who patiently stuck it out and provided the verification. :seeya:

I'm clueless there as well. My phone does not have a SIM card. I know what they do but have no idea what happens when you start swapping them from one phone to another.

All I know is that today's witness seemed to have added more questions than answered. I don't think he lived up to the defense's expectation. MOO

Yes, data is still stored on old SIM cards. The existing SIM cards would not have been effected by the merger.

You can swap them from phone to phone easily. Your SIM card essentially is your phone. I used to try out new mobile phones a few times a month, and all I had to do was move my SIM card from phone to phone and all my data was there.

Now we're going to hear them calling a sledgehammer expert!

A: Can you describe your knowledge of sledgehammers?

W: Yes. It is a pole with a metal blob on the end. Just like it has been for 4,000 years.

J: Witness is qualified as an expert.

A: Can you describe the process?

W: Yes. You decide what needs to be hammered, then you swing the hammer toward it. Some things need to be hammered more than once.

A: Can you, as a sledgehammer expert, testify to whether this SIM card has been sledgehammered?

OA: Objection! He's not a SIM card expert so he cannot possibly testify to whether a sledgehammer has been used against it. Maybe being hit by a sledgehammer is the last thing they do at the factory before it is released for sale.

J: Sustained.

-- cross exam

CX: Sir, do you take sledgehammering seriously?

W: Yes.

CX: Then why does your facebook profile show you holding a sledgehammer above a beer with the caption, "If I'm not getting hammered, I'm probably getting nailed?"

J: I don't understand facebook. I'm striking everything from the record.

My nominee for Post of the Day!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member