State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trip was part of an MBA program. I would consider it unprofessional to bring a spouse.

And, would you consider it professional for a married man to be in room alone with an unmarried woman from the host country???? I don't think so. Spouses can and have gone on business trips with their spouses as long as there have been business trips, probably (obviously not all trips, but France may have been special for Nancy...).

However, let's see, KC was an infant...hardly the time for NC to travel. I'm sure that just slipped BC's mind as he was establishing friendly relations with the host country.

Speaking of psychology (somebody said something about borderline and passive aggressive I think) - did you know there is a whole psychological phenomenon associated with victim-blaming? There are 4 or 5 categories it might fall under.

I don't mean people who pay attention to the fine details of trial. I mean people who twist fact and theorize heavily so that a death is either the victim's fault or they were such abominations that it doesn't matter that they're dead anyhow. I don't see so much of that here, but it was in skeery and abundant evidence at that other place.

I don't think anyone is moving a goalpost. I think the intent of the challenge was to recreate what Chappelle said BC did and get the same results. Based on your timestamps (which are 1 second apart between the open and closed hand files....and I'm assuming it is less than 1 second based on rounding), you didn't do the steps that Brad did. It's fine...and you did get the timestamps to match for each of the 3...but it would be nice if you explained the steps you took. Did you actually move and grab the picture a couple of times, then zoom in multiple levels?

Hey don't go getting all Boz on us here! ;) purely in jest but let's not totally crucify the one person willing to take up the challenge.

Ha. Yeah. The funny thing is that other than saying that BC probably did it, but there wouldn't be enough evidence to prove it, I've been one of the most "down the middle" people here. If I posted something that did not match the predetermined truth of the anti-BC people, I would have been attacked by them. I posted something that didn't match the predetermined truth of the pro-BC people and got attacked by them.

Color me shocked.

I give you an A for effort. Brave soul for trying and posting the results because you're right, you can not please this crowd no matter what you do. LOL!! Damnest thing I've ever seen.

I see a bunch of people who believe BC is guilty -- belief without evidence does not equal guilty.

I agree that belief without evidence does not equal guilty. Haven't seen any of the folks who think BC is guilty not also state which evidence leads them to that conclusion.

Pretending there is no evidence in this case does not make the evidence go away. It may not be DNA, fibers and CSI-episode evidence, but it is indeed evidence. You may not find it compelling and you may not believe it, but it is still considered evidence.

I believe the picture he showed (assuming a he, my apologies if I am wrong) are the actual results. But I think it is fair to ask the steps taken since, based on the timestamps, it doesn't look like a reproduction of what BC did. Again, I think the point of the challenge was to try and reproduce what BC did and get the same results that the "FBI" found. Not just to get timestamps that show the same value. I do believe it is trivial to get them to show the same value by deleting the TIFs and doing a google search and 1 closed hand grab.

Actually if you go back and look, the original challenge was exactly what SleuthSayer did. A poster believed that all the times for both the open and closed .bmp files were identical. It was pointed out the the times for the open hand were not the same as the times for the closed hand. The poster then presented a challenge to see if someone could recreate that on their own computer and have all the times for the open hand identical and all the times for the closed hand identical. That was the challenge given.

JP was upset about a bit of gossip that NC told SH, who told HM, who told JP. How bad could it have been? That he couldn't "perform" during their little couch meet-up? JP also had an alibi.

Just what was JP's iron clad alibi????

So you would have said he was lying? (not baiting here...I promise)

Nope, I'd think he was a typical man. Listening to half a conversation. :) my husband does it all the time. "Don't you remember, I told you last night that so and so is coming tonight?" "no, you never told me that....." In two more months we'll be married 43 years. We are right here together, watching the Dancing with the Stars results show. Still in love, still sharing and laughing. But that doesn't mean he listens and get's everything straight. :woohoo:

I agree. And I believe that is what the defense was going for in calling JP. JP should have been a suspect to LE and investigated.

His interviews with the CPD, played today in court, put red flags up everywhere.

I'm not saying JP did it...I'm saying he should have been investigated thoroughly.

Yes. He seemed very rattled. They should do a polygraph. Something isn't right.

Oh and RL on the witness stand was heartbreaking to watch. I felt like he was torn between doing the right thing and hurting NC family. I think his first interview with Det. AD was very real.

Before you've even heard the second one?

Speaking of psychology (somebody said something about borderline and passive aggressive I think) - did you know there is a whole psychological phenomenon associated with victim-blaming? There are 4 or 5 categories it might fall under.

I don't mean people who pay attention to the fine details of trial. I mean people who twist fact and theorize heavily so that a death is either the victim's fault or they were such abominations that it doesn't matter that they're dead anyhow. I don't see so much of that here, but it was in skeery and abundant evidence at that other place.

So why bring it up then? Why waste the time typing that out?

I give you an A for effort. Brave soul for trying and posting the results because you're right, you can not please this crowd no matter what you do. LOL!! Damnest thing I've ever seen.
Yeah, you're really in no man's land when you are not be on a "team" here. The only thing that both teams usually agree on is that they hate the referee.

You'd be rattled too, if you knew that some substantial portion of Wake County thought you were a murderer.

Oddly enough, if you told me the CPD had found JP running through Lochmere in a red and black sports bra, two left shoes and nothing else, I'd probably believe you.

You'd be rattled too, if you knew that some substantial portion of Wake County thought you were a murderer.

But that excuse doesn't apply for BC? He should have acted exactly the same in every way, when, on TOP of being a suspect from hour one, you just lost your wife?

Oddly enough, if you told me the CPD had found JP running through Lochmere in a red and black sports bra, two left shoes and nothing else, I'd probably believe you.

I'm surprised the defense didn't drag somebody up to say just that.

I didn't explain myself very well. If you believe that JP killed her and HM was his alibi, he had to have gone into the Cooper house to kill her because Brad said that she was still in the house at 7 a.m. At 7 a.m. JP was at home with his children after his ex-wife dropped them off on her way to work.

Allegedly. Did anyone ever verify that? That is why I said I would really like to hear from his ex-wife about the time.

Actually if you go back and look, the original challenge was exactly what SleuthSayer did. A poster believed that all the times for both the open and closed .bmp files were identical. It was pointed out the the times for the open hand were not the same as the times for the closed hand. The poster then presented a challenge to see if someone could recreate that on their own computer and have all the times for the open hand identical and all the times for the closed hand identical. That was the challenge given.

Fair enough. And they completed that challenge. But that is not what BC did according to the "FBI" witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member