State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In early affidavits, he stated that they were naked on the sofa in Nancy's house but he didn't remember (due to drinking) if there was an actual sexual encounter or not. I have read, too, that Nancy said the same thing before she was killed--no memory. He may say something different today, or in the taped interview, but the 'don't remember' by both is what's showing in the affidavits from early on.

If I walk in on my teenage daughter naked on the couch with a a guy, despite what they can "remember", you best believe that it will be treated like a sexual encounter.

The BDI-ers have such enormous double standards. BC could smile at another woman and you'd call him a serial cheater but no matter what NC did if it can't be played out to make her look saintly then it's all gossip and hearsay.

She got to quite a few men in the area. BC was one of them, though certainly not the last. She was (or maybe still is) with this current witness (JP) as well. Broke up his marriage.

I'm not even sure I replied to the original quote about this or not, but perhaps it would be helpful to know SH didn't find out about the BC affair until he found out from someone else after his marriage had ended with HM. And his marriage ended because HM left it after having a two year long affair behind his back with JP. So one would assume SH had bigger fish to fry with JP by the time he found out about the BC tryst that occurred years earlier.

I thought before not remembering his sexual encounter with NC, this guy also didn't remember being naked with her, and pretty much before that told CPD he barely knew them (BC & NC).

If I walk in on my teenage daughter naked on the couch with a a guy, despite what they can "remember", you best believe that it will be treated like a sexual encounter.

The BDI-ers have such enormous double standards. BC could smile at another woman and you'd call him a serial cheater but no matter what NC did if it can't be played out to make her look saintly then it's all gossip and hearsay.

Not me, I have never called BC a serial cheater nor have I ever called Nancy a saint. Don't make it personal.
I am only reporting what was testified to in the affidavits.... go back and read them yourself.

I thought before not remembering his sexual encounter with NC, this guy also didn't remember being naked with her, and pretty much before that told CPD he barely knew them.

During his first interview with the CPD, he downplayed his relationship. In the second interview, that's when the full disclosure came out.

I know, these relationships are bizarre, which is why I dubbed it "Swingtown". But I have to disagree on SH being "creepy". I think he's hot, and I cannot believe his wife cheated on hottie with BC. Ewwww!

LOL....ok....creepy hot?

It was a 'sexual encounter'. This is witness testimony, no need for interpretation. You can spin it however you want, it's no different from BC and HM in the closet as far as adultery goes.

uh huh, see, I'm thinking it more closely resembles BC & HM in the car, or perhaps BC & HM when HM was giving BC the BJ. Because as someone else had pointed out, one would think they'd *remember* intercourse. Now perhaps JP didn't really recall a BJ, and it didn't result in much because they were both so inebrieated??? What's a good two letter description for 'drunk as skunks?'

I haven't been following as closely as some, but I heard Kurtz say this is the exact same situation that the pros put the defense in, except then it was a 6 hour video the night before, and not a 1-hour video. Correct?

He did say that but I don't believe it is the exact same thing. In the instance with Brad's depo, the defense asked at the last minute to have certain portions redacted. They gave the state a list of portions to redact but without the time references. The state with little time tried to prepare the tape and they obviously were not successful.

In this case the defense provided the state with the full version. At the last minute they were presenting a redacted version that the state had no knowledge of what was redacted and how that might change the context of certain statements.

That's what I got from the two "tales of the tapes".

Both JP and NC say they don't remember what, exactly, happened that night. I read in something that she owned up to their being naked on the sofa but she didn't think there was a true sexual act involved.

Yeah right. So she's not having sex with BC at this time, she ends up on a couch naked with another man, who I assume is more than willing and eager to fulfill her desires and nothing happens.

Thanks! Sometimes, I am reading along and feel like I'm watching and listening to a different trial than almost everyone else! In my simple world, it is creepy, odd, strange...whatever...for this guy to be bff with BC after BC had sex with this guys wife!! :banghead:

Yup, that's what struck me too about it. 'Still waters run deep'? Very strange if you ask me......:waitasec:

I would imagine that all the "players" have taken a second look at how they interact with other couples and what that means. At any moment, your life can become an open book in the court of law. Indiscretions are not as discrete as they may seem.

Yeah right. So she's not having sex with BC at this time, she ends up on a couch naked with another man, who I assume is more than willing and eager to fulfill her desires and nothing happens.

Don't kill the messenger :)
This is what they said in the affidavits.

uh huh, see, I'm thinking it more closely resembles BC & HM in the car, or perhaps BC & HM when HM was giving BC the BJ. Because as someone else had pointed out, one would think they'd *remember* intercourse. Now perhaps JP didn't really recall a BJ, and it didn't result in much because they were both so inebrieated??? What's a good two letter description for 'drunk as skunks?'

Spin, spin, spin away. How about an 8 letter word for whatever is was they did: adultery ?

In BC's depo I remember him saying SH didn't learn about the encounter BC had with HM until about a month before. Meaning a month before the depo was taken, which would mean SH learned about the affair Sept 08. Now we know Mr Cupper lies, but that's what he claimed in his depo. If that's true, or if SH didn't know the full extent as to what happened until after July '08, you can't blame him for being supportive of BC in July 08.

On the stand, didn't SH testify that he had heard a rumor of his wife being with BC, but it wasn't confirmed until NC went missing?

I could be wrong. It's all very strange indeed.

Good Morning:seeya:

Reading thru the posts this morning, these two caught my eye~~~

I guess I'd need to go back to SH's testimony to verify this, but IIRC he said he knew about HM's affair with Brad end of 2006, and also mentioned he was in the midst of divorce ....But the point was he knew about the affiar back then. It struck me because he knew, as did most of Nancy's friends, but Nancy didnt. Nancy knew nothing until the end of 2007 when HM told her. Of coure Brad denied it and threatened to sue HM...

I dont know if this affair was one of the causes for divorce between SH and HM, but all I can say is for him to remain friendly with Brad and Nancy, I have no idea how he could even look at Nancy in the eye for the following year and half. SH apparantly did some jogging with Nancy, and of course HM continued to act like she was Nancy's best friend....Ohhh the betrayals by your bestest friends :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member